Annual Contributions to Fund Nightly Forever!

Rock

Hey everyone! We had quite a scare the other day when our PayPal account hit $0. Luckily, we had a VERY generous benefactor that put up enough funds to take us into 2015. There are many of us who want to keep this place going so we want to make sure this doesn't happen again!

There is a solution to this. I don't think ad banners are it and begging people every year just isn't effective and makes for a very stressful ordeal. Our server costs are currently about $40/month, plus incidentals here and there like software upgrades, adding more memory/drive space, features, etc.

So... if we get 12 people a year to donate $50/year, we would be solid from now on. Of course if we had more than 12, that would be great for us... gives us some cushion for the pushin. But at the minimum, we need to have at least 12 people to commit to donate an annual contribution of $50.

So let's make a list and check it twice! I dropped $50 tonight. Who else can find a way to fit $50 a year into their budget to keep this place running? It would be great if we could get 15-20 people per year and we'll never have to worry about money again. Of course, if you sign-up to donate, you'll get supporter status and our undying gratitude.

1. Rock

2. Cerina

3. Good God A Bear

4. Fozzie

5. UK Legend Killa

6. Anne/Randy Six

Would this be on top of what you give as a Supporter or in place of?

In place of. The idea behind the supporter program is to keep Nightly running, so anyone who donates that minimum amount will be part of the program.

Would this be on top of what you give as a Supporter or in place of?

This is technically "separate" because this is a new approach (trying to get this on auto-pilot so we never have to ask for funds again), but of course anyone who does this $50/year will automatically be Supporter status, so you don't need to do both. You can still do the Supporter for a lesser amount (I forgot how much we are charging).

Also, I don't want to discourage people from making one-time and/or smaller donations. We certainly appreciate any funds. You never know what may happen where we may need more money... the server may go out of business and we have to find a new place, software upgrades, tech support, hardware stuff, etc.

Is there an option to donate with any option other than PayPal? I'd gladly pitch in a bit if I could do it through Amazon's or Google's payment systems.

I don't know if that's feasible for us, as we would have to sign-up for an account then transfer/wire the funds to our pay-pal account (if that's even possible) because our server takes our pay-pal payments. Is there a reason you hate the PayPal? Maybe we could take a check?

Well the trick with that is controlling the means you give them to connect to your money. I've used them for ages, but they are connected to a bank account I use for fun money that never has more than $1000 in it.

But even then, I've never had trouble with them, for years. They've never taken money i didn't authorize.

You can also do one-time payments with credit or debit cards through them that don't require a bank account.

I'll be prepared to start this in January. Will that be fine? If so, sign me up.

That will be great! I'll sign you up! Thanks buddy

Ok, that's three so far. Anybody else? I mean, we're not asking anyone to dump ice water over their heads... yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.