TV Show Dead Pool: The Deadening

ShadowDog

I'm liking Scorpion so far, but the pilot set way too high a bar for emotional moments and killer popcorn-flick stunts that the next two episodes couldn't possibly have hoped to touch. But it's pulling in double-digit ratings, so chances are I'm gonna lose points on it.

I do see a lot of other dead shows walking on my list, though. And when Selfie falls, many of us shall dine on its misery like kings.

See, I can't believe its ratings. I was looking forward to Scorpion but I can't get attached to ANY character and that's sad. I'm not making any connections that make me want to stick with it. It's standard comic book formula and I should embrace it.

No one scores points for this, but just to keep things lively and on-topic: AMC announced they've dumped all their reality shows except the two that nobody admits to watching but somehow live on anyway. So that means Game of Arms, Small Town Security, and Freak Show are all history.

Points for no one. We're all still tied!

Points smoints. When reality shows get cancelled we all win.

I'm liking Scorpion so far, but the pilot set way too high a bar for emotional moments and killer popcorn-flick stunts that the next two episodes couldn't possibly have hoped to touch. But it's pulling in double-digit ratings, so chances are I'm gonna lose points on it.

I do see a lot of other dead shows walking on my list, though. And when Selfie falls, many of us shall dine on its misery like kings.

See, I can't believe its ratings. I was looking forward to Scorpion but I can't get attached to ANY character and that's sad. I'm not making any connections that make me want to stick with it. It's standard comic book formula and I should embrace it.

Right now it's on at 9:00 Mondays. It follows a solid hour of That Stupid Overpopular Comedy That Won't Die (one new episode, one rerun), which is supposed to stay there through football season and then move back to Thursdays. At that point, then we'll see how Scorpion fares without it as a lead-in. For now it's somehow even outperforming its 10 p.m. follow-up act, NCIS: The One With LL Cool J.

Part of the show's problem is that most of the characters are antisocial by nature, which probably makes it that much harder for most viewers to connect with them. If Toby the fedora'd "behaviorist" fell off a cliff during November sweeps I wouldn't blink twice, but the rest of them I don't mind so much. They struck chords with me in the pilot, and they've still been getting human moments from time to time.

According to Hollywood Reporter, NBC is capping them at 13 episodes each...

A to Z (11 episodes)
Bad Judge (9 episodes)

3. Bad Judge (12 episodes)

A to Z - 6
Bad Judge - 16

Bad Judge (6 hard-living sexually unapologetic law-playing edge-living constantly balancing Criminal Court system judging episodes)

A to Z (8)

Bad Judge: 13

...which means you just earned ten bonus points!

CURRENT STANDINGS:

Iceman: 120
NumberSix: 120
Sonny: 80
ShadowDog: 50
RC Allen: 40
Good God a Better Judge Than Kate Walsh: 40
Foxglove: 0
Nixie: 0

RACK 'EM UP, BOYS!

Selfie (8 episodes)

1. Selfie (6 episodes)

Selfie - 7

Selfie (3 episodes)

Selfie (9)

Selfie: 20

13 episodes produced and likely to be aired despite American protests, so no bonus points awarded.

CURRENT STANDINGS:

Iceman: 160

NumberSix: 160

Sonny: 120

ShadowDog: 90

RC Allen: 80

Good God FTW OMG SMH ROTFL ICYMI WKRP: 80

Foxglove: 40

Nixie: 0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.