Sons of Anarchy Final Season

ShadowDog

I agree completely about Gemma and Wayne. A huge misstep in an otherwise pitch perfect episode. (Even loved the shot selection for the moment Jax kills her.)

It makes Unser a completely pathetic character. He devoted his life to this woman, never really getting anything back. In the end he dies for her, and she doesn't give the slightest shit about it. Truly, completely pathetic human being and life

I think that was kind of the point, though. Unser bet on the wrong horse by falling for Gemma. Doing so took him down a dark road that brought him little solace through the years and ultimately led to a horrible, remorseless end. Unser is definitely a tragic figure.

As for Gemma's lack of emotion I think she was just as resigned to his fate as she was to her own.

I JUST said GAT DAMMIT-not blaming anyone for spoilers. I can usually avoid them if I'm running behind but the second I clicked on this thread after weeks of none-it was just THERE and I reacted. My fault.

I do like this season but I feel SO much is a bum's rush to the end. More people are being killed in every segment than I think died in the first 6 seasons and only one guy's in jail for murder.

I don't like how Abel has been all of a sudden shoe-horned into the flow of the story and now everyone's demise will be because he overheard Grandma babbling. And since when does Gemma process shit verbally, out loud by herself? All of a sudden she just happens to get a conscience rather than justify her actions? All of a sudden she just starts talking out loud to herself about everything bad she's doing? And all of a sudden a 4 year-old learns to speak and gets savvy enough to be snarky and passive aggressive with Grandma ("Do YOU?"), not to mention what horrible actors the kids are (but at that age, what does anyone expect, I guess?). Not buying any of this.

Is there a term for writers making shit up to make their storyline work even though it totally compromises the characters they've built? 'Cause this is the template for it, IMHO.

I agree with you that a lot of this feels packed in-- we'd probably feel less that way if there weren't so many filler episodes in previous years-- or hell, filler seasons. I do love this show, but it's formula got tired a way back.

The technical term for an ass-pull is Deus Ex Machina

I don't know if I'd call Gemma's turn that though. She started talking her stuff out loud after she killed Tara, and she is talking to Tara, as if she were haunted by her. The theme of people knowing and accepting their deaths was all over this episode, I agree-- but there was also another common theme of people living and accepting their ghosts. Wendy in Jax's house, Jax knowing what he was taking on by killing Gemma, Gemma recognizing all the deaths she had caused... which reminds me. Jax will go to his own death (assumedly) without knowing what happened to his father. Everyone that knew Gemma was complicit in it (Clay, Tara, Wayne, Piney) are all dead. I used to think Tig knew, but it may have been before his time.

THANKS-this all makes perfect sense now.

Did we ever get FULL resolution on the paper manifesto of Jackson's Dad that had been passed around and partly burned after the MC got back from Ireland? And speaking of Ireland-I loved the shows that took place there and wish they would have done a few more remotes over the course of the show. They had the perfect reason with chapters all over, including TACOMA. That would have been AWESOME.

Last night Jax asked Gemma if she had a copy, and she told him where it was buried. Beyond that, it was a line they abandoned. I used to think it was something they decided to drop, cause they haven't mentioned it in ages-- but I think it was somewhat intentional of Jax leaving JT's path and going down Clay's when he took over the club.

Yeah, I thought it was going to play a MUCH bigger part in the direction of the series. I have two more to watch to get caught up and need to do that before Saturday-leaving my cheap cable behind (along with the DVRs) and having to deal with ComCast soon. NOT happy about that.

Guest El Chalupacabra

When Jax became president, didn't he make a speech to the club saying his father was weak and that's what got him killed? Initially I took that as an act to keep the club behind him, while he tried to turn it legit, but now, I wonder if that was actually what he thought of JT?

My nickel (which is obviously worth more) says AppleTV is better.

Though I am an Apple device person. If you have an Apple account and other devices it makes things a lot easier. If you don't, a Roku does just as good as a job. The only true difference is that Roku access Amazon for paid content, Apple TV hits iTunes. Both have Hulu and Netflix to round out the content.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, just depends on if you use iTunes or not. Makes sense Driver would like the Apple TV, since he is an Apple user. So if you are too, MG, go that route. If not, and you are mainly going to use it for Hulu and Netflix, I say get the Roku.

Either way, you're upgrading.

here's a comparison of which device has what feature:

https://www.roku.com/roku3-vs-appletv

Now, back to our scheduled program.

I have to say one good thing about the kids that play Abel Teller; they're equally as bad an actor as the other-seamless bad acting :) I watched After Anarchy and Sutter made a comment about it, too. I'm really curious about how these kids got the job, now. They'll probably grow up to be The Actors of Our Generation.

Your Generation.

Sometimes you get lucky when casting infants and your show runs 9 seasons and they grow into the Olsen twins ... but more often this happens. The series The Dead Zone went through 3 different child actors as L'il Johnny and the character started as 6 years old so they should have had some idea. The third kid had a completely different hair color (brown instead of blonde) and was at least 6 inches shorter than the previous one. But he was a great actor no longer drowning every scene he was in so none of the fans gave a shit. They should have done that here.

He didn't say the kid is terrible-he said something like "and then the scene with Abel-and his brilliant acting..." and they all chuckled.

If I have time I'll find the episode and quote. I still have one episode to watch before I move in the morning-so it has to be one of the more recent.

Okay-JUST finished watching Red Rose and looked for that and found it. It was on the Anarchy After with Chibs and Jax after episode 10, "Faith and Despondency". Sutter was again talking about how he wanted make Abel, the one 'Gemma probably loved and coveted the most', the one who would ultimately betray her and referred to the scene in which Jax is tucking Abel into bed and Abel asks if Grandma killed Tara so his real mommy could come take care of him, Sutter says "You know, obviously not a seasoned actor" and kinds scoffs and Hunnam says "you're talking about the kid, right?" joking her hoped Sutter wasn't talking about him.

But that's the only real mention of the kid actors-no follow up on why the played the role.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Did anyone else hear about the book debacle, and the accidental spoiler over the weekend? Basically a big reveal was a result of the SOA book being released a few days early, and no one knows why.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.