Sons of Anarchy Final Season

ShadowDog

I know the past couple seasons have been rough but I'm actually excited for this last race around the bike track. Who survives? Does Unser still have cancer or naw? Does SAMCRO itself even survive?

The first trailers are out and are pretty good.

There's a mild spoiler in them I'll talk about when I can get to a computer and use spoiler boxes.

im excited-- but admit that the swerve of Tara dying and Jax seemingly now being cool with being an outlaw feels like it invalidates the last few seasons. If it ends with Jax not finding a way to atone for all the crap he's done I'll be disappointed.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I'm very interested in how this season will play out, because I had always assumed it would be Jax going legit and somehow taking SAMCRO and Clay out, so that he and Tara could get out and start over (sort of like Henry Hill in Goodfellas).

Now, everything is on its ear with last season. I think this season will focus on Jax finding out what Gemma did, and what he does about it. he may take down SAMCRO in the process, but at this point, I am not sure how, and I wouldn't put it past them that EVERYONE dies by the end, including Jax.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I certainly agree with you there, Driver. It would feel like a Sopranos cop-out if everyone were killed off. I am just saying I wouldn't put it past them. Also, I actually WANT to see Happy, Tig, and Gemma get their comeuppance, but if they do, so does Jax have to get his, if there is going to be any symmetry. That was one thing that bothered me about The Shield: Vic Mackey more or less got off light with his "cubicle hell" whereas everyone around him had their lives destroyed, and yet Vic was the worst of the lot. Not that Jax is like Mackey, mind oyu, but he has done some pretty unforgivable, and irredeemable stuff at this point.

As for happy endings, I kind of feel like Kurt Sutter's character Otto is almost a microcosm of the entire show, and Jax's journey. So if Otto is any indication, it WON'T be a happy ending. Almost CAN'T be a happy ending.

Okay so here's my spoiler question:

There's a line about if Jax finds Juice he'll kill him. Um ... why? He didn't do anything but kill the Sheriff, hardly a "meeting Mr. Mayhem" offense in my mind. Does Jax think Juice is the one who killed Tara? Is that the story Gemma comes up with? I guess that's the only thing that makes sense but I don't see how they'd reach that conclusion unless Gemma sells him out. And Gemma's so guilt wracked because she now knows she killed Tara wrongly I don't see her wanting to cover her own ass.

Juice has been walking the line for awhile with Jax, I don't recall, did he have something to do with why Jax was arrested in the finale? When he was high at the whorehouse didn't he blab about them killing somebody that they didn't want Nero to know about-- and the girl told Nero?

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think Jax will find out what Gemma did and hurt/kill her, then realize he has become Clay and will somehow sacrifice himself and the club to make sure the kids don't go down the same path.

I suppose that is a possibility for sure, but who would raise them? Wendy?

But here's a question: do you think they would actually kill one or both of the kids?

Here's my spoiler answer, SD

I got the impression it was exactly that: Jax assumed Juice killed Tara.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't think the kids are dying.

Good episode tonight. Not great, not terrible.

I do like the meta swerve of us assuming the party would be a massacre and Lin actually bringing that up (plus we know they did it the Russians at Opie's wedding) and then they went a completely different direction. Way to keep us guessing.

Jax has gone Full Psycho, exactly as Tank feared he would.

I don't buy that Juice would hang around for ten days. That's retarded and only happened because the plot needed it to happen. Nobody's that stupid.

Unser being so nosy didn't ring true either. He's spent decades looking the other way from club business, he'd have just assumed the club was doing something shady at Wendy's place and left it at that. I mean, obviously Wendy was staying with Gemma for a reason. It could have just been for the kids but I don't believe Unser would be this nosy about what was obviously club business.

Jax being in a dark place is obvious but Gemma is in a really dark place too. That, I like.

So, I looked for and searched on how to use spoiler tags and found nothing here so, MANY SPOILERS FOLLOW OKAY-------------

Jax wants Juice dead because he got all ****ed up on Oxy and TOLD NERO that he killed Davany and why.

And speaking of retarded, WHY did Wendy want Unser to know Juice was hiding out in her apartment? She left him enough ****ing clues!

I, too, really want Jax to be playing Gemma and watch her crumble when the weight of it all comes crashing down on her-when she realizes all the lies weren't worth it because she no longer has her son, but I don't see that happening. I don't know why-just a gut feeling. But talk about your awkward conversations! When they were in the truck together and he was thanking her? They're both liars and they each know it and justify it.

AND OMG THEO HUXTABLE AND MARILYN MANSON!!! and was that one guard "somebody"?

Yeah, good story, but some really badly written beats. Wendy not caring about groceries to incite Wayne to snoop? OKAAAAY

I was really confused by Gemma framing the triad. Everything leading up to it implied Jax was up to something, her story seemed like a lie for the Grim Bastards that Jax was in on. It wasn't until Jax started torturing the guy that I realized he wasn't in on Gemma's fiction.

That means she must have told him her story off camera which is George Lucas level sloppy. I must overthink it though cause no one else online that I read was confused by it.

Right? Why was Gemma so hip to set up the Chinese? I see what you're saying now but I was way more into trying to figure out WTF Gemma was up to and why. I mean, she's NOT stupid but they're writing her as if she is now. She HAS to know this is going to come back to her really soon. The justification she ALWAYS uses is getting old, too. And isn't the blue Impala they're looking for Nero's? All the lingering shots all over it, like it was a naked woman seem to point to that.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm pretty mixed on this season so far. Not their worst, far from their best. It's kind of like the Walking Dead-- very uneven.

There's moments of pure genius, like:

Jax getting Bobby's eyeball in Tupperwear

Tig's harassment of Rat

the slow unravelling of Gemma's sanity

the redemption of Wendy

pretty much anything Jimmy Smits does

And moments of pure WTFery, like:

Anything involving Juice. It takes him weeks to get out of Charming? Put on a hat, ride a bus. Then he goes to the Mayans because he needs to be snuck IN to Mexico? Dude, you just walk over the border.

It's also been really formulaic. In every episode you get some combination of the following:

- Jax tells somebody to "set a meeting"

- Said meeting is had and line become interchangable as everyone in the room gets to ask a question or say something glib with their arms crossed, there must be at least 3 meetings per episode

- end of said meeting results in a shootout, a pact with a previous enemy, or "leverage"

- Jax will need something from party A, but first he has to do them a favor and kill/threaten party B

- Gemma will be a bitch to somebody, lies, and/or misconstrue something which causes people to die

- Jax will have to use words that end in "-er" and we realize his American accent is fake

- Jax continues to be a terrible father/human and yet we're supposed to root for him

- usually a chase and or fight sequence in the third act

- in the last act some secret is revealed, or something otherwise hooks me to watch again next week

Don't get me wrong, I like the show, and I'm invested-- but at this point the only people who should come out alive are Wayne and Wendy... and maybe Nero.

Jax and Gemma's fate will really be the defining moment if this show becomes one I come back to in the future.

Also, I hate to be mean to a kid-- but the boy they have playing Able is beyond terrible. Any scene with him just falls to shit as a result. That kid hasn't had any training, he's somebody's nephew.

I'm reaaaaly nervous that he knows Gemma's secret. The scene where he gives that up has to be a big one and no way that kid can pull it off.

Yeah that kid is horrible. If he's not looking directly into the camera he's looking off to the side, away from who he's talking to, so someone can coach him through the scene. That one scene he grabbed a bat and was "angry" was probably the worst of the entire series.

Given the fact that he knows Gemma's secret and has suddenly become violent at school I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to take her out himself, andoff so it's gonna be laughable.

Overall I like the show, too, but I've never thought Jax was a believable character. He's just a pretty boy who scowls a lot. And for a guy who seems to see all the angles he's a bit stupid for not suspecting Gemma. It's not like she has a great track record.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched "Smoke 'em if You Got 'em" last night. LOVED Tig's little joke while they were all at Diosa- "too soon?" HA!

But HOW the fuck did Gemma get away from Juice in stiletto heels in the dark?? And my ASS if she walked 12 miles in those.

There's a lot of blood being spilled-mass executions and Lin's the ONLY one in jail?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.