College Football 2014 thread: Year one of the playoff

RelentlessMalice

Im not missing the pace factor, how could I or anyone else? It's all that gets talked about. For the most part, it works, however there is no plan B. For instance, say they take the lead here 34-31 or something and get the ball with 4 minutes to go. They aren't able to run it out. It is a problem. Just doesn't come up much because they blow most teams out.

The main factor in their offense is the talent level, they could play any style at any pace they want and they are going to destroy 75% of the teams they play every year. Maybe more than that.

But when you look at them against teams with talent level near their own, they don't blow them out. Stanford has had great performances against them and the reason is simple: they stop the run in the middle without extra players. If you take this offense off schedule, it can be stopped.

Oregon has a great system, but imo they are too attached to the system. I don't think they are adaptable enough to certain situations and opponents.

Well I mean everyone knows Oregon plays fast, didn't feel the need to mention it.

However all that stuff, the fast pace, the going for it on 4th, the going for 2 it all starts with power running. If a team can stop their running between the tackles without having to use a safety to do it, you can stop everything else. It's all based on forcing the defense to commit to stopping that power run.

• 6 months later...

I saw Jimbo Fisher was talking about having a 4 point process to deal with players off the field issues. I know someone who works for the FSU Athletic Dept and these are the official steps:

1-Deny the allegations no matter what

2-Smear the person making the allegations

3-Delay any kind of trial or hearing

4-Get the player on the field for Saturday

The situation at FSU is a culimination of bad bonehead decisions by some players who put themselves in compromising situations and MUST be held accountable for their actions. I am a no nonsense person when it comes to bad behavior.

I think what some people especially the media is that the NCAA dictates how much time a coach can be with players. Its not like a head coach from every program in the nation can tuck his players in at 10pm each night.

Second and this is the #1 issue with players in top programs is how these elite athletes have been treated differently since they were in high school being protected by coaches, teachers and administrators. They have been taught as long as you can run fast and have great skills you can half ass grades and stay eligble and attempt to stay out of trouble they can can get away with anything.

Then they get recruited and are wined and dined by the schools with boosts their egos more.

Then they get a full ride scholarship with many hoping to have one or two solid seasons and get drafted into the pros.

It also needs to be mentioned that alot of these star players without the athletic ability would be nothing and sometimes it keeps many out of trouble. However they come from many times bad environments and hang out with the wrong element.

If you add all this up then you will have some ticking time bombs waiting to go off. Plus in FSU's recent sucess on the field the media is locked on the program and cannot wait to pounce on any incident.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.