College Football 2014 thread: Year one of the playoff

RelentlessMalice

• 2 weeks later...

2013 FSU team put foot to throat and killed their opponents quickly and humanely.

2014 FSU team plays around with its prey and gives it false hope and then cuts their heart out with a dull spoon.

This weekend reminds me that a ugly win is still a win, and its easier to swallow than a loss.

Top 4

1. FSU

2. Auburn

3. Baylor

4. Notre Dame or UCLA if they comeback and beat Utah.

The Mississippi teams may deserve to jump over some teams based on who they beat yesterday. In fact even as a Notre Dame fan I would say they deserve to.

My top 10 would be:

1-Florida State

2-Auburn

3-Mississippi

4-Mississippi State

5-Notre Dame

6-Baylor

7-Alabama

8-Oregon

9-Michigan State

10-Georgia

Honestly no idea who to place at 10.

What is up with Mississippi team's this year? Can anyone remember the last time these two teams have played this well? I can't. But I love it! I love seeing a team rise from mediocrity to greatness (which is usually following by falling back into mediocrity for a few years, and thus the cycle continues).

It was the correct call Choc! What football rule book are you reading?

You do not know the real facts of the "BS rape allegations" rather than what eSECpn keeps spewing and other media outlets as well its 100% a witch hunt and a great example of yellow journalism.

Making stupid and immature choices doesnt make you a rapist.

The problem is they never make that call in college football. Oregon does that 20 times a game. It's like an umpire in baseball who never calls a high strike all of a sudden calling strike 3 on a letter high fastball.

I'll tell ya it doesn't matter how many timers the Irish beat the Noles in a huge game, someone (voters, refs) are going to make sure the Noles come out on top.

It's a fine call if the officials call it consistently, which they flat out don't. We see stuff exactly like that go uncalled all the time, the vast majority of the time.

It's like I said earlier in baseball. The rulebook says a strike is up to the letters of the players jersey, but it's never, ever called a strike on a pitch as high as the letters. An ump can't never call a strike that high and then in thee bottom of the ninth ring the hitter up on a letter high fastball and then claim "well the rule says a letter high pitch is a strike".

That's what happened here, they never, ever make that call and then at the most important moment they decide all of a sudden to call it. It's crap.

Let's also not forget that an FSU player took his helmet off on the field of play following that play. Which is, Ofcourse, a personal foul and which the officiating crew admitted that they "missed it". So no matter what it should have at a minimum been offsetting penalties and another try from the 3 rather than the 18.

I read an interesting article today on this play.

The writer said it was "obviously the correct call" because the players were engaged while ball was in air. Fair enough. This would be an FSU fans take. However he also said that 1-the Irish ran an identical play earlier and it wasn't called and 2-defensive coordinators will tell you that officials rarely call offensive pass interference in that case. This is the Irish fans case.

Fact is no matter what your opinion of the call is, the controversy is due to inept officiating. If they made that call consistently the Irish wouldn't run the play because theyd know it would be called a penallty and there would be no issue here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.