College Football 2014 thread: Year one of the playoff

RelentlessMalice

There isn't much in the way of officiating you can blame. The FSU defense was suspect at best. They couldn't afford the turnovers if they couldn't force punts.

And saying everyone saw this coming is like saying everyone saw Ga Tech running through Miss St. I saw them putting points up on them, but I didn't see their d shutting State down.

Having one of our defensive players have their entire jersey ripped in half is holding or is it how shitty our new nike jerseys are?

The blantant holding on O Leary in the endzone?

But we hurt ourselves with the turnovers and when you do those types of errors you will lose.

My hats off to Oregon who came out and made some plays. Good job!

So what? When you havent lost a game in 725 days then you might just want to get off the field after getting your ass kicked.

But if you want to talk about class how about the Oregon players mocking the warchant by saying "no means no." alluding to the rape allegations in which Winston has been cleared not once but 3 times in front of the cameras.

Bad sportsmanship is what happened at the end of the BYU v Memphis game.

The only prick who noticed was Kirk Herpes who was bashing fsu all game long. The blow out was painful enough but listening to that ass clown during the whole game was cruel and unusual punishment.

1-Ofcourse you want to get off the field, but you don't.

2-So a bunch of Noles do something wrong but it's the fault of the person who noticed the wrongdoing?

3-Other teams doing unsportsmanlike things doesn't excuse FSU players doing unsportsmanlike things.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a huge rooting interest. Frankly I wanted Alabama to win the whole thing. Before it started tonight I had Oregon winning 38-31 or something similarly high scoring.

I really like the way Oregon plays. I like Mariota well enough.

I am somewhat sympathetic toward Ohio State because they're a Big Ten team. I like Urban Meyer a lot.

Just hoping for a good game, really.

See I think Oregon plays a real simple style, it seems very new and complicated but its really just an old option offense jazzed up. The main thing isn't even stopping Mariotta, its stopping the inside runs. That's where it all comes from. They run it down your throat, you commit an extra guy to stop it and you are screwed. Ohio State has the big guys to slow down them on the inside runs.

Alot of these new offenses are like that, the spread option is just that: the option. They just moved the tight ends into the slots.

You're missing the pace factor of it, and the aggressiveness inside the maroon zone. That's what I enjoy. If they played a "pro-style" offense I'd like it all the same.

They play the way the "the numbers" suggest you should. Lots and lots of +EV calls. Very little of the conventional "wisdom" that consistently leads to poor decision-making in the NFL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.