College Football 2014 thread: Year one of the playoff

RelentlessMalice

Listening to that Jeff Long guy is an exercise in patience. Listening to him talk out of both sides of his mouth is comical. And while I like Herbstreit, he really toes the company line trying to make sense of the committee's decisions.

Sucks to be TCU. They were essentially lied to. Tell them on Tuesday they are the 3rd best team then a few days later tell them they are 6th after a 52 point win.

Tell me one team that TCU played this year other than Oklahoma that has remotely the talent that FSU has on its roster?

Cant think of anyone? Neither can I.

FSU's conference is loaded with very mediocre competition. The only outstanding talent I've seen on FSU is Winston and that beast of a receiver. Yeah, they have a solid offensive and defensive line, a talented running back and a good corner, but they are nowhere near the level of what Alabama has.

Ohio State beat a Wisconsin team that plays in a conference that is much weaker than the Big 12. I don't even think Wisconsin would have the record they have, if they were playing in in TCU's conference.

Tell me one team that TCU played this year other than Oklahoma that has remotely the talent that FSU has on its roster?

FSU's conference is loaded with very mediocre competition. The only outstanding talent I've seen on FSU is Winston and that beast of a receiver. Yeah, they have a solid offensive and defensive line, a talented running back and a good corner, but they are nowhere near the level of what Alabama has.

Ohio State beat a Wisconsin team that plays in a conference that is much weaker than the Big 12. I don't even think Wisconsin would have the record they have, if they were playing in in TCU's conference.

So this is a Big 12 - ACC pissing contest now? I mean FSU is 1-0 against them this year. Must be a Dallas thing.

So this is a Big 12 - ACC pissing contest now? I mean FSU is 1-0 against them this year. Must be a Dallas thing.

No, everyone knows that the ACC is a pretty weak conference. I have no doubt that if you swapped TCU or Baylor with FSU, both of those teams would own the conference. I don't know if they're good enough to beat Bama, but they sure are good enough to go unscathed in the ACC.

Let's not forget that there are 4 good teams in the Big-12 this year. Kansas State's 3 losses came from Baylor, TCU and a really good Auburn team.

I think you're in for a rude awakening when Oregon runs up the score on the Seminoles.

I could say if X team played in Y conference they would smoke whoever, but it would just be talk. It's like the Kentucky and Vanderbilt fans who attribute their lack of success to playing in the SEC. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. But you sucked when LSU and Bama were average to no good 15-20 years ago.

Personally now that FSU is in the playoffs in rooting for them to lose. Can't have our rival win back to back championships.

Very disappointed Tevin Coleman wasn't a Heisman finalist. He was on a terrible team and I don't mean he should have won it, but he deserved an invite.

2,036 yards on 7.5YPC. 3rd fastest to ever reach 2,000 yards.

This was with a passing attack that averaged 5.42 yards per attempt over the course of the year... and a meager 3.8 yards per attempt over the final seven games. What he did was incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this lying "accuser" is now 0-3 against Winston. I double dog dare you to attempt a civil suit, that way Winston can counter sue for defamation. I think its time that you and your scussy lawyers including your aunt move on. When you change your story 7 plus times and attempt to extort 7 million you lose all credibility.

Anyway its almost time for the Noles to go Duck hunting

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.