Did Perry do the right thing?

Ms. Spam

First governor to be indicted in more than a century and it was my own Governor Rick Perry.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/5-things-to-know-about-case-against-Texas-Perry-5703469.php

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — In the week since he was indicted for abuse of power and public coercion, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and his supporters have insisted the charges against the Republican governor are politically motivated. Perry has pleaded not guilty, and he continues to visit early-primary states and talk with voters as he mulls a 2016 presidential run.

All so he could ouster a drunk driver from public office.

You've got to understand, an indictment is basically a rubber stamp that the prosecutor has to get. The only evidence that is presented is from the state. The defendant will not know that they are being indicted and are not in the court to testify or present a defense. EVERY SINGLE indictment that came a vote on my grand jury got passed. That tells you how one-sided it is. And the evidentiary standard is lower than "beyond a reasonable doubt," instead being "probable cause." Still, that also tells you that for an indictment to be issued, the state at least has SOME compelling evidence to suggest criminal action.

As to Perry, I think he's scum. But setting that fact aside, I'm not sure that he's done anything wrong here in his response. The whole "politically motivated" thing might be suspect, but I don't know enough about the situation to say. But of course he's going to plead not guilty and give some sort of statement of defense (even if it's just that the charges are baseless). He really has no other choice.

My hatred of Rick Perry is well known (I'll see your "blight upon humanity," Cerina, and raise you "the galaxy"), but it's not like he's the only one out there capable of politically motivated nonsense.

Is he scum? This has been proved time and again beyond any reasonable doubt.

Is he actually guilty of anything here? No idea, but my gut feeling is that not much will come of this after it cycles out of the news.

Guest El Chalupacabra

If a murderer who has killed and gotten away with it, and is finally convicted of a murder he is innocent of, isn't justice still served?

So, even if Rick Perry is innocent this time, I'm sure this is basically the universe finding a way to take out the garbage.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.