Amanda, is this you?

Pong Messiah

Too anti-man to be her. She's not that much of a feminist and I suspect that she wouldn't mind getting some dick now and again.

That's why I asked if it was a persona. I doubt the author is actually that anti-man in real life (or even anti-man at all); hours laughing at the outraged comments taking her seriously probably puts her in too good a mood to hate anybody.

Too anti-man to be her. She's not that much of a feminist and I suspect that she wouldn't mind getting some dick now and again.

Eh.. I don't think this person is anti-man. It's pretty obvious what she's doing after just a quick skim through the articles and her twitter. In fact, it's so obvious, that I consider this amateurish at best. Quality trolling is a lot more subtle. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't written by a woman at all, but someone like Kurgan.

But hey- thanks for um.. thinking of me pong. Question- where do you find this stuff?

You're right, the best trolling is when the viewer can't tell if they're being trolled or not.

Then what do you make of the comments on these articles? Content seems like obvious satire to me, but the majority of the comments seem genuinely outraged. Unless the commenters are trolling me!

In Soviet Thought Catalog, comment section trolls YOU!

:eek:

I did nothing more than scroll through the article titles and didn't bother to read anything more than that. Based on that it seemed like satire. But then, to give you another cool example, check out "Fappy the Anti-Masturbation Dolphin & The Monsanto Company" on Facebook. Anyone with any critical thinking skills can quickly determine that it's a joke site. But of course it (and the corresponding websites) will attract the occasional naive person who isn't in on the joke. But a lot of fans, such as myself, play along with the satire by pretending it's all real. I suspect that is some of what you might be witnessing. People that are "in on" the satire but inflate it even further by playing along.

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't written by a woman at all, but someone like Kurgan.

Carrie, please. The last time I saw a troll THIS obvious was when the gates of Minas Tirith were smashed in. If it were me, I'd push the line just enough to make you wonder if I were serious or not. Like I have time for that.

This page is either an MRA (men's rights activist - speaking of the denezins of Mordor) trying to troll feminists or a chick trolling MRAs. The funniest thing you'll find there are commenters clueless enough to take it seriously. Most feminists AND MRAs would probobly qualify.

Most feminists AND MRAs would probobly qualify.

Yep. I actually had difficulty convincing somebody -- not a MRA person, but a humanist who hates feminists -- that this was satire. And some of the author's articles are specifically tagged satire/humor, too!

I'm still convinced it is one of Amanda's personas, though.

MRAs are the only group more annoying than SJWs!

You're not kidding.

It's kind of like a group of guys got together and decided that the best way to fight feminism is to somehow manage to be MORE OBNOXIOUS in every manner that makes the gender studies set so asinine in the first place: playing the victim, exploiting legitimate grievances to bolster their own sense of self righteousness and entitlement, using romantic and sexual rejection as weapons in their stupid little charades, pseudo intellectual posturing, herd mentality and so on.

It is virtually impossible for any kind of "woman's issue" to come up online without attracting the MRAs in droves, making all the progressives crazy. MRAs are good in that sense. Feminism has been mainly about sexual hang-ups, mommy/daddy issues and an almost Victorian idealization of women passsing itself off as a gender based civil rights movement for far, FAR too long now. They DESERVE the MRAs.

It's everybody else who doesn't deserve them. Especially males like myself who think that the REAL "male privilege" has been merciful exemption from the mollycoddling influence of political correctness.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.