Leatherface: New Prequel of Texas Chainsaw Massacre

D-Ray Kenobi

WTF, Robin.

WHY ARE YOU SO COMPLICATED

HE'S DEAF, HE'S EASY TO HIDE FROM.

Ever seen Lou Ferrigno at a convention? The way other fans tell it, if you take his photo without giving him money, he will find you.

I've worked a booth not far from his at SDCC. Yes, he's usually like that. But he's friends with my booth's owner and might drop by for a few quick promo pics.

Guest El Chalupacabra

So how mandatory is it for one to have to see the original and the 2013 films, before seeing this one?

I saw the original a few presidents ago, and haven't see the 2013 film.

Only the original is mandatory, but it's a prequel so even it's not technically needed to see...but you should cause it is a classic. There will be continuity ties to the 2013 film, but again, mine comes first so you can watch it after if you want.

• 2 years later...

Digging the new interview:

http://ihorror.com/leatherface-seth-sherwood/

...though one part bugged me:

I was just starting to think that maybe it wasn’t going to happen. And in a strange way, (probably to comfort myself) I started to romanticize the idea it became some legendary lost film. If it never came out, no one would actively hate it. It would be coveted – something spoken about, something people would try to contrive some way of seeing, something that would show up on a tired unused media at a convention in 50 years.

FWIW I think we can all agree your first real feature film deserves to be more than America's next Star Wars Holiday Special.

By the way, I hate, hate, hate horror films. I don't watch them. The last horror movie I watched was paranormal activity.

That said, if this comes to theatres, I will buy a ticket and watch it. For you, Seth. If it comes straight to DVD, I'll buy it digitally and watch it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.