Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doctor Strange

135 replies to this topic

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I think Joe Manganiello would own The Punisher role. I also think it'd work awesome as one of the Marvel/Netflix series.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

Now I'm seeing ewan mcgreggor. So basically yeah, everyone.

The hidden downside being that that means not only being teased with names like Ewan, but scared sh*tless with names like Matthew F*cking McConaughey!!!

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,265 posts
We should start a rumor that they're going animated and Scrooge McDuck will be Doctor Strange.

Duke

Duke

Lord of the Binge

• Members
  • 4,611 posts

Chris Evans was hardly an unknown...

Gerard Butler would be a great Punisher.

Well he was to me except for starring in that horrible, horrible F4 movie. And HELL YEAH on Butler!

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I think part of his problem with F4 was the character is inherently unlikable and a lot of people can't separate character and actor

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

I discovered him in Not Another Teen Movie-- in which he was hilarious. But mostly I recalled him from Sunshine.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,547 posts
Definitely Sunshine.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,758 posts

His Torch was one of the few accurate characters in those movies.

But yeah, Sunshine was wild.

Edited by NumberSix, 21 October 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Duke

Duke

Lord of the Binge

• Members
  • 4,611 posts

I think part of his problem with F4 was the character is inherently unlikable and a lot of people can't separate character and actor

Oh I don´t have a problem with him in the movie. I just have a huge problem with just about everything in the movie itself. From the slow as glue pacing to the super-powered Dr Doom. Would have been better if the writers actually read at least one issue of the comic instead of just looking at the cover and making up stuff.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,715 posts

It's Benedict Cumberbatch.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,889 posts

DAMMIT!! This is just going to delay Sherlock for another couple of years isn't it??

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,830 posts

I was hoping this would be a joke so that I could yell CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

• Cerina and Driver +1 this

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,265 posts

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Benedict is not confirmed yet.  Deadline is the original source and they're only saying that he's about to enter negotiations.  Phoenix was deep into negotiations before it fell through, so nothing is at all in any way set in stone.

That said, I do think he'd be good for the role.  I think Viggo Mortensen would have been best, but this is still a solid casting choice.

• NumberSix +1 this

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,686 posts
You might say this is a.........Strange choice.

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,686 posts

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Benedict is not confirmed yet.  Deadline is the original source and they're only saying that he's about to enter negotiations.

Well I don't know nuthin', but the article I read said he's about to enter final negotiations. And considering the clock is ticking, I don't think they're going to mess around, especially after the Phoenix thing.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,830 posts

If it weren't for all of the rights issues, it would have been great to see Famke Janssen as Phoenix playing Stephen Strange.

• Driver +1 this

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,758 posts

--> "Joaquin Phoenix In Final Negotiations To Play ‘Doctor Strange’"

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,686 posts
I've been Sixed!
  • NumberSix +1 this

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,686 posts
Okay, but seriously. I would think being in final negotiations is usually pretty meaningful. The thing to take away from that isn't "final negotiations don't mean nuthin'", it's "Joakin is a bit of a flake these days".
Don't you think?

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,758 posts

Until and unless Hollywood Reporter, Variety, or Entertainment Weekly specifically state, "Actor X has officially signed on for Role Y" or equally definitive terms, I don't give a flying fig what any other news/rumor site alleges. Period.

And any Hollywood state of being between "signed an ironclad contract" and "walked away" is 100% transitory and subject to change without notice. Phrases like "in talks" and "negotiations" and "circling" guarantee nothing.

But, y'know, that's just me.

• Ryn +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,265 posts
Scrooge McDuck is in final negotiations to star in Doctor Strange.
  • The Human Torch +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,715 posts

Yeah no it's officially official. A long with a whole bunch of other news.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,265 posts
Really? I haven't seen any real announcements. But we just got Internet hooked up and I'm busy with offline stuff like work and moving and picking my nose.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,715 posts
I guess not. I thought I saw it in with all the other news, but it does seem like it's pretty locked in.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

It was announced at Marvel's press event today.

Reply to this topic