Doctor Strange

The Human Torch

I think part of his problem with F4 was the character is inherently unlikable and a lot of people can't separate character and actor

Oh I don´t have a problem with him in the movie. I just have a huge problem with just about everything in the movie itself. From the slow as glue pacing to the super-powered Dr Doom. Would have been better if the writers actually read at least one issue of the comic instead of just looking at the cover and making up stuff.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Benedict is not confirmed yet. Deadline is the original source and they're only saying that he's about to enter negotiations. Phoenix was deep into negotiations before it fell through, so nothing is at all in any way set in stone.

That said, I do think he'd be good for the role. I think Viggo Mortensen would have been best, but this is still a solid casting choice.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Benedict is not confirmed yet. Deadline is the original source and they're only saying that he's about to enter negotiations.

Well I don't know nuthin', but the article I read said he's about to enter final negotiations. And considering the clock is ticking, I don't think they're going to mess around, especially after the Phoenix thing.

Until and unless Hollywood Reporter, Variety, or Entertainment Weekly specifically state, "Actor X has officially signed on for Role Y" or equally definitive terms, I don't give a flying fig what any other news/rumor site alleges. Period.

And any Hollywood state of being between "signed an ironclad contract" and "walked away" is 100% transitory and subject to change without notice. Phrases like "in talks" and "negotiations" and "circling" guarantee nothing.

But, y'know, that's just me.

Really? I haven't seen any real announcements. But we just got Internet hooked up and I'm busy with offline stuff like work and moving and picking my nose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.