Could this be a stormtrooper for EP VII

RelentlessMalice

I like it. Not only does it evoke Ralph McQuarrie, but to me it looks like a Stormtrooper for the iPod generation. Sleek white plastic, simple, minimalistic. I'm curious to see if JJ will bring the OT aesthetic into the present in ways like that.

A less detailed/involved design also makes me wonder if the Empire (or Imperial Remnant or whatever) has less resources and money to spend on armor these days.

I know it's EU, but indulge me for just a moment: in the comic series Legacy, which takes place 130 years after the films, the stormtooper helmet has evolved a wee little bit (smaller eyes is the only thing I've noticed). But the best thing is, the Remnant has become more inclusive and has developed stormtrooper armor and helmets to accommodate a number of different species. While the aesthetic and general feel is still the same, the shape is slightly (or sometimes drastically) different in order to accommodate the different shapes of aliens' heads.

This idea is something I wouldn't mind seeing in the new movies.

Guest El Chalupacabra

http://www.theforce.net/2014/Tom_Hodges_Episode_VII_Stormtrooper_Sketch-tn.jpg

Posted from theforce.net

Is it just me or does it look like a duck? Donald Duck anyone? Howard the Duck?

reminds me of the McQuarrie Stormtrooper sketches.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7ifnqPNNhAkVHClNNjsh2HsSsw0_FIpe4qUvVUuOxFgDdvSA2

Ye-ahhhh now were talking. Particularly like that second one you posted, Driver. Kinda looks mideaval in a way but sci-fi. Not sure I'm sold on the regular storm trooper helmet though. Kind of a case of don't fix what isn't broke.

For all that the Prequels did, the fact that there are still Stormtroopers 30 years after Endor is an even bigger dump on the legacy of the OT. It doesn't even fit with the new ending of Jedi, with the various planets celebrating the fall of the Emperor. Five years, even a decade, sure, but 30 years? For the armor to have evolved to this extent means either the Rebellion was a complete failure and we're back to square one, or instead of the Empire falling, the galaxy split, with the Empire and the New Republic coexisting, kinda like I see the USA doing by 2200 or so.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.