Pics from Ireland Shoot *spoiler*

Doze

Yeah, probably from about 400 years pre-schism.

I'm impressed that you know enough about Christian history to even know the schism.

Haha! Well, I am a former seminarian after all. ;)

I'm on the Eastern Orthodox side of the fence. We and the Catholics would both lay claim to this monastery.

That's awesome. I was very briefly a Catholic seminarian. I don't know much about the Eastern Orthodox Church beyond a little history and few of the things that separate us (papal primacy, filioque) but what little I do know I respect quite a bit. I wish the Latin Church from 1960-2000 wasn't so afraid of Tradition.

On topic and not joking, I wonder if we'll have Ridley going to get Luke from his hermitage.

What if Luke considers Jedi Knights to be dumb? His teachers were Hermit Obi-Wan and Recluse Yoda. Maybe Luke thinks that Jedi should live in harmony with the Force and do everything possible to do only It's Will. In doing so he lives a mostly solitary and quiet life; when prodded by notions from the Force he'll teach, travel, act but otherwise he sits with a quiet mind and listens.

Doesn't sound so stupid.

You know what does? Running around every month having adventures, hmph, Jedi crave not those things.

What if Luke considers Jedi Knights to be dumb? His teachers were Hermit Obi-Wan and Recluse Yoda. Maybe Luke thinks that Jedi should live in harmony with the Force and do everything possible to do only It's Will. In doing so he lives a mostly solitary and quiet life; when prodded by notions from the Force he'll teach, travel, act but otherwise he sits with a quiet mind and listens.

Doesn't sound so stupid.

Yes, that does. That's not Luke. Luke wasn't raised as a Jedi. He started his training when he was much older. There is no reason for him to take on the no-attachment rules of the old Jedi Order. Although he was trained by Obi-Wan and Yoda, and respects them greatly, he knows they were wrong. They were wrong about Vader, they were wrong about Anakin. They were wrong about the Jedi Order as a whole.

Luke isn't going to make the same mistakes. He has no reason to live a solitary life because his mentors did; it's completely out of character. He's an outgoing person, and family/friends are extremely important to him. Being a Jedi, and righting the wrongs of his father, are also extremely important. The idea that he wouldn't accept Yoda's mandate to pass on what he has learned is just unfathomable to me. If he'd left the Death Star and gone off by himself into the galaxy, that would be one thing. But he doesn't do that. He returns to Endor, burns Vader's armor, and goes to meet his sister and friends. Those are not the actions of a hermit-to-be.

If Luke is off investigating something and has been out of touch for a few years, that's one thing. But to have been a hermit since the Battle of Endor? Nope. Nope nope nope.

Nope.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.