what is the real solution to Israel, the Palestine state, and that stupid strip of land?

Ms. Spam

The whole problem to me stems from the original two state deal not happening after the creation of Israel.

The U.N. needs to step in a go through with creating a Palestinian state.

However we all know that the root of the problem is that the radicals on the Jewish and Palestinian sides that will never allow peace to happen.

So what is the best solution? Toss up to me. You have Hamas who is nothing more than a friendly neighborhood terrorist group who help the people in Gaza and at the same time cause innocent people there harm by using human shields, storing weapons in schools knowing full well the Israeli military will not play games to defend itself. Hamas reminds me of an organized crime faction like the mob that provide protection but at a cost.

What about recognizing Hamas as a real government? Is it too late now?

Why is Israel so stupid about this. Personally this is the one thing I think the Obama Administration almost gets right. If only because it slightly inflames the GOP far righters.

Well of course they won. They have all the weapons,money,intimidation tactics,payoffs and was the only group with strength.

If I was stuck in that shit hole I would pick them too. They give the people the ability to stick it to Israel.

Like I said earliet the radicals on both sides will keep this conflict going long after we are dead.

More than just cutting aid to either side. Launch an embargo. Forbid any company from doing business with either side. Freeze any assets Israeli citizens or Palestinians have outside of Israel. Cut both sides off from the world outside as much as possible. That is the only way to hope to achieve peace. Only when neither side has allies they can run and hide behind will they both be forced to achieve a peaceful solution. Until then, the extremists that control both peoples will continue to do everything possible to prevent peace.

There isn't a clean solution. I think the clean(ish) solution was missed out when Alexander the Great died before realizing his dream of uniting the East and West. Too much has happened in the 2000+ years since. Back then, it was just the one (big) offense....Greeks and Persians. Now, there are more than I could name. Greeks vs. Turks. Muslims vs. Jews/Christians. Sunnis vs. Shiites. Secularism vs. fundamentalism.

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I side with Pong. The victors might be a little sore at us, but I guess money talks and the rest walks.

It seems that the current strategy is to loosely shake hands with Israel and keep an eye on the rest of the Middle East while hoping everything calms down after a while. It worked with the Cold War, so it's not the worst strategy I suppose.

I'm not particular to either side to be honest, I just picked Gaza because it's smaller, thus less environmental impact. I suppose we should conduct a resource assessment first and nuke whichever zone will provide less economic advantage over the long term.

Guest El Chalupacabra

More than just cutting aid to either side. Launch an embargo. Forbid any company from doing business with either side. Freeze any assets Israeli citizens or Palestinians have outside of Israel. Cut both sides off from the world outside as much as possible. That is the only way to hope to achieve peace. Only when neither side has allies they can run and hide behind will they both be forced to achieve a peaceful solution. Until then, the extremists that control both peoples will continue to do everything possible to prevent peace.

That may be all well and good to wash the US's hands of it, but both sides will find other countries more than willing to do business with them. After all, the US didn't have much to do with the 1948 Palestine war, and the Israelis won that one. The Russians, Chinese, and probably most of Europe would help the highest bidder, while most of the Middle East, especially Iran, would help anyone dedicated to the destruction of Israel. So not much would change, in my view, other than the anti-Israel elements in the US would feel happy about sticking it to Israel. The killing would go on.

The real answer is there is no answer, and whatever action the US takes is a losing action, in my view. These people have been fighting for a couple thousand years on and off, now. They've fought so long, I think they don't even know why they hate each other anymore. It's just engrained in their DNA at this point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.