Kid stories (and photos and videos)

I had made a promise to myself if I managed to get knocked up thrice before my 25th that would be the end and it was. Lo was born a few months before said milestone and I got the tubes snipped and tied. The recovery was only slightly worse than a normal postpartum situation but I had a laproscopy previously so I knew what I was in for. I suppose I could have insisted Link did the deed but I was already admitted and figured might as well make it a sure thing. In other news Logan turned five last week.

How does this work? Do you still get periods? I'll pretty much do anything in the world to stop my periods!!

My son's first daycare was just awful, he got sick all the time. Being 30, my immune system is past its prime and I get sick every time my kid does. If he gets the sniffles, I get a fever. If he gets a fever, I'm yakking and in bed. My wife kind of hates that lol. A lot better with the new daycare, I do not miss those illnesses at all, I wish your young'un a speedy recovery.

He'll be ok. Antibiotics to the rescue! I know they're over-prescribed but it's his first ear infection, and he was in a lot of pain. The daycare isn't too bad, actually. They are really good about hand washing and trying to clean up toys. That said, neither kid got sick while I was on maternity leave. Quinn just got the barfs after drinking out of a puddle. Ffs.

Hunter was super sick for the longest time after I put them in daycare, he never got better and I had to quit my job for a while. It felt like he was on a lot of drugs for a while there and it's not like he wasn't immunized. Other kids are gross man, even if the daycare has great hygiene practices.

I had made a promise to myself if I managed to get knocked up thrice before my 25th that would be the end and it was. Lo was born a few months before said milestone and I got the tubes snipped and tied. The recovery was only slightly worse than a normal postpartum situation but I had a laproscopy previously so I knew what I was in for. I suppose I could have insisted Link did the deed but I was already admitted and figured might as well make it a sure thing. In other news Logan turned five last week.

How does this work? Do you still get periods? I'll pretty much do anything in the world to stop my periods!!

Oh sadly no, I still have cycles >.<. I was told they'd be possibly more uncomfortable but they've actually been better and more consistent.

Noah pretty much will only watch educational TV shows. He'll watch anything where people are fighting or getting shot in a movie, but his TV show viewings are much more restricted. He's been on this kick lately identifying what's real and what's not. As far as his TV shows go the answers are pretty much "No, the kids and Ms. Frizzle are not real. Neither is the Magic School Bus, but yes molecules are real." or "Well, Chris and Marvin Kratt are real people who made this show and the Sonora Desert is real, but the other characters aren't real. They're just for the cartoon parts. Neither are the Tortuga or creature power suits." or "Yes. Everything on Nova is real."

So I think he's gotten the idea that while the characters and settings on his shows might not be real, the information usually is. And I think from this he's inferred that commercials must therefore be real as well (the products are in the stores after all), and all the information contained within must be true. So now he's very adamant that Clorox bleach is the only brand we should buy (this was almost a meltdown worthy argument in Target the other day.) And also, that Geico is clearly the best insurance company since they save you 15% (percentage is a concept he's figured out pretty much on his own).

I love that stage. Clear intelligence and analytical skills on display but thru the veil of childhood innocence. It makes for adorable, if at times due to persistence also annoying, debates while grocery shopping.

My kids absorb a lot of media, but I do my best to stagger it and temper it with other activities. This balancing act is probably the toughest thing to manage and I've found no matter how well I think I'm doing I'll always bump into a parent like Rick Moranis in Parenthood who makes me feel like Steve Martin. lol

My neighbors had a baby nearly a year ago. At least I'm hoping they did. There is a lot of banshee like wailing at their place now. I saw a carseat once but no actual baby. Do you think they're using it as a cover for the ghost that haunts their family? I would ask them, but they don't speak English.

he's a great kid and ridiculously handsome. thanks guys. it's kind of nice, i can step back, watch him grow, admire (usually) how he acts and behaves, cherish that caring heart of his and i can already see what kind of person he's going to grow in to be (potentially anyways). makes everything worth it. no matter how big of an eff up i've been in my 31 years on this earth, i can look at this kid and pat myself on the back and at least be proud that i've got this parenting thing down. if it's just one thing, i've got this. and the ex-wife, too. i'm really proud and happy with the way we've handled our situation and how we've raised keilan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.