Kid stories (and photos and videos)

Because I really don't care at all about what your dog does, and you don't care about what my kid does.

I took this video last night as we were playing outside. It's amazing that this time last year he couldn't even sit up.

D-Ray in Alaska that pile of money would be bigger for the family with kids... PFDs, baby. However that's about the only upside which is why they "pay us" to stay here. Well sure I mean kids are great and the meaning of my life, totally.

Fozzie, I love when they happily babble like that. Makes it fun to chat with them. When company was over I loved doing translations for mine when they were little. It was like Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live!

We have friends who had a baby around the same time and named him Edmund. For a long time I kept wanting to call him Ethan because of your baby.

• 2 weeks later...

The new thing is that he's starting to notice that there's stuff on his clothes. He's very impressed that his most recent pajamas have a ball on them.

There are so many times that I have to keep from laughing at stuff like that.

Louis has this elephant game that shoots balls out of it's trunk, and he likes to hide them, so I often find myself saying "Louis, where are your balls?"

So. My son tried to pull a Robin Williams last night. (Too soon?) He thought it would be a good idea to tie a rope around his neck and jump off his loft bed's ladder and "swing". Now he has a seriously nasty rope burn on his neck, and I'm afraid to take him into public lest someone call the cops on me and I spend all night trying to explain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Cereese/A7DEAA45-BA74-4057-AE82-27184B8395CC_zpssgpy6mzq.jpg

An unscientific observation of mine is that the smart kids always pop out some ridiculously moronic stunt. ("Okay, explain to me again how you got the idea to jump off a tree limb higher than our roof?") Maybe it's from some mental outburst that percolates in the back of the psyche or something until it finally boils over.

I have a friend who I personally think is kind of an idiot even though she thinks she knows everything and SCIENCE even though she's probably never taken a college level science course and she believes a lot of pseudo science. She just suggested I take Quinn off of gluten and dairy so she won't be so hyperactive. It's a good thing this was via text so that I didn't have to punch her.

I have a friend who I personally think is kind of an idiot even though she thinks she knows everything and SCIENCE even though she's probably never taken a college level science course and she believes a lot of pseudo science. She just suggested I take Quinn off of gluten and dairy so she won't be so hyperactive. It's a good thing this was via text so that I didn't have to punch her.

that. right there. i cannot stand these new age hippie parents. i loathe them. with a passion. hate me for it, i don't care. nothing irks me more than when a parent randomly has to plug their gluten free diet that their child is on and how everything is organic and not processed. ****ing good for you. it's funny, at least where i live, the parents that have their kids on gluten free, organic, non-processed diets, with their 15 food groups and have their babies and toddlers in cloth diapers are stay at home mom's. which is fine. great. it's easy to make the time for that after your hot yoga class. ***holes.

sorry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.