The Beer thread

Guest xhado123

Guest xhado123

And I think the "light beer" tag for Guinness is about it's low Alcohol % content. It's 4.3% (I think) might even be less. 3.6% comes to mind but I can't e certain. One or the other. Whereas a Stella or something is a 5% wife-beater.

Yeah, it's the alcohol content, mouthfeel, and flavour profile. All ale up to that point was what our lager-ridden society would consider 'Heavy', 'dark', etc.

It's all relative, of course. Something will come that makes IPAs look inhumanely bitter... etcetera.

Guinness is surprisingly low calorie.

I have had beers with all of the ingredients you listed, xhado, except licorice. My new goal in life is to never try a licorice beer.

I bet I would love the tangerine cream. And a local microbrewery in Lancaster, PA makes a chocolate mint stout that is to die for. My guess is that it would be good in a porter too.

I can't tell you yet how it was. Gr.

• 1 month later...

My 10 favorite that I've actually been to.

1-Bells, Kalamazoo, Michigan

2-Dogfish Head, Milton, Delaware

3-Founders, Grand Rapids, Michigan

4-Ommegang, Cooperstown, NY

5-Yards, Philadelphia, Pa

6-Victory, Downingtown, Pa

7-Brooklyn, Williamsburgh, NY

8-Southern Tier, Lakewood, NY

9-Harpoon, Windsor, VT

10-Great Lakes, Cleveland, OH

Have you been to either 3 Floyds or Sun King in Indiana?

Sun King just released a "King's Reserve" called Whip Fight which is described as a "bourbon barrel aged Wee Heavy in which rich toffee flavor takes a Burt Lancaster-sized twist with the addition of pecan and semi-sweet chocolate."

It's amazing and tastes exactly how it's described. Incredible.

Guest xhado123

There are about ten breweries in an hour's drive from where I live. All pretty good beer, and makes judging a bit harder, as many of those brewers are also entering their homebrews in our competitions...

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.