Drinking as a hobby

My favorite mass marketed beers are either Guinness or some of the seasonal brews that Sam Adams make. While it isn't exactly "mass marketed," all of the Samuel Smith stuff is also amazing. It's far more widespread in the UK, but it's nice to find them every now and then here in the states. They make absolutely the best cider, which I've always really loved.

My favorite bar / mixed drink is always an Old Fashioned. Very few places seem to make them right though.

As far as everything else, this type of thing is so hyperlocal now. My favorite brews are exclusive to North Alabama because no one here with any degree of hipness to them will ever let themselves be seen without anything that isn't a local craft / microbrew. The best local brewery in our neck of the woods is Straight To Ale, pretty much any of their stuff is awesome

I thought PBR was the hipster beer in hipster beer town.

Not for a couple of years now. It's appeal kind of faded shortly after they crested when Conan O'Brien was more or less their unofficial spokesman. Now beers are just as hipster as indie music, the more obscure and unknown your craft beer, the better.

• 1 month later...

I am having so many pretentious craft beers this weekend. We rented a limo to drive us to bars on Saturday night, so we'll be traveling to the ones with the best selection without worrying about designated drivers. And there will be limo beer as well, but we're just doing Yuengling for that. I am so excited!

It sounds to me like the kind of party where you don't want evidence.

I think my 30th birthday celebration may have involved falling asleep on the couch while watching House. You're way more exciting than me!

And on topic, Jameson Black Reserve is delicious.

I am glad you have noticed that I am the best! And I'm modest too!

Most of my birthdays are pretty low key, but we decided to go big for 30. I'm already brainstorming for my husband's upcoming 30th. I kind of want to do a massive laser tag party, but we'll see if something else enters the running before then. Either way, there will be beer!

Guest El Chalupacabra

Isn't interesting that the people you THINK are the closest to you and will never BETRAY you, end up just stabbing you in the back in the end? Yeah, the only people you can remotely count on to have your back, are your family, and even then, it's dubious.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.