Game of Thrones Season 5

Ryn

I don't see how Robb's story was a waste of time. I mean it's a pretty complete arc. He made an agreement to marry one of the Frey girls. He then selfishly and without a thought given to the thousands of men under his command whose life depended on him broke that agreement. He then paid the price for his incredibly selfish act. Better him than his whole army who would have been slaughtered in the field without the help of the Frey's.

My point is thus: do you feel like the precedent has been set by people like Cat that Jon Snow can stay dead? Book readers are saying too much has been invested in him for that to happen.

It's not that so much book time has invested, it's really the content that's left unresolved. There's too much mystery and story surrounding Jon that hasn't been resolved yet. There was no mystery surrounding Cat or Rob, and their deaths propelled the story forward considerably.

Characters like Jon and Dany though, their stories aren't connected enough with everyone else's to justify having them around from the beginning if they were to just die unceremoniously.

And I don't think Cat's coming back to the show. All her after-death scenes have been completely moot.

Since this is the TV thread, I still think we should provide a heads up if you're covering something that hasn't happened yet in the show - or relying heavily on book-only evidence.

That's what I do anyway.

Unless we're talking about Cat coming back, in which case yeah, that book is old enough to drive at this point (plus it's not likely that's going to be in the show).

Only sort of. There's a lot of unexplored book material left. A lot of which can be used to speculate about the direction of the show, which some people may or may not want to hear since the evidence I would use for whatever that speculation is they don't have access to through only the show.

Well it is Cerina. The show doesn't necessarily follow the same order as the books and things happen at different times. Prime example was the Red Wedding. That happened a lot earlier in the books.

There's nothing stopping the series using any of the material they've missed out. Balon Greyjoy isn't even dead yet ffs. But they will probably have to cross that bridge.

Similarly I'm hoping Lady Stoneheart will have some say in Walder Frey getting his come-uppance.

So please respect peoples wishes and leave book spoilers out. There's a new book coming out soon and I don't want to hear anything.

There's nothing stopping you making a new thread to discuss spoiler stuff as long as it's marked up correctly.

Well it is Cerina. The show doesn't necessarily follow the same order as the books and things happen at different times. Prime example was the Red Wedding. That happened a lot earlier in the books.

There's nothing stopping the series using any of the material they've missed out. Balon Greyjoy isn't even dead yet ffs. But they will probably have to cross that bridge.

Similarly I'm hoping Lady Stoneheart will have some say in Walder Frey getting his come-uppance.

So please respect peoples wishes and leave book spoilers out. There's a new book coming out soon and I don't want to hear anything.

There's nothing stopping you making a new thread to discuss spoiler stuff as long as it's marked up correctly.

Did you just lecture about book spoilers while giving away book spoilers?

When the new book comes out, that'll be different. But currently, all books have been out and available for at least 4 years. Some of them that we're pulling "spoilers" from have been out for 15 years or more.

At this point in the show story, all major plot points have been aired. The rest is details that may or may not impact the story's ending. That's why it's speculation.

Think of it like discussing one of the dozens or so comic book movies coming out. Tons of speculation because the source material has been around a long time, but that doesn't mean anybody knows exactly what's going to happen in the movies. (Unless we're talking about the newest Spider-man in which I think we can all agree we know exactly what's going to happen, but I'm not going to start considering "when Peter gets bitten by the spider" a spoiler.)

Most of the people in this thread have read the books or aren't complaining. If you want to start a "spoiler free season 6 speculation" thread. Go right ahead. But, frankly, I don't see the big deal unless a LOT more people start posting here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.