Game of Thrones Season 5

Ryn

Yeah, I agree that Balish wouldn't honestly offer a gap in his intel. I'm sure he knows exactly what Ramsay is and just wanted some face-time to gauge his character.

Roose, though, I think is Balish's biggest obstacle. That Roose betrayed the North was a big risk that payed off. And he said as much that his hold on the North is still precarious.

I just remembered Martin saying the show was going to kill someone who's not dead in the books. Goddamnit. I guess this is it, then?

Doesn't he die at the end of book 5? During the attack at the pyramid? I remember very little about the later books except for his couple of chapters randomly popping up.

I could be wrong though! I really need to re-read from Book 4 onwards.

I'm not opening those spoiler tags, but I hope they say what I want them to say. I refuse to let him go quietly into this good night.

Otherwise, I'm super excited for what these Stark (and Snow) kids are doing. I'm worried for Sansa, though. The North might remember, but Ramsay and his bitch girlfriend be crazy.

I think jealousy for sure. Ramsay definitely preferred her to the other girlfriend he had at the same time, so even if he doesn't like her anymore, she'll resent not being his preferred choice anymore.

One thing I forgot to note: weren't the Unsullied supposed to be this amazing, unstoppable fighting force? Why are they suddenly so easy to kill?

Yeah you do!

One thing I forgot to note: weren't the Unsullied supposed to be this amazing, unstoppable fighting force? Why are they suddenly so easy to kill?

So, I agreed at first. But I guess I get what happened

The Unsullied are definitely not meant to be patrolling the streets like a police force trying to suppress an insurgency. In the open field, when they can use their shields and spears against their foes, they are nearly unbeatable. Think like the ancient Greek hoplites. When they can line up with their back to city walls and have their flanks protected by cavalry or whatever, they can't be breached. But disorganized in the streets (and vastly outnumbered) the Sons of the Harpy took away their advantages.

I get that they're trained to fight in a phalanx. I guess I'm just surprised that some of them went down so quickly after the initial surprise of the attack. If they've been training since childhood, I'd expect them to be able to do more than walk in a line. Surely there was a lesson in there for what to do if the phalanx was broken. :shrug:

The two day for night scenes looked like shit. I'm surprised at that given the budget of this show. Of course, there's nothing you can do about the sun's shadows, all the darkening the frame in the world doesn't take that out. You'd need a 300 foot screen to keep it out of the frame.

Are we 100% that Barristan is dead? His last attacker was cut down before he could do the neck slit so maybe there's a tiny ray of hope?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.