Fourteen-year old ordered raped by authorities

monkeygirl

RM, my post has nothing to do with you having an upopular opinion. I like unpopular opinions. I've written probably some of the most unpopular opinions on this board over the years, such as advocating parental licenses, restricting the right to vote and the fat tax.

My problem isn't even with your points generally. In fact, I've argued against multiculturalism in certain threads, for example this one, where I talk about how Islamic Civilization is barbaric.

So let me tell you what my problem is, then. It's that your posts are ignorant. For example, you keep saying that the "local authorities" are ordering this, when in fact, if you had actually read the f-cking article, you would know it wasn't the local authorities. It was not the government or any state official. Rather, it was just some old dude in the village. MG has the same problem it appears.. I don't know how many times Tank has to point this out.

That's just one example, but other parts of your posts reflect that you just don't think very critically and present your points in a very amateurish, unintelligent manner that reveals that you really have no clue what's going on. Like when you go on your little mini-rant about honor killings and dowrys and what not.. it's like, what in the f-ck are you talking about? Are you just stringing along a bunch of random sh-t you heard on TV? Do you have any idea if honor killings even happen in India? Or to what degree? Or where? I'll give you a hint, they have been known to happen in some areas like Punjab. Do you know where Punjab even is? Do you know where this story occurred? (West Bengal). Do you know where West Bengal is? Do you know if honor killings are even part of the culture of West Bengal? (hint: no).

Or take some of your other comments like- it's scary the country has nukes? WTF? Since when do some elders in a remote village that probably has like 50 people and no running water, control the arsenal of India? India is a country of over a billion people. And you think it's odd for me to call you stupid when you fly off about a country of over a billion people that you literally have no idea about? Do you even know what the capital of India is? It's largest city? Who the president is? Well then, what makes you think you are qualified to comment on its nuclear arsenal?

I don't have a problem with the idea that Western Civilization is superior. As I've shown, I've argued the same things. What I do have a problem with, is you presenting the argument in such an unintelligent manner, like I would expect from a 6th grader's social studies essay. It's like comparing Theodore Dalrymple and Glenn Beck. They may both be conservative, but one is a intelligent, educated physician that writes thoughtful and well-argued books and the other is a batsh-t crazy TV personality. Which one do you think you are on this board?

But be that as it may, I got a good laugh out of RM's characteristically nauseating posts- I have to say, I am beginning to think RM is simply performance art, maybe by Pong (is this you Pong!?), and if so, good sir, I tip my hat to you for a job well done.

Sometimes it's like you know the tiny third heart that beats, splashing nearly inaudible, deep within the blackened folds, drowning helpless beneath the bilious pools of my second damaged heart.

:blush:

Also, no hurting RM's feeling. Don't make me turn the car around!

Carrie sense when do I need to validate or write a detailed essay for you not to pass judgement on who you think I am?

The point I was making is that countries like India which has a major problem they still need to fix when it comes to womens rights and that so many women each year disappear every year and lots of it deals with honor and dowry killings.

There are some very backward areas in India still which lack education, equal rights and some still practice the caste system which has been illegal for around 100 years. Many women are still treated as breeding machines and that is wrong.

I find it troubling that nations that still have these issues have nukes. If that is ignorant of me then guilty as charged. I would say the same thing towards Pakistan which was once India. They are even more backwards and corrupt.

I think you see this as an isolted event when I see it as more of a cultural norm even in the more advanced and cultured areas of India. Imagine how many stories go undocumented in those remote villages of 50 people with no running water.

The corruption in many countries towards females is horrible. Take the Nigeria kidnappings. The Nigerian gov doesnt give a shit and hasnt done anything. How can a sovereign gov exist if it cannot even protects its people from a few armed thugs? Answer is corruption and sweeping things under the table.

I am not here to write college essays but to give a brief opinion. Nothing more.

Carrie sense when do I need to validate or write a detailed essay for you not to pass judgement on who you think I am?

The point I was making is that countries like India which has a major problem they still need to fix when it comes to womens rights and that so many women each year disappear every year and lots of it deals with honor and dowry killings.

There are some very backward areas in India still which lack education, equal rights and some still practice the caste system which has been illegal for around 100 years. Many women are still treated as breeding machines and that is wrong.

I find it troubling that nations that still have these issues have nukes. If that is ignorant of me then guilty as charged. I would say the same thing towards Pakistan which was once India. They are even more backwards and corrupt.

India is really strange. There are parts of it as modern and advanced as any American city, but in America when you go out to the poor rural areas you get rednecks-- there you get people still living tribal style.

Pretty sure it's the former in control of the nukes, not the latter.

If the economy doesn't pick up at the lowest levels soon, I wouldn't be surprised if the truly impoverished in the States started living quasi-nomadically by the 2050s. I mean, I'm already commuting 50 miles/day just for a part-time stocking job at a grocery store.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.