Fourteen-year old ordered raped by authorities

monkeygirl

I am no world traveler. I try to keep an open mind about practices and traditions in other countries and cultures that mystify me and as long as everyone's okay with it, a legal adult and nobody gets hurt, I can easily shake my head and let things be.

But this type of story seriously tweaks my head. HOW can this exist anywhere in 2014? HOW do people like this get/stay in power? WTF is WRONG with their brains and logic? WHY AND HOW does the rest of the world allow this to happen?????

This makes me want to buy a plane ticket, find these monsters and have them hurt, bad, in public. I just DO NOT get this and it angers me to the extent of my possibility.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/11/girl-14-raped-on-indian-village-council-orders-in-revenge-for-brothers-crime-police-say/

EW DELHI A 14-year-old girl was dragged into a forest and raped on the orders of a village council in remote eastern India in retaliation for a sex assault blamed on her brother, her family and police said Friday.

Jitendra Singh, a top local police official, said two men have been arrested in the rape case. They include the village headman and the main suspect, identified as the husband of the woman who was allegedly molested by the victims brother.

The victims brother has also been arrested on charges of molestation.

We kept begging them. We begged with folded hands but they would not listen

The girls mother told CNN-IBN news channel that she pleaded with the council and other villagers when they ordered the rape but no one listened.

We kept begging them. We begged with folded hands but they would not listen. They dragged her away to the forest, she said.

The attack took place after midnight on Sunday in a small village in Jharkhand states Bokaro district.

They attacked her in retaliation and we are taking this case very seriously, Singh said, adding that police expect to complete the investigation and file charges in the next few days.

Backwards!!! This is why I have never had the desire to leave the U.S. in my life.

My sister was in India months ago and there are places there so uneducated and backwards they have pictures of Adolf Hitler in places because they are under the notion he was a good guy. I didnt believe her until she sent me a picture of it.

What is even scarier to me is this country has nukes. I dont want to label everyone there as being like this but there are huge pockets of people in this country that are backwards and have abandoned old cultural norms from a long time ago. This story makes me sick.

India is really strange. There are parts of it as modern and advanced as any American city, but in America when you go out to the poor rural areas you get rednecks-- there you get people still living tribal style.

Pretty sure it's the former in control of the nukes, not the latter.

Did you read the article before you posted it? They say it was a rural tribal community that did it, and real officials are investigating.

Don't think we're too high and mighty, this could have easily happened in the south to black people less than a half a century ago.

Or how about that gay kid drug behind the truck (again in the south) a decade ago. The entire community shrugged their shoulders and the FBI went in to make arrests.

OR how about one of our college sports sex scandals?

Point is, small tight knit communities with effed up morals are everywhere, even here.

Backwards!!! This is why I have never had the desire to leave the U.S. in my life.

My sister was in India months ago and there are places there so uneducated and backwards they have pictures of Adolf Hitler in places because they are under the notion he was a good guy. I didnt believe her until she sent me a picture of it.

What is even scarier to me is this country has nukes. I dont want to label everyone there as being like this but there are huge pockets of people in this country that are backwards and have abandoned old cultural norms from a long time ago. This story makes me sick.

Yeah cause the rest of the world is backwards and twisted and only America is a safe haven of rational thought and morality, right? That was one of the most culturally ignorant and borderline rascist posts I've seen in a while.

"And Those people have nukes?" Jesus man, cause all of India is representative of this particular village. Right.

I've also seen pictures hanging of Adolf Hitler in places in the US and other parts of the world where they "think he's a good guy". Those people are called bigots. Or fascists, or neo nazis or many other terms.

I get that your post was a knee jerk reaction to a disgusting story but... Clearly you don't see the world how it is.

Did you read the article before you posted it? They say it was a rural tribal community that did it, and real officials are investigating.

Yes, I know, and maybe I'm jumping the gun, but nothing frequently comes of these investigations there.

Don't think we're too high and mighty, this could have easily happened in the south to black people less than a half a century ago.

I waffle on this sentiment; one hand, yeah-the other-it's not half a century ago.

Or how about that gay kid drug behind the truck (again in the south) a decade ago. The entire community shrugged their shoulders and the FBI went in to make arrests.

OR how about one of our college sports sex scandals?

Point is, small tight knit communities with effed up morals are everywhere, even here.

But these weren't things that were ordered by an authority! Am I crazy to see a difference?

Am I also not seeing the world as it truly is?

Not to this degree Driver. Ive seen some backwards places in the U.S. before but **** like this is wrong.

IT IS!?!??

Where did I say it wasn't?

And MG-- those were carried out by "leaders". Kill leaders, community leaders, people tried in the court of local opinion.

And saying half a century IS important because you can't act like we so much more civilized. As "leaders" of the first world it's not like we as far from this as we like to think.

Oh shut the fuck up driver. Not wanting to leave my country which is a personal choice is racist?

Wow just wow. I guess it doesnt take much these days to be a racist. And you call my post knee jerk.

So driver if you can find a story similar to the story MG posted about happening in the U.S. then you are right but the local authorities having a 14 year old girl raped. Good luck with that bud.

To be fair the phrase local authorities in this news report should be in quotes. Like when you talk about Sandra Bernhard you say she's an "actress".

This was a tribal community not the governmental authority of India. In that manner it's as if in the US some cultists or isolated rednecks did something, until the main US authorities needed to act these fringe elements really are existing wherever doing their own things. In even smaller scales abuses can happen in jobs and schools with cliques and fraternities. It's all the same dynamic however. Where there's people there are ***holes and ***holes do asshole stuff sometimes without others knowing or approving. Broken down it's a simple concept.

And MG-- those were carried out by "leaders". Kill leaders, community leaders, people tried in the court of local opinion.

And saying half a century IS important because you can't act like we so much more civilized. As "leaders" of the first world it's not like we as far from this as we like to think.

Can you give me an equivalent of 'tribal leader' that I'd get?

You really think I'm just being geocentric?

In that manner it's as if in the US some cultists or isolated rednecks did something

Really, THT? You think this tribal council is the same as a bunch of isolated rednecks?

Oh shut the **** up driver. Not wanting to leave my country which is a personal choice is racist?

Uh, that was Odine, not driver and "shut the **** up?" MOM never said 'shut the **** up!" to me! MOM never yelled at me!

But this type of story seriously tweaks my head. HOW can this exist anywhere in 2014? HOW do people like this get/stay in power? WTF is WRONG with their brains and logic? WHY AND HOW does the rest of the world allow this to happen?????

I share your outrage, but what can/should we do? I don't mean that rhetorically, but really, what should Americans do? Sanctions? Reduce job outsourcing until they quit treating women like cattle?

The legal system there seems to operate on bribes. The police and politicians in India and Pakistan are so unbelievably corrupt. Most of the financial aid sent there gets pilfered by the higher-ups, and police will ignore the complains of the poor. Is there an example of a country breaking out of a massively corrupt culture like that? I can't think of one off-hand, but am curious if it has happened.

Sorry Driver that was totally my mistake.

As much as people cry foul on how women are treated unequal in the U.S. it doesnt nearly compare to how most women are treated around the world today. Between arranged marriages, dowry honor killings, women not allowed to have jobs,go to school or hell even play sports,to how they dress and having to be with a male relative/husband with her in public.

All of it is backwards thinking period the end. If that means not respecting other cultures then guilty as charged.

This tribal council has reportedly abandoned traditions, ignored pleas from the tribe and authorized sexual abuse as retribution... not retribution as in the attacker gets theirs like 'Eye for an Eye', but the attacker's relative gets the punishment.

That is broken reasoning. It's apparently outside of their traditional authority, outside of modern authority... so what words could fit that? Cult and redneck. What redneck meant prior to being spun into a badge of honor. It's backwoods, start the banjos, make those pigs squeal, worse than animalistic reasoning.

I'm not trying to say it isn't effed up or that something shouldn't be done-- just that the knee jerk reaction that India = bad isn't an accurate stance.

I've seen parts of the American south that are like a third world country in terms of economy and education, so it's not that hard to see the same level of disparate cultures in other countries.

India having nukes and India condoning the raping isn't a fair statement. That's all I'm getting at.

As a quasi-Southerner, I have to chime in here. America has bad pockets all over the nation. East St. Louis. Detroit. Parts of LA. Everyone picking on the south is just a tad bit biased. I have seen squalor in all kinds of places (none worse than Brownsville, TX). It takes all kinds, in all places.

Oh shut the **** up driver. Not wanting to leave my country which is a personal choice is racist?

Wow just wow. I guess it doesnt take much these days to be a racist. And you call my post knee jerk.

So driver if you can find a story similar to the story MG posted about happening in the U.S. then you are right but the local authorities having a 14 year old girl raped. Good luck with that bud.

Not wanting to leave the US is not rascist, but your irrational fear of everything outside of it is VERGING on it. And your fear filled comment on Indians having nuclear arms is.

Don't get me wrong, I think this case is fucked up too. But you come of extremely xenophobic in your post. I am not defending the people involved in this rape in anyway, but I'm not the one writing off a civilisation. You claim that you are not, but "these people have nukes" kinda negates that disclaimer.

Guys, guys, guys.

I was gonna go off on RM here, but really, the blame is on you guys. You guys are talking to, and attempting to interact with, RM. And shame on you for that. I mean, did any of you really think that RM was going to actually read your posts, as opposed to do what he always does- pick out like two or three words that he doesn't like, read them out of context, and then write a post arguing against something you never said? I read RM's "replies" to Tank and just think, you know, Tank the blame is on you here. You and I both know that RM has a like a 4th grade reading level- what you are doing is similar to handing a 2 year old that still sh-ts himself some finger-paints and wondering why he cannot produce a Picasso. The fact that someone let him out of the trailer park to actually teach in a school is a borderline crime against humanity, but thank goodness I'm rich enough that my kids will never have to worry about being taught by someone like this... thing.

But be that as it may, I got a good laugh out of RM's characteristically nauseating posts- I have to say, I am beginning to think RM is simply performance art, maybe by Pong (is this you Pong!?), and if so, good sir, I tip my hat to you for a job well done. But in all seriousness, RM's flagellating about is exactly what we would expect- Tank, here's the thing, your posts just hit a little too close to home for him, a man of the American prole class, he's not going to want to take a look in the mirror when he can pretend as if he belongs to a superior group, never mind the fact that (at least when I still lived in the US), we looked upon his kind like the Indian tribal unwashed masses of the US- basically one step away from the set of Deliverance; full set of teeth may or may not be present.

Quite honestly Tank, we should be glad that his kind stays in the US so as to not embarrass our country. We both can see the same image now, him in a $5.99 American flag Old Navy t-shirt, probably with BBQ sauce stains on it, fanny pack around the waist, overlaid carefully on his bulging fupa which is barely contained by the pair of Wal-Mart jeans that even the homeless wouldn't wear.. waddling down the road and loudly asking the locals (in English, of course, no need to try and speak the native language), where the nearest McDonald's is (maybe sorta like this- "Hey! Where can I get some *real* food around here!?) To be honest, I don't even really consider such people true US citizens- I would have their passports forcibly removed from them, but then again, who are we kidding, why would someone like RM even ever have a passport? Really Tank, were you so foolish as to think RM would have any sort of nuance in the way he thinks, obviously the idea that a country of, you know, over a billion people, might have some differences between say, a remote rural village and an affluent neighborhood in Bangalore, would never occur to him. Because, when you look deep into that head of his, do we see connected functioning synapses, well of course not- have you ever seen that scene from the The Simpsons where they look inside his head and there is no brain, but instead a monkey banging two cymbals? It's like this.

waddling down the road and loudly asking the locals (in English, of course, no need to try and speak the native language), where the nearest McDonald's is (maybe sorta like this- "Hey! Where can I get some *real* food around here!?)

Damn, I was hoping for a second you were doing a Dead Kennedys reference.

Hey fa ggot, where's the nearest McDonald's?

I said I don't know, so they showered me with some water.

SO I THREW THE ROCK!

And how is Carrie Mathesons post not personally attacking me, trolling and why hasnt it been taken down?

As much as Carrie thinks they know me and thinks she is more intelligent than me I will give that little delusion of Carrie's to thrive and feel good about herself. Its nothing more than a typical superiority issue.

While some of my opinions and beliefs are not popular nor do many agree with it, I have at least never stooped so low as to personally attack someone on nightly. Nor do I assume and pass judgement of fellow members on here unlike Carrie who seems to have a personal grudge against me for whatever reason. Carries' perception of me is partly my fault probably because of my opinions,but they are far from the truth.

And how is Carrie Mathesons post not personally attacking me, trolling and why hasnt it been taken down?

A) Because Pong has better things to do than check Nightly every 20 minutes to make sure nobody's hurting your feeling.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.