Fett Lives per Jonathan Rinzler

Doze

Jonathan Rinzler (executive editor, author, and the official Star Wars “historian” at Lucasfilm) was in a Q & A and was asked about Bobba Fett and the Sarlacc Pit.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2avk5i/hi_reddit_jonathan_rinzler_star_wars_scholar_and/

blackbetha: Jonathan, In your mind, does Boba Fett Escape the Sarlacc Pit?

Rinzler: Yes, he does. I have been in meetings with George where he confirms that Fett survived. If it comes from George then it’s true!

I eyerolled when I read this yesterday.

If it's in the movies I'll accept it.

Explaining something because the story and narrative isn't clear (looking at you, Ridley Scott) is one thing but just making stuff up after-the-fact is b.s. (looking at you, J.K. Rowling).

If it comes from George it's true until he changes his mind in a few minutes because he doesn't put nearly as much thought into anything as fans think he puts into Star Wars.

He shouldn't have even been in Jedi - just loitering about in the Palace? He'd be onto the next bounty surely. Just squeezing in a cameo from a popular outing in Empire. And don't get me started on the appearance in the special edition of ANH.

Nice but of artwork above though.

Lucas has gone on record a dozen times saying Fett was a one off and never understood how he got cult status. That said, he didn't hate the idea of him surviving and his popularity led to the inclusion of Jango in the prequels.

All he had to add was a little explosion.

We then could still argue over whether the Sarlacc's digestive system ignited Fett's rocket or if Fett was in there fighting to get out. However it's a little more credible a possibility that he was fighting due to the explosion over just having the Sarlacc burp and saying he must have survived.

All he had to add was a little explosion.

We then could still argue over whether the Sarlacc's digestive system ignited Fett's rocket or if Fett was in there fighting to get out. However it's a little more credible a possibility that he was fighting due to the explosion over just having the Sarlacc burp and saying he must have survived.

So your saying that a Sarlacc burp is flammable? And the when the Sarlacc belched Fett used that opportunity to light his backpack and with one motion kill and escape the Sarlacc?

I can live with that...

The paragraph was just me imagining the fan discussion over seeing George add a little explosion to that moment.

I dunno what's flammable or not.

I was saying from a story standpoint you only need to imply something could be happening, you don't actually have to see Fett crawling out. A little explosion accomplishes this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.