Dealbreakers

ShadowDog

I get that the Empire can still be around five years 10 years maybe even 20 years but not 30 years

Oooh. Time travel might be a dealbreaker for me now that you mention it.

what about parallel realities?

Probably also the same. I wouldn't walk out (even with time travel) but I'd only be able to watch the movie when I wasn't busy rolling my eyes.

Actually, everything mentioned as a deal-breaker I would be mad at-- but none of it would drive me out of the theater. They can;t be worse than the PT which I sat through a couple times and still came here with ammo to complain.

BUT-- time travel or alternate realty BS... I would walk out, no question.

Luke should not be tempted again. Resist the Emperor and his own father, you are not going to the darkside - fact!

Don't have an issue with the kids being swayed.

Defo no clones of Vader or Palps. Their story is told.

Time travel, parallel universes - no thanks. I can't see how that could work.

But the Empire can still have some old soldiers out for a bit of payback I reckon.

I dunno, being a kid when the originals were in the cinema like most of you, I just dunno how I'd feel about seeing one of the big three die.... :-(

Really hope they don't go down that road.

I don't see too many Imperial soldiers wanting revenge or anything, it makes no sense. They are all just guys who joined the military at some point and have government jobs. If the "New Republic" or whatever can pay their salares, they'd likely all just start working for them, or go home.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Revived/cloned Palpatine/Vader.

Effing A!

I do have one other dealbreaker, but it's not story related-- if this movie has a ton of winks and nods and elbows to the ribs to remind us of the original Star Wars I'll be annoyed as hell. The Star Trek remakes were so full of that it was distracting.

Totally agree!

My deal breakers are:

As others, Luke being tempted by/falling to the darkside. I can also live with Luke not having established a Jedi Order.....I think a plausible excuse for that is that the Galaxy, even though the war is over, still believe the hype Palpy put out about force users, and people still fear a return of a jedi order.

If Han Solo dies in Episode 7. I can see in 8 or 9 if completely, totally intrinsic to the plot and done well.

If Leia is a jedi. I don't want to see Leia as a jedi. She needs to just stick to being a political leader.

If Lando doesn't get at least a cameo in 7.

If the Millennium Falcon is destroyed.

If some other character is stuffed in a Vader Suit just to glom onto the Vader Legacy.

I can live with the Empire still being around in some parts of the galaxy. In fact I think it is kind of needed. Galaxies are effing big places. There are countries in the world the size of New Jersey that have civil wars for generations. Is it THAT hard to believe Vader's And Palpy's deaths didn't end the Galactic Civil War?

If we have a Hayden Christiansen Force ghost.

I get that the Empire can still be around five years 10 years maybe even 20 years but not 30 years

An Empire like what is in the movies ok. Pockets or very large areas that still call them self the Empire I don't have a problem with. The Roman Empire took a lot longer to die then just 30 years. You would still have the people that where still alive that would want revenge.

An Empire like what is in the movies ok. Pockets or very large areas that still call them self the Empire I don't have a problem with. The Roman Empire took a lot longer to die then just 30 years. You would still have the people that where still alive that would want revenge.

Roman Empire also stood for a lot longer than 20 years.

Unless something extreme happens, like NumberSix said, I won't walk out of the theater, but I might not go back for multiple viewings.

I don't see a problem with a member of the family falling to the dark side. After all, doesn't that happen in families? "I'm a Skywalker, I've heard all the stories, that won't happen to me".

But, I do agree that Luke was tempted by the dark side and overcame it in ROTJ. Being tempted again or falling - in Luke's case - is unnecessary.

Several months after its release, I saw Attack of the Clones in a pub where the audience spent much of the film applying MST3K commentary to the idiocy of various characters and scenarios (oh: and the dialogue. Especially the dialogue). The environment was much like the Rocky Horror Picture Show, only without all that pesky fun. And I stayed for the whole movie!

Now, I don't think VII could possibly be as painful and clumsy as AotC (omg could it be?), but the bar for live-action Star Wars has been set so low, I really can't imagine something disappointing me to the point of walking out. No dealbreakers here. I'm in!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.