Bored? Take this test!

Ms. Spam

16. Some of those questions were too nonspecific. Like, I would have answered yes to questions I gave a no for, depending on the context of the situation. And vice versa. "Do you look at the bigger picture or for details?" I mean.... Totally contextual.

I got 15.

I didn't look but I'm sure I got points for my good memory and ability to notice patterns and stuff like that. The most "autistic" trait that I have is that I count a lot. Especially steps to and from places. That's frequent, but I always count steps on stairs. I have no idea why, or when I started, I just do.

I got an 11. So I guess, contrary to what some of you may think on here, I am in fact, normal.

That being said, I think this test was kinda stupid. I mean, I'm not a psychologist or anything, and supposedly this test was created by the "Cambridge's Autism Research Centre," (I have no idea if that center is prestigious or filled with your standard social sciences quackery/quasi-science). So, far be it from me to pretend I'm an expert. But be that as it may, some of these questions didn't really seem like they were measuring autism so much as just general extroversion/introversion. You can take the first question for example- "I prefer to do things with others rather than on my own." That doesn't seem to have anything to do with autism, as opposed to introversion. I know plenty of people that are very introverted and like spending most of their time alone, but they are certainly socially well adjusted, and are happily married and have good jobs and so forth, and they aren't reciting the phone book and walking around like f-cking Rain Man. And then, I know some people that are very extroverted, and socially outgoing, but they are always annoying pretty much everyone they come across and exhibit some traits that I would consider somewhat autistic.

Some of the other questions just seem to be asking if one can memorize number sequences easily, but having a sharp memory isn't really indicative of anything except having a good memory, IMO.

In other words, the test comes off as rather amateurish. It seems to be saying, well if you're introverted and have a good memory for number sequences, then you are autistic. And it's like, come on now. Really?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.