Illegal Immigration + children from Hondoras + the Tea Party =

Ms. Spam

The real meat of this topic has to do with protesters in Murrieta CA.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-immigrants-murrieta-20140701-story.html#page=1

Protesters in Murrieta block detainees' buses in tense standoff

A crowd of 200 to 300 people in downtown Murrieta surrounded three buses carrying immigrant detainees Tuesday afternoon, causing the buses to turn around before they reached a Border Patrol station in the Riverside County city.

Waving Americans flags and protest signs, the crowd refused to give way when the buses arrived with some 140 detainees from Texas, which has seen a flood of Central American immigrants cross the border in recent weeks without legal permission.

I don't get protesting on behalf of illegals. It's like...Yay! We came here illegally, and now want to protest the fact you want to send us home! Boo! You're so hateful!

I certainly "get" that our nation is in bad need of immigration reform, and I am particularly sympathetic to some of the Dream Act kids. One thing I might be in favor of is letting highly skilled immigrants get jobs here, but the employer must pay a highly punitive "tax" on their labor. This would dissuade them from bringing in foreigners in preference to domestic labor (for the cheapness factor), and the tax dollars could go towards subsidizing training of domestic workers to become "highly skilled" (thus hopefully displacing the need to import foreign workers in the future).

I worked with illegals for 2-3 years, and it's a pretty broad spectrum. Some are great people deserve a shot to legally become Americans, some are criminals who import drugs, and some are in between. Generalizing the issue and the people is an error in my opinion, and that seems to be what most pro and anti immigration people do.

Mexico is a fine country as well as other Central American countries. The only way to fix the issue would be not to boycott Mexico but stop buying the drugs that lead to the gangs that are created to support the distribution, production and lifestyle. So boycott drugs! That's not going to happen though. So people will continue to illegally come to the United States. These things on my Facebook and in the news really infuriate me because people are protesting things that have already been done. I mean those busses are taking caught illegals in order to deport them back to their countries of origin. The epidemic of people coming to the US will not be stopped by a fence as clearly these undocumented immigrants made it from Honduras. What's a fence going to do to stop the coyotes who make a living doing this. Because it is so large a population coming it's not like we have a jumbo plane that can take all these people and dump them back in their countries with one massive deportation. All those people protesting in Murrieta did was cause the government to spend more of their precious money to turn around and find another location to take those kids to be processed for deportation that was not prepared for the influx of three bus loads of kids.

Recently Obama came to Texas and Perry refused to shake his hand and the Tea Party is stroking themselves with glee over Perry's snub of the President at a meeting concerning all this illegal immigration. From rational human beings eyes were probably rolled about the political posturing and such but these Tea Party idiots are like "Look at Perry! He's so awesome!" Perry is the leader in Texas and therefore he should get just as much blame for a border he's in control of just as much as Obama in that he could send the Texas National Guard or as a person more familiar with the state as well as officials and others offer a good plan that would at least work towards a better securement of the border. It's not like this a brand spanking new issue that has never been seen before. The Tea Party is even disparaging the Minutemen Texas Border Volunteers. What can these forces do when the influx is so huge!?

Instead of spending money on the Middle East this last decade "Nation Building" for countries that refuse the concept why not spend the money help places like Honduras do some Nation Building so their people don't have to face the choice of shitty jobs, gangs or illegal immigration and the US border would be safe!?

Start holding the damn countries where these people are from accountable in the form of sending a bill to their corrupt governments. It all starts with these governments who do not help improve the quality of life for its people.

These folks wouldnt be dumping their kids into our country if their country provided education, jobs,infrastructure.

It pisses me off to no end because we are now in a damned if we do damned if we dont do something scenario.

The U.S. needs to streamline its naturalization process so more would take the time to come here legally. We also need to not put up a fence but a damn wall and have national guard troops deployed there. Also form state agencies in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California to beef up more security.

Well, they certainly have no financial incentive to keep the dredges of their societies. Imagine if we could send welfare recipients to Canada, who would stop that? On the surface, I like the idea of holding them accountable, but to some extent we are accountable too. We buy their drugs. Our money pays for the cartels. The cartels have corrupted their government. We did this. We block the Colorado River. We screw them over time and again without remorse, and then we wonder why they can't get their **** together. Until our country fixes our drug problem, Mexico will never be able to fix theirs. The situation has turned northern Mexico into a war zone.

I have seen the wall in person, and it is underwhelming. It might help funnel traffic into smaller areas to patrol, but it isn't going to actually stop people. The only thing that stops anybody down there is, as you said, patrols. Thermal imagining will do more than any wall. I like the idea of local agencies specifically for this purpose, along with stringent oversight because of cartel money.

The cartels are present in the OKC area, and sex trafficking has actually become a thing here. The concept that a woman is abducted, enslaved, and then prostituted against her will sounds like something from a Mongol steppe in the 1200s, but here we are in 2014 in Oklahoma. A lot of illegals have ties to these cartels. I have met a few, and they are scary individuals. They...do not...give....a f***. Whatsoever. What's going to stop them? Going to jail? No one even knows their real name. They are ghosts that can operate underneath our society without repercussions. So, whenever I hear people talking about universal amnesty, I just....yeesh. These aren't people you want in your country, in your county, and in your city. They are predators in every sense of the word.

Aaaallllll that said, I have met some really great individuals who were illegals. They would make better Americans than more than a few " real" Americans I know. The system sucks, and it will continue to suck because of bipartisanship and generalizations.

But back to topic, is it really reasonable that the Marine " accidentally" crossed into Mexico? I am only familiar with the New Mexican and Texan areas of the border, and it seems difficult to make that wrong of a turn. I am not accusing, but honestly inquiring.

10524618_783005515092913_524926851832012

He did cross. He just didn't follow instructions on what he should have done to cross over to Mexico without issue so now he's detained and is not able to come back. *sigh* I've never heard more people cry foul over for illegal immigration of both kinds! We want our cake and to eat it too!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.