Rumored Rebels to Episode 7 Story Line

Doze

Andy Serkis is rumored to play a Mo-Cap Character Named Zeb Orrelios in the Episode 7 movie. The same Zeb from the Rebels cartoon that will be out soon.

Andy Serkis’ character could well be one of these Star Wars Rebels characters that will have hi origin in the plot of Rebels and see his character evolve and thrive in the background of the events between ‘A New Hope’and ‘Return of the Jedi’. And that character is Zeb Orrelios – perhaps better known to followers of Rebels as Zeb – The Muscles.

Link: http://www.moviecricket.com/rumour-andy-serkis-motion-capture-character-revealed-star-wars-episode-vii-54526/

This is how stuff turns to rumors. We go from a supposition, one person saying he "COULD WELL BE" something, to saying he "is rumored."

Man, this was fun with the PT,, but this time around it's just making me mad.

This is how stuff turns to rumors. We go from a supposition, one person saying he "COULD WELL BE" something, to saying he "is rumored."

Man, this was fun with the PT,, but this time around it's just making me mad.

Imagine how it feels running a fansite--there's a reason we don't cover rumors! And they're not even fun, stupid shit, like the Naboo wave. It's just "someone says something" and then everyone reports it as true.

here's my guide to deciphering rumors:

1. If it is a plot point based on any other material, be it books comics or TV show, it's false.

2. If the studio orders a cease and desist, it's true.

3. If it contains a fair amount of specific EU references, it's fake.

4. If a website posts a rumor and says their source is untested, it's false.

5. If the source has a proven track record or some sort of proof they are on the production, MAYBE it's true.

6. If the rumor is based around a new character that feels like a fans RPG character, false.

7. If I read a rumor on one site that I already read as a supposition or conjecture on another site, it's false.

8. If multiple legit sources say something is true, like Ford's injury minimally effecting the shoot, it's true no matter how much people claim otherwise.

9. If it's a photo it needs to be studied by a panel of experts.

10. If it is just stupid, it's false.

This served me fine with the PT rumor and was fool proof. The ONLY supposition rumor I didn't buy that turned out to be true was when Lucas said's Vader's birth was very 1930s, everyone assumed that meant it was Frankenstein on the table. I thought that was too obvious... #10, with Lucas involved, didn't always work.

I really hope that NOBODY from Rebels shows up in Episode VII.

Well if they go with the Marvel Shield type show then there will be a lot of cross over in it. It would be easier to the young kids for there to be tie ins with the two.

It may not matter to fans, or people like us-- but there is still a major lapse in mainstream American logic that allows for cartoons to be considered something adults may like. I think that would keep it from happening because it's still a hard sell.

I think that if any characters show up, it's going to be very, very minor. And there's a huge difference between having a show that is influenced and visited by characters and events from movies and having the show influence the movies.

Of course then you have General Grevious from the Clone Wars taking up way too long of ROTS just to add a pointless storyline for Obi-Wan, so at least it's happened in the past with Star Wars.

It may not matter to fans, or people like us-- but there is still a major lapse in mainstream American logic that allows for cartoons to be considered something adults may like. I think that would keep it from happening because it's still a hard sell.

I would like to see the demographic on the Clone Wars. I would bet there is a much high then normal amount of 30+ that watched the show. Someone in both the movie and cartoon dose not change any thing for the movie but will help them in the cartoon. 4 Billion, Disney has to make back there 4 billion and they can not take a chance that the cartoon will be a flop. For all we know Chopper will be in the movie too. They already have a Live-Action of him...

Why would they make a live-action of him and not use it?

Press junkets, conventions, surface map scanning, parades... lots of reasons.

I agree with you about Clone Wars, the idea it is for kids is thinly veiled-- Feloni made that for people like himself-- fans who grew up that didn't like the prequels.

But even if Rebels is canon they aren't going use it to lead into the movie for the same reasons they made the Eu non canon-- it is bad business to assume or make your audience have to familiarize themselves with a pre-existing story before walking in to a movie. That's not to say Rebels couldn't work backwards, or that there will be a TV show to spin out from the new movies-- but it's a side step, not a lead up. Agents of SHIELD couldn't have happened before Avengers. People tuned in because the big flashy thing came first.

But even if Rebels is canon they aren't going use it to lead into the movie for the same reasons they made the Eu non canon-- it is bad business to assume or make your audience have to familiarize themselves with a pre-existing story before walking in to a movie. That's not to say Rebels couldn't work backwards, or that there will be a TV show to spin out from the new movies-- but it's a side step, not a lead up. Agents of SHIELD couldn't have happened before Avengers. People tuned in because the big flashy thing came first.

Ok, lets go with that. So if they keep with how the Clone Wars came out the second half of season two will come out after the movie. That's half a season to put in a back story to something or someone brought up or seen in the movie. That would be what happened with Shield, right? Cross over and one that fits with what you are saying.

Ok, lets go with that. So if they keep with how the Clone Wars came out the second half of season two will come out after the movie. That's half a season to put in a back story to something or someone brought up or seen in the movie. That would be what happened with Shield, right? Cross over and one that fits with what you are saying.

Except that Rebels takes place 30-40 years before Episode 7.

Using Agents of SHIELD as an example-- even they didn't do anything leading up to the movies. The spun out of Avengers, the cross over with Thor 2 was basically a follow up story, and Winter Solider changed their entire show-- which they couldn't do a thing about until after the movie came out. They couldn't even say HYDRA until the movie did.

It comes down to money-- TV shows make money based on advertising dollars and subscription fees if they are on cable. Movies rely on ticket sales. TV's are programed to demographics, movies depend on cross-over ticket sales from average movie goers, not just fans.

I'm not saying they can't easter egg up the movie, but I guarantee you nothing intrinsic to the actual plot or lead characters will have a thing to do with Rebels.

Except that Rebels takes place 30-40 years before Episode 7.

That's the part I'm having trouble with. It's too much a leap.

And that live-action shot looks more Fisher-Price than ILM. Is that woodgrain?

They couldn't even say HYDRA until the movie did.

While I know you mean they couldn't explicitly foreshadow the oncoming S.H.I.E.L.D. = HYDRA revelation the slinky-straightening part of me needs to point out that actually they mentioned HYDRA on the show plenty before the movie and some of that earlier Hydra-related stuff (like the zero-point energy raygun thingy which they pretended to shoot into the Sun but actually ended up as part of the weapons cache Bill Paxton raids, hell, it might even be the thing Coulson used to kill him) played into the post-movie plot.

Oh, and yeah, of course, if anything's going to be related to anything else then the animated show will obviously be taking its cues from the movie(s) rather than them being defined/boxed-in/tiedtogether/ensnarled by the animated show.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.