OH GOD! Tom Cruise meets with JJ in London, NOOOO!

Doze

Tom Cruise as Dash Rendar, from the one EU novel George read and liked. ;-)

Tom Cruise is awesome, we can mince words about his "religion", we can wonder about "beards", but he is only polite and gracious to his fans and totally owns his roles.

So he jumped on Oprah's Couch. My wife once said, if she was having sex with Katie Holmes she'd be jumping on Oprah's Couch too. I said really?! And she said, "Down boy! Not happening."

He can be over the top in his roles. As a lead role he is good but just can't see him not taking the scene. Will be very happy to say I was wrong but this one is like hearing Jar Jar was seen in London with JJ.

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with a role in Star Wars, but just for the sake of the thread...

Tom Cruise is a-okay by me. No one wants you to enjoy a Tom Cruise movie more than Tom Cruise.

The only negative would be thinking "Hey, that's Tom Cruise!" every time his character is on screen.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I'm assuming this has nothing to do with a role in Star Wars, but just for the sake of the thread...

Tom Cruise is a-okay by me. No one wants you to enjoy a Tom Cruise movie more than Tom Cruise.

The only negative would be thinking "Hey, that's Tom Cruise!" every time his character is on screen.

I personally think this could just as easily be about Star Trek 3, or something else.

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, but I think he usually does a pretty decent job in his roles. No one thought he could pull off Oblivion, or even Interview with a vampire, but they were pretty good movies. If Tom Cruise was in a Star Wars movie, I'd be A-OK with it. But you do have a point: his stardom would be a distraction....unless he played a non-human character. I could see Cruise playing a Twi'lek, Zabrak, or some other near human alien, doing a good job, and due to the make up or CGI, not being a distraction.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Again-- JJ produces the Mission Impossible movies.

But to your point that Cruise could play a part hidden behind make up or effects...

You're probably right Driver, it probably is about another Mission Impossible movie, but even if it isn't, its not the end of the world if Cruise is in a Star Wars movie. The guy is a veteran actor at this point, and I think he could be a good jedi OR Sith character.

Agreed - he puts everything into it. I have no probs at all if he was to feature. Never crossed my mind before that he would even be interested in being a part of the series. He always has a few projects he is working on, be it acting and/or producing.

He is a damn fine actor.

He is devoted to his work. He just hasnt been the same since Eyes wide shut and his split with Kidman.

Hes made some good movies. If i judged every actor or celeb o their personal opinions or religion i would never watch tv or go to the movies again which pretty much means I am dead without the two.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.