Rumors But Could Be *SPOILERS*

Doze

OK so Making Star Wars had a great insider post about the sets at Pinwood but was asked to take it down. TFN posted a news soty off this post and here it is.

This could be a BIG **SPOILER**

MakingStarWars.net has been following up with their sources at Pinewood Studios, and they've got some clarifications on other set-related rumors that have been floating around. Here are the basics from the report:

• There is a "Forest Fortress" set. It looks ruined and features a large sandstone-colored door. The set resembles Yavin IV more than Endor.
  • There are no snow-planet sets at Pinewood. False reports about Hoth appearing in the movie may have come from the Everest snowscape set at Pinewood.
  • The "Imperial stage," which is "huge," features a full-size TIE fighter prop and greenscreens on two sides.
  • There is also a Star Destroyer bridge set, recognizable based on its "distincive triangular windows.

This Rumor is about Gwendoline Christie and her role as a Stormetrooper. Total rumor but a lot of fun

Could be incorrect but this sounds like it backs up something I was told by someone working on the film.

They said Stormtroopers play a major role, the empire still very much exists and that Gwendoline Christie
plays a rogue stormtrooper who wears silver armour.

To be fair, the person who told me this stuff is involved in costume/makeup etc. They’re knowledge regarding the story or the exact situation of the Empire could be a little sketchy, although I was also told that Han and Leia are divorced (or separated… something along these lines)so they must know roughly what’s going on plot wise.

Again, this could be incorrect but I don’t see why it would be.

From MSW

• 1 month later...

So a hand, inside cloud city, falls into the core-- which goes down into the atmosphere of a gas giant... and it some how escapes the gravity of said planet, goes into space, and makes it to Tattooine without the ability to go lightspeed/hyperspace and STILL IS HOLDING ON TO THE LIGHTSABER.

I take back everything I said about the EU being full of terrible ideas. That is actually worse.

Which is why it is 100% false and likely made up by an idiot.

I have no idea what to make of the latest hand rumor. It's silly enough to sound like a crazy fan's idea of symbolism and an artistic opening, but just plausible enough to be something Abrams would've thought of himself (which doesn't make it less stupid).

It couldn't be Luke's original right hand that he lost at Cloud City, since that would've fallen into the planet. It could be his left hand, I suppose, but Luke was always depicted as right-hand dominant (wasn't he?), and that raises the question of why he'd be holding his lightsaber with his left hand (though it would answer why he lost it).

I suppose it's possible that the hand is not Luke's, despite it triggering a quest for his whereabouts. It may link to the villain of the story; perhaps the lightsaber's blade is red? Perhaps Luke cut it off?

I think Tank has the right rules for judging rumors. "If it sounds stupid, it's probably false" is a good rule of thumb. I'm 95% certain it is a false rumor.

If we're going to tie this to the books, then this is clearly a reference to The Glove of Darth Vader, which means we can expect Trioculus to be the major villain with Luke hiding out in the Lost city of the Jedi under the surface of Yavin 4.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.