Favorite Contemporary TV Cartoon Series?

Evolence

So I have over 1000 of those antiquated coasters called DVD's. And a large portion of the collection is devoted to animation. The majority of that is split between Disney/Pixar/Studio Ghibli/etc. type flicks. And the rest is devoted to animated TV cartoons. Among the TV Cartoon series we have:

1. American Dad
  2. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
  3. Boondocks
  4. Brak Show
  5. Drawn Together
  6. Family Guy
  7. Futurama
  8. Harvey Birdman
  9. Metalocalypse
  10. Oblongs
  11. Robot Chicken
  12. Sea Lab
  13. Simpsons
  14. South Park
  15. Space Ghost

That's most of it. I probably missed some, but you get the idea. I also have more 80's themed series:

1. He-Man
  2. Teddy Ruxpin
  3. Thunder Cats

And probably some more cartoons I can't remember that I bought for the nostalgia purpose, but also so my son could live and love the same shows I grew up with.

But my point is...I haven't had deluxe cable in many years. I haven't even had basic in a couple of years. And I've been without television period for going on a year now. So I haven't kept up with Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. I don't know if they even still do that, but I used to love it. I hope they still produce good shows. Ditto with other channels. I used to be able to pick up Fox, and I knew they did Bob's Burgers and Cleveland Show, both of which I was sort of "meh" on. But as you can tell from my "owned" lineup, I was very big on the Fox and Cartoon Network shows.

Have I missed anything golden in the past 6 years or so? What are your favorite fairly contemporary cartoons? Right now, I'm really digging Futurama. But honestly, I could put in nearly ANY of my DVD's and fall completely in love again with a piece from my past.

• 2 weeks later...

I'mma put 'contemporary' at 2005 or later.

-Regular Show. It's just so awesome.

-Teen Titans. 'go' is OK, but coming off of the original series it took some acclamation, especially with the voices being the same.

-The cgi Ninja Turtles show. First episode I saw was basically a sum up of the average Chuck Norris fan's disillusionment. So cool, and subtle too.

-Total Drama. A tongue-in-cheek look at Reality TV. Nuff said.

-still torn on Adventure Time.

-Powerpuff girls

-

Anime(****ing off with the 'contemporary' part since the really good stuff is relatively rare):

-Attack On Titan.

-AnoHana
-Baccano
-Blue Sub 6
-Clannad. After Story lives up to the hype, but I dont' think it wouold work as well without the first season.
-Chobits. Yes, yes, fanservice. It's anime; get used to it. It gets better
-Cowboy Bebop.
-Dragonball and Z. All of DB is fun, and the Cell games is my favorite arc of Z. gt can suck a dick.
-Dual! Parllel Trouble Adventure. Basically a cross between Eva and Tenchi, to very positive effect.
-FullMetal Alchemist. Brotherhood's good too, but aside from the happier ending I prefer the original.
-Ghost in the Shell(all except Innocence, which I still haven't seen).
-Gundam Wing +EW. It's as clumsy as people say, but it's still gundam, and still good.
-Gurren Lagan.
-Highschool Of The Dead. BOOBS. DON'T. WORK THAT WAY! but if you can get passed the FS you might enjoy it.
-Kino's Journey. Just doooo eeeeet.
-Macross+
-Ouran High School Host Club. Whether you're into the genre or not, this is a damn fun show.
-Outlaw Star. The first show I ever saw with a Hot Springs Episode, and it's one of the best (and best-used) HSEs I've seen.
-Please Teacher. The only series of its kind that I have any love for. Twins is a pure cash-in and not worth your time IMO.
-School Rumble.
-Seargent Frog.
-Tenchi Muyo!
-Tenchi in Tokyo
-ToraDora!
-Trigun *
-Welcome To The NHK
-YuYu Hakusho
Anime movies
-Mononoke
-Ultimate Teacher
-grave of the fireflies
-

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.