Playing DESTINY first look ALPHA.

Odine

• 2 months later...

Yeah the game is not much different from the alpha even (when I started this topic). Which kind of is disappointing... was hoping the game was going to be an epic open exploration style but its not the case. Feel like Bungie kind of bent the truth considerably with their marketing.

In theory, you technically could play Destiny single-player, at least a good portion of it. I haven't been running into many others on the story missions I've been playing so far.

I really like how it handles online play, personally. It doesn't force the social responsibility like World of Warcraft always has. You just kind of bump into people and play through one mission together and then go your separate ways for the most part. That's great for someone like me who likes doing stuff co-op with others, but doesn't necessarily want it to turn into a time-suck.

I know a lot of press and gamers are giving this game a hard time, but I'm personally loving it. It plays exactly like I would want. I just want to sit down for an hour tops, shoot stuff, progress a little, run into a few other people on the way, and call it a night. Destiny is really deep in how it allows you to upgrade stuff, but it has a really low barrier for entry as far as mechanics goes. When it comes to video games, I don't mind at all a Michael Bay-esque presentation that allows me to just shut my mind off for a while and blow stuff up.

My only gripe is that I would have enjoyed somewhat more of a understandable plot, but it's not that big a deal. I adored the Mass Effect games, but I couldn't tell you any story point of any of them at this point.

Just finished all the story mode. I have no idea what this was all about or for. There was actually no narrative that made any sense whatsoever. I'm very confused. It was fun, shooting people was fun, but I have no idea what I just accomplished if anything at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.