Godless Commie Cantor Is Gone!

Not much else to say.

Eric Cantor was defeated by someone more conservative. The guy who was hated by 50% of America for being too extreme was defeated in a primary for being too soft.

So.. is this good for Democrats, with the opposition losing a senior leader in the House, or bad, because it shows that the Republicans are going to become more intransigent?

Guest El Chalupacabra

So.. is this good for Democrats, with the opposition losing a senior leader in the House, or bad, because it shows that the Republicans are going to become more intransigent?

If you are a democrat, I think this is good because as you say, the GOP lost a senior leader. Not only is this a blow to the party overall, but Jack Trammell has a good shot at beating David Brat since neither guy is an incumbent. Now admittedly, I don't know a lot about VA politics, but I think Cantor had a better shot at defending his seat against a democrat than Brat does at winning it against Trammell.

Assuming David Brat is even elected, gaining one tea party member doesn't necessarily mean the GOP over all will become even more obstructionist, and in fact, David Brat will likely be ineffectual because it seems the establishment republicans are ostracizing republicans, like Tea Party republicans who don't "tow the line."

To be honest, I like some of what I read about Brat. Now take that with a grain of salt, as I'm sure that he has some atrociously backward views on many social issues. But he was railing against crony capitalism and how big business has been made fat at the expense of America.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.