Leaked Photos

Two things from the new photoset stick out to me...

The X-Wing is a lot slimmer, more compact and has a different engine design-- possibly the newest model given its been 30 years?

Also, the Falcon looks like it is being built with the internal sets inside of the external one to make it as real as possible for the actors. IThe OT didn't even do that. What that means is, the cameras and lights will have to be rigged inside the small sets, which makes for a much more realistic look given that a lot of the lighting will have to be practical and built into the set.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I bet theforce.net and aicn are ****ting their pants that TMZ is getting scoops way ahead of them.

But are they leaked, or are the "controlled leaks" for publicity?

Does it really matter?

Either way, the people who made their livelihoods on reporting about geek films, and Star Wars in particular, are being scooped by the company that's sole goal is to let us know who isn't wearing panties at the newest Hollywood hot spot.

Guest El Chalupacabra

When it is basically a press release, is it really a scoop, though? And does this, and the other Tatooine one posted yesterday, really show you anything significant? Not really.

When TPM was in post-production, I remember how Starwars.com posted video snipits of the podrace, some concept art, and production still photos, but still didn’t reveal much of anything. I’m just saying this has that same feel to it.

A quick glance at TMZ has really built up my anticipation for the debuts of such fresh new characters as Katharine McPhee, Liberty Ross, Johnny Manziel, Floyd Mayweather, Deontay Wilder, V. Stiviano, Deadmau5 (a new droid?) and Scout Willis.

The X-Wing is a lot slimmer, more compact and has a different engine design-- possibly the newest model given its been 30 years?

Its engine intakes appear to be more in-line with McQuarrie's depictions.

http://www.miscellaneoushi.com/Clothes/tie/star_wars_death_star_xwing_ralph_mcquarrie_tie_fighter_1920x1080_wallpaper_8940/download_1920x1080

The sketchbooks are a wealth of design goodness, which the prequels only nibbled at. (And I assume the Lucasfilm Archives have far more comprehensive material available.) If this production is picking through that, I'm going to very, very happy.

Also, the Falcon looks like it is being built with the internal sets inside of the external one to make it as real as possible for the actors. IThe OT didn't even do that. What that means is, the cameras and lights will have to be rigged inside the small sets, which makes for a much more realistic look given that a lot of the lighting will have to be practical and built into the set.

The Firefly ship was built that way, with the movie lights built right into the set. Very efficient filmmaking design since they're making multiple movies.

Its engine intakes appear to be more in-line with McQuarrie's depictions.

http://www.miscellaneoushi.com/Clothes/tie/star_wars_death_star_xwing_ralph_mcquarrie_tie_fighter_1920x1080_wallpaper_8940/download_1920x1080

The sketchbooks are a wealth of design goodness, which the prequels only nibbled at. (And I assume the Lucasfilm Archives have far more comprehensive material available.) If this production is picking through that, I'm going to very, very happy.

IIRC, I think the EU made those sketches into the official design for the Z95 Headhunter.

My thinking as well, in the beginning, but Wookiepedia doesn't back that up. And it's now "Legends," so who knows.

An aside, I'd love to see any of Daley's work canonized, especially anything he brought to the Radio Dramas.

Here's a few images of McQuarrie's original sketches, the new X-Wing and fan renders of the Z95. The main reason I know this is when I was a kid I played a lot of the original Sw RPG. The main source book filled out the universe by taking tons of Star Wars concept art and calling them something else. The sketches of the early X-Wing by McQuarrie was basically called the precursor to the X-Wing and called the Z95 Headhunter.

When Zahn wrote Heir to the Empire, he used that sourcebook and EU-canonized a ton of that material.

I think this is really cool. It actually looks more advanced to me than an X-Wing as opposed to being a precursor. I think using untapped concept art (despite the EU) is a cool way to bring new stuff in.post-43313-0-24764100-1401852801_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.