Confirmed News: Standalone Films

Doze

Of all the solo movie ideas, Yoda is the worst. In the OT, only every fourth or fifth sentence was backward, while in the prequels it was every damn one. I don't think I could sit trough an entire movie of that. Plus, Yoda looking/acting young takes all the mystique away from the character.

WHY NOT A YOUNG LANDO MOVIE????

I think a Yoda origins story where Yoda is not the main character could be interesting. Tell the story from the point of view of those close to him.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I'd like a Boba Fett movie, but I'd want a way around the whole Logan/Morrison of it all.

I'd accept a recast for the roll, too. I was just saying Logan is about the right age. Personally, I like Jason Wingreen's voice as Fett, but since Morrison's voice was retconned, and he is still young enough to do the voice, he could do it. But I would be cool with a Wingreen sound-alike, too.

Ways I'd accept a Fett movie: He dies and someone (a daughter would be AWESOME) takes on his identity.

Ways I'd accept a Han Solo movie: It shows his time in the Imperial Academy.

I'm really wary of a Solo film because they're gonna screw with his backstory and it's one of the best things the EU ever gave us.

It's kind of ironic that I care so much about the EU but my opinions for these standalone films are "meh."

I would like to see a story line with someone new. Why do we need to take something old and change it. Na, give me something all new and if it flies then weave it into some other things. If it doesn't then it is a one off. Like movie Breakable, I like it for what it is but would not like to see it in any of the other Marvel movies.

My Obi-Wan day dream with Dagobah based Witches is a swerve title, btw. The Witches would be peaceful and good, very much Living Force believers, almost "Amazonian", maybe literally using the established swamp design of Dagobah and scaling it back a little to an area that is more rainforesty. These "Witches" would be a sect that left the Jedi Order when Yoda was younger, after they came to the realization the Jedi weren't listening to the Force but instead using it "for good" in ways how ever the Council and Republic asked. Obi-Wan and Yoda then become their students, prior to doom happening.

Quotes from Gray Whitta about Star Wars from the past.

First one it about the PT from 2008:

Guess what, those movies f*cking sucked too

Second one is about SW on Blu-ray Special Edition:

OG editions of Episodes IV, V and VI ACQUIRED! Ripping them to AppleTV this afternoon, then I plan to watch the trilogy the way I remember it! F*ck Lucas and his vandalized Blu-rays. He’s turned us all into scavengers, scraping around in the trash cans of the internet for our childhoods.

So I have to ask, Dose Gray Whitta post here one Nightly? lol

Found at: http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/05/star-wars-spin-off-writer-gary-whitta-speaks-his-mind-a-lot-seems-pretty-cool/

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.