alfonso cuaron to direct 'fantastic beasts'?

David

that's the rumor:

http://www.movieswithbutter.com/blogs/alfonso-cuaron-direct-harry-potter-spin-fantastic-beasts-777599?_r=true

while i'm completely on board with this, i'll still always think 'what could have been' if cuaron had directed just one more potter film. azkaban is just the best. still, looking forward to seeing the wizarding world expand with these films.

• 2 years later...

Is there no thread for Fantastic Beasts? Is this place really that dead? Liked it a lot, the first thirty minutes kind of meanders, but I like that it doesn't feel the need to hold your hand. Nice balance of mature themes and magical whimsy. This was even the first time I really enjoyed a Colin Farrell performance! The wonders!
One thing that bothered me was whoever that was playing the president of the magicus (or whatever it's called), she was awful. Maybe it was more glaring because of how good the acting was from everyone else, but geez. She was like a cardboard cutout with a speak-n-spell reciting the lines.

Overall I think it was pretty good but I actually think it did a better job of setting up the future movies than in being a great movie on it's own. My quesiton is this: If this movie takes place in 1926 and the duel between Dumbledore and Grindelwald takes place in 1945 then this series of movies will be pretty spread out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.