BF3 Fighter Squadron Mode

Doze

New BF3 Trailer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/6/5688648/star-wars-battlefront-e3-2014

Publisher Electronic Arts plans to show more from Star Wars: Battlefront, the DICE-developed game set in the Star Wars universe, at this year's E3, EA CEO Andrew Wilson said during an investor call today.

In response to a request for an update on EA's slate of Star Wars titles, Wilson said it expects to reveal more about the new Battlefront "and other new projects in development" at the annual game expo.

EA announced the new Frostbite-powered Star Wars: Battlefront at last year's E3, in the form a brief teaser trailer seemingly set on the frozen planet Hoth. The company expects to release the game, one of the first in its exclusive publishing agreement with Disney, as early as summer 2015. Other Star Wars titles are in development at EA-owned studios Visceral Games and BioWare.

Wilson said earlier in the call that Electronic Arts expects to show as many as six new titles at this year's E3 show.

EA has twitted that BAttlefront will come out December 2015.

Link: https://twitter.com/EA/status/527205661692555265

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Up Date for BF3

Found at: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/

According to Viktor Lundberg, one of the developers involved with the soundtrack-side of the game, a playable alpha and beta version of the game may already be available indeed. In a Twitter-post, the musician said he was looking forward to play-testing the title.

According to other sources, Battlefront may come with single-player mods, which may on one hand prevent many players from going online, while on the other, it may lay the foundations of a healthy and strong modding community, that would doubtlessly contribute to the longevity as well as the popularity of the game in a major way in the future. Whether the above are rumors rooted in fact or simple speculations, we’ll see in the rather distant future. Until then, we’ll probably be glad to continue snapping up bits of rumors from wherever they may originate…

• 3 weeks later...

I'm super stoked for this game. However I hope with all my heart that it's not just a Battlefield or Call Of Duty game with a Star Wars skin. That'd suck balls. EA and Dice have an opportunity to make something very special and unique and if they fuck this up there are going to be a lot of upset gamers and Star Wars fans. Judging by major developers' releases for next gen consoles (thus far) not delivering on promises or living up to the hype, I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

• 4 months later...

Link: http://gamerant.com/star-wars-battlefront-footage-shown-retailers/

Outside of some scant concept images and the expected developer spiel about reenacting the most iconic battles from the Star Wars universe, what we know about Star Wars: Battlefront is largely limited to what we would expect from a sequel to previous games in the series. However, that might be about the change.

According to a report from StarWarsHQ, footage from the new game was shown to retail representatives at a closed-door event held this week. With gameplay seemingly ready to be seen by eyes outside of the studio, could this mean that we’re close toBattlefront being shown off to the general public?

We know that DICE has been given access to sets being used forThe Force Awakens to take scans to use in the game. MightBattlefront be tied more closely to the movie than we know, leaving DICE restricted in terms of what they can reveal beyond the one trailer for the film we’ve seen thus far? We’ll just have to wait and see — but, hopefully, we won’t have to wait for much longer.

• 1 month later...

I have a bad feeling about this game. Think it's just gonna be Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. Also there is no campaign, it is only multiplayer. I bet game modes will be identical to battlefield since the same developer is responsible for both games. Battlefield hardline is shit so if that's anything to go by.... I really want it to be amazing... But it's just gonna be more of the same but dressed as starwars. Also there are no space battles, it's only planetary conflict which adds to my suspicion of it being battlefield re-skinned.

If it's only planetary conflicts does that mean they might be saving space battles for a future Rogue Squadron/Rouge Leader sequel? Those games were the s**t. Rouge Leader in particular felt the closest to being in one of the films more than any other SW game. (even if they were just simple arcade shoot em ups)

I would have to think that a movie about pilots would only add up to a space battle game.

Plus there is Y-wings and X-wings fighting in the trailer. So how do you get that there is no space battles? The game is months away... maybe they are going to give us more shots closer to November.

There are no space battles because they are using the BF4 engine. BF you can fly planes. Drive vehicles. Its not too much work to build star wars vehicles using the programming that is used in the BF series. And after Battlefield Hardline I don't have high expectations from Dice. Dont get me wrong Doze... I WANT this game to be awesome. But I caution against getting your hopes up because all I think it is gonna be is the Dice art department having a field day with Star Wars stuff. It'll play good for sure.. Battlefield is fun to play... but It wont be a game changer, or revolutionary or the next big thing. And when the DLC comes and there are no space battles you can think of me and get mad, get back on your hover bike and shoot some fleeing ewoks.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.