The Once and Future King

What's your favorite Mandard memory?

Meeting him in person at Star Wars Celebration III. It's not like he did anything outrageous or stupendous in front of us, but he's the highest-ranking Nightly official ever to attend a Nightly meet-up, and one of those I figured least likely ever to do so. It was cool and all, but...I dunno, it's hard to explain, but it was just weird.

What's your favorite Mandard memory?

Meeting him in person at Star Wars Celebration III. It's not like he did anything outrageous or stupendous in front of us, but he's the highest-ranking Nightly official ever to attend a Nightly meet-up, and one of those I figured least likely ever to do so. It was cool and all, but...I dunno, it's hard to explain, but it was just weird.

He paid for dinner! That was pretty awesome. He also brought us supplies so we could go wait in line to see George Lucas.

You know what? I don't even care, thyham. Right here, I'm going to openly admit that I don't care if you got edited unfairly.

I can't stand people who whine and moan and complain until they get whatever they want. I don't have tolerance for people like you. You go around being inflammatory and "controversial", goading and provoking people and being a general nuisance. You act like this strong, opinionated tough guy that nobody can push around.

And then you cry like a baby every time you can't get what you want.

I don't care, thyham. I don't care if Destiny unfairly edited your pic. You are the Boy Who Cries Wolf. You complain about EVERYTHING, but it never occurs to you that the problem is you. You dish it out, but you can't take it. You carry on here flaming and cursing and generally being as obnoxious as possible. You want to be the angry, opinionated, foul-mouthed, idealistic, provocative, outraged teenager? Fine. You do that. But guess what? You're going to be edited...A LOT. Don't come whining to me every time it happens.

So yeah, I'm going to ignore this and completely support Destiny and any other moderator who wants to delete you. I don't think I'll ban you, because I'd think you'd take some pleasure in that and I'd rather that you simply get edited and censored since that seems to be the punishment you do care about.

And yeah, I'm being completely unfair here, I'm abusing my power, blah, blah, blah and any other criticism you want to throw at me. Just for you, I'm going to be the anal, unfair, power-wielding Admin and tell you to shut up and stop whining.

Is that the one?

Ugh, I so regret not being able to come up with a good way to say "Hey mom, will you drop your 14 year old off downtown so he can meet a bunch of strangers he met on the internet?"

Mine was going to be, people may remember this, 'Dear, can I/we go to Los Angeles so that I can meet and party with a bunch of internet friends?'

You know what? I don't even care, thyham. Right here, I'm going to openly admit that I don't care if you got edited unfairly.

I can't stand people who whine and moan and complain until they get whatever they want. I don't have tolerance for people like you. You go around being inflammatory and "controversial", goading and provoking people and being a general nuisance. You act like this strong, opinionated tough guy that nobody can push around.

And then you cry like a baby every time you can't get what you want.

I don't care, thyham. I don't care if Destiny unfairly edited your pic. You are the Boy Who Cries Wolf. You complain about EVERYTHING, but it never occurs to you that the problem is you. You dish it out, but you can't take it. You carry on here flaming and cursing and generally being as obnoxious as possible. You want to be the angry, opinionated, foul-mouthed, idealistic, provocative, outraged teenager? Fine. You do that. But guess what? You're going to be edited...A LOT. Don't come whining to me every time it happens.

So yeah, I'm going to ignore this and completely support Destiny and any other moderator who wants to delete you. I don't think I'll ban you, because I'd think you'd take some pleasure in that and I'd rather that you simply get edited and censored since that seems to be the punishment you do care about.

And yeah, I'm being completely unfair here, I'm abusing my power, blah, blah, blah and any other criticism you want to throw at me. Just for you, I'm going to be the anal, unfair, power-wielding Admin and tell you to shut up and stop whining.

Is that the one?

Wow, that is some good shit right there. I don't know if I could ever do that. Of course, I have never had to come close. I am not an admin. I am just a moderator. But, Mandard has to/had to do what he had to do.

My favorite Mandard moment... or rather, Jimmy as we we all (or maybe just I all) called him... Would probably have to be how he would always turn up for the AIM chats, accept the invite and hang out in the chatroom and then just only say something once every 3 days.

Maybe that is more of a favorite Jimmy un-moment.

• 5 months later...

BUT WILL IT LAST!? WILL HE STAY!?

My favorite moment is a combo JA moment. Mandard, lacking any dedicated content-producing alternatives, opted to make Rock and I admins. He did so and gave us access before JA had his full response ready. We got to the admin forum in time to see it.

JA: Maedo!? Tank?! Really?

Mandard: Got any better ideas?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.