Watch_Dogs

Link

I'm with Torch. More eager for Dragon Age Inquisition, and Mass Effect 4 (under production but as yet untitled) and Fallout 4. Of all the games set in a contemporary (ish) setting I'm more excited about the Division than Watch Dogs.

I'm not a Dragon Age fan. Just couldn't get into it. So Inquisition has no real meaning for me. Haven't played much Mass Effect either. Fallout 4 on the other hand... Has this been officially announced? I'd preorder that in a heartbeat.

I'm not a Dragon Age fan. Just couldn't get into it. So Inquisition has no real meaning for me. Haven't played much Mass Effect either. Fallout 4 on the other hand... Has this been officially announced? I'd preorder that in a heartbeat.

It's kind of an open secret. Everyone is 99% sure it's in development but Bethesda has made no announcements yet. But after the Skyrim DLC was completed they hauled all their staff for another full time project (which wasn't elder scrolls online as that's a zenimax game an Bethesda is only distributing it). But Bethesda devs have dropped big hints to a fallout 4 game being in production, it was always their intention to make more, and recently Bethesda put a whole lot more fallout merch up on their store which you don't really do unless there is a new title on the way. Cause new Vegas was in what... 2008? I got a feeling it'll be on a modified frostbite 3 engine (which is off the hook). Can't wait to see a next gen visualisation of the fallout universe, will be amazing!!

Oh and Mass Effect rules, you should check them out.

You definitely need to play Mass Effect.

Fallout 4 is almost the worst kept secret in gaming. They won't acknowledge it exists, but I have no doubt they've been working on it for years.

As for Watch Dogs though, I've got it pre ordered. I HAD it pre ordered for the PS4 launch, but we all know what happened there. Looks fantastic, looks fresh and I am completely into that. Everything I've read about the game says that Ubisoft has clearly spent a lot of time and energy trying to make this game great. I like being able to tackle all the missions any way I want to with stealth or all guns blazing. Nothing but positive things so far.

• 1 month later...

Well the game is out what are your thoughts? I have it for the Xbox One. I have only played it once but it seemed alright. I have little time to spend on games so I only get a couple hours a week on a good week. I have Madden, NBA 2k, Rise, AC Black Flag and Watchdogs. Madden sucked Rise was OK, Black Flag is cool and NBA 2k is a very good game. I down loaded Killer Instinct but was not impressed.

I just beat the game last night. My thoughts throughout the whole thing were 'this is fine'. lol

In Black Flag I really felt like I wanted to find everything and do everything. That was not the case with Watch Dogs. I did the campaign and a few of the side missions as they came up, but I didn't search anything out. Didn't feel like the online stuff at all and hated all the criminal convoys. The driving mechanics seemed really weird to me and felt much worse than GTA V.

A lot of the main story missions were cool and the ability to infiltrate and clear a whole warehouse from a block away was awesome.

But overall it was just okay for me. It did a lot of stuff well but only the infiltration stuff I thought was great. I'd give it a 6.5/10. I probably won't be buying the next one.

Mmmm I'm not a fan of Ubisoft at the minute, tried playing AC:black flag but found it rather uninspiring, and I've heard watch dogs is not as good as that so...... Sad but it leaves me little hope for the Division which I really WANT to love.

Nothing really against what the game appears to be. I have four kids now (15yo son, 8yo daughter, 4yo son, 2yo son). I have to be super selective about what I invest my free time in. So I tend to select things that have dragons, tights and/or starships. lol

The 15-year-old should be ready to babysit so you can have more "me" time.

I've been playing this game on PC. My i5-2500k rig runs this game fine, but my Core 2 Quad rig is struggling with this game. Ubisoft recommends at least a Q8400 @ 2.66 Ghz, but I don't see how that setup could run this game, when my 3.38 Ghz Q9650 rig runs this game like crap.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I don't know what everyone was expecting from this game, but I know its gotten some negative feedback. And honestly I don't get all the Ubi-hate lately. There were some issues with Uplay when the game launched, but you know shit happens and they got it fixed so whatever. I think the game is ****ing fantastic. The driving is definitely different from GTAV but once I got the hang of it I was actually driving better than I usually did in GTAV. It just has a different feel too it. The cars feel heavier and once I got the feel for the physics I was flying. Of the side missions I mainly enjoy the gang hideouts and the fixer contracts. Racing through checkpoints to beat the ctOS scan can be insane amounts of fun. The vehicle takedowns during chases are also immensely satisfying. The infiltrations are definitely a lot of fun too. I don't really do the online multiplayer thing but I do have online invasions enabled, which I find oddly amusing, though they are fewer and farther between now than at launch. I have been doing mainly collecting and side stuff. Maxing my skills before really digging into the meat of the story. Hadn't had much opportunity to play up until my vacation last week and its pretty much all I did most days. I'd give it at least an 8 out of 10. I'll be playing it off and on for awhile.

- :green:

My Ubisoft hate comes from my opinion that Ubisoft makes average blockbuster games that suck. Like the whole assassins creed franchise. It's just kinda shit. Sure, it's well executed shit but it's still shit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.