Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Taker loss

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Darth Ender

Darth Ender

• Members
  • 479 posts

This might go down as a night to remember with all the rumors: he was legit injured and had to be rushed to the hospital...botched move at the beginning...Lesnar legit hurt him to steal the spotlight.  

What do you guys think?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,744 posts

Conspiracy theories are stupid. Wrestlers get hurt sometimes. Undertaker agreed before the match to end the streak. That's all there is to it.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
ITS STILL REAL TO ME
  • Ryn +1 this

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

It had to happen.  I don't think Brock should have been the guy to do it but at some point it had to end.  Really wish it would've been Punk.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,042 posts
Only way it works is if Brock starts to be around a bit more full time and we get a great Bryan vs Lesnar feud over the summer.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I would say no and yes to that. I don't think he needs to be around much, but he does need to job to DB.

Guys like Taker and Andre thrived on being special attractions, and I think Brock should do the same. He's one of those guys who's only good in small doses. He needs Heyman to get over and ultimately there's not much you can do with him.

I'm hoping they go straight to DB vs Brock, but they probably won't. My guess is that DB will feud with HHH /Orton/ bootista and then face Lesnar at Summerslam.

What's really going to be interesting to see is how well the company does with DB as champ. In spite of the whole yes thing he failed to draw money when he main evented that one PPV. You can blame the booking if you want, but the fact is that he's an unproven "top" guy. I'm pulling for him, though. Anybody but Cena.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,042 posts
Well, the PPV era is over. They don't need to sell them any more since the vast majority of people will have the network anyway. This could perhaps if they are smart allow them to take longer term views towards the product, rather than have to worry about selling a PPV with an established draw every month.

I've always thought the best way to gain fans is to make the current hard core fans happy. We all Im sure have many friends who used to watch wrestling, but stopped cause it sucks. However if the people who still watch like it, we can tell those friends, who then may give it a shot and if the show is good they will keep watching.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

I've always thought the best way to gain fans is to make the current hard core fans happy.

I'm actually surprised you said that. Guys like DB and Punk get the big pops but Cena is the cash cow, like it or not. In the old daysi the lines were less blurry, as the Stone Colds and Rocks were universally awesome. Not so much these days.

What I love about Bryan is that he's forced the Steamboat-Savage style past Hogan-Andre. You get the impression that Vince has finally bought into it, but the question remains: can Dabiel Bryan carry the company.

As I said before I'm really pulling for the guy, but I'm afraid his gimmick is gonna fizzle. Really hope I'm wrong, though, as guys like Lesnar, Wyatt, and even Punk could make Bryan's reign a good one.

The Stool Sample

The Stool Sample

Sexual Chocolate

• 5,843 posts

Pretty lame having the title of this thread be what it is. 

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Kinda smells like shti, actiually. Much like a stool sample.

The Stool Sample

The Stool Sample

Sexual Chocolate

• 5,843 posts

Ahuyck - but seriously - Spoiler tags, some of us don't get to watch it straight away. Was really lame to be spoiled because of browsing Nightly and seeing this on the front page. 

Every other site I knew to avoid, but I thought the desolate Nightly would be safe. Wrong. Lame.

Also, end of the streak is lame, but it was amazing, but it was lame, but amazing. 75,000 people in stunned silence (practically) - it was impressive - they really nailed it on this, even though the match itself doesn't rate like other Taker WM matches, this will go down in lore.

Question is, will we see Taker again? The way they sent him off made it seem like that was it.

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts

I'm pulling for Taker returning next year to face Sting. Sting has said he wants to retire against Taker, so I think one last Hurrah for both would be awsome.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I think he needs to pack it in. He looked slow and tired out there. Apparently he suffered a severe concussion and doesn't even remember most of the match. I think the world of him, but I think he's done enough. Time to move on.
  • Darth Ender +1 this