LOL $33,500.00 for Star Wars Action Figures

Doze

Sometimes I ponder if organized crime or terrorists or even the CIA or whatever is laundering/exchanging money thru these types of things.

eg. There are LEGO sets, also available at Walmart for $30, that are on Amazon and eBay with prices of thousands of dollars. Edit in: I should clarify that I have actually seen listed with [insert xAmount] Sold in the counter.

Unlikely, I suppose, but it could be a great plot point in a satire of crime/spy dramas.

Guest El Chalupacabra

HAHA! When I see that, I immediately think that this guy is selling his collection because his wife is making him, but he doesn't want to sell it. So, he goes on ebay to say to his wife he is trying to sell it, then asks a ridiculous price, to ensure he has plausible deniablity, and can honestly say "Look, I am trying to sell them, but no takers!"

Then I realize, a person such as this probably isn't married in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot of people out there who think their shit is valuable because it's their shit and they think the sentimental value can be translated into monetary values directly.

What do mint-in-box original Star Wars action figures go for these days? Not that I have any - I actually played with mine. I went through three Yodas in my childhood; kept losing him because he was so small. Broke one Darth Vader because I thought I could get his helmet off (must've tried after ESB). Strangely, there was no human head underneath the helmet. Then I lost Vader's cape, and broke off half his saber. He wasn't much of an intimidating Sith Lord after that.

There's a lot of people out there who think their **** is valuable because it's their **** and they think the sentimental value can be translated into monetary values directly.

This is pretty much every episode of that TV show Pawn Stars. Everyone thinks that person obsession + cool factor + being old = MONEY

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sometimes I ponder if organized crime or terrorists or even the CIA or whatever is laundering/exchanging money thru these types of things.

eg. There are LEGO sets, also available at Walmart for $30, that are on Amazon and eBay with prices of thousands of dollars. Edit in: I should clarify that I have actually seen listed with [insert xAmount] Sold in the counter.

Unlikely, I suppose, but it could be a great plot point in a satire of crime/spy dramas.

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/crime/lego-heists/

NOW WHO'S CRAZZY?! YES CRAZZY!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.