video game idea wish

RelentlessMalice

Actually-- what I like is coming back in style. I used to love old school Lucasarts graphic adventure games. Good stories and puzzles. Marrying that a 3rd person action game with minor RPG aspects just plain rules. Red Dead, GTA, Mass Effect...

My dislikes are mostly anything in first person and/or turn based

I wish someone would make a zombie apocalypse game where you travel through an abandoned world looking for loved ones far away.

The object of the game is to collect supplies so that each night you can fortify a building, shack or dwelling and repel attacks where the zombies attack weak points and if you aren't careful you will have to flee and find someplace else while being pursued. So its part tower defense like and 3rd or first person game. It requires strategy and is like a sandbox game.

This is the type of game I want to play.

Definitely check out State of Decay. I'm loving it. I've barely scratched the surface of the actual story cause I'm so busy dealing with zombies, hunting for supplies and finding other survivors. The tower defense aspect isn't heavy, but you do have to put in thought to your safehouses in terms of how you allocate resources like medical supplies, places for people to sleep, defenses, etc. If you don't do it right not only could zombies get in, but your people might start losing their shit and cause trouble.

Best zombie game I've ever played.

The problem is, outside of a few Star Wars titles, there have been VERY VERY FEW licensed video game adaptions that are worthwhile. In fact, most people avoid them on the assumption they will suck. Conversely, movies based on video games generally suck as well.

I think the worst aspect to first person shooter would be not being able to see where your legs are landing when you jump around. You just gotta jump in the general area of where you're going and hope for the best.

Now with a game like Super Mario, talk about sophistication. An inch in your trajectory makes all the difference if you're gonna hold onto the ledge or kick off the wall and do a back flip.

Another wish I've had forever is essentially Red Dead: Oregon Trail. 3rd Person, massive open world map, traveling the trail, historically right but with some fictional flair you know because this isn't an academic dissertation. You can have classes, semi-RPG like. You can then have vocations to add more twists to gameplay. You could have optional multiplayer modes by having players be other trailblazers, military, marshals, bandits, native tribes etc. if you do bandit stuff you get a rep, which can give a bounty, which lawmaker classes could hunt to keep the trail safe. All sorts of things. You have leaderboards for all sorts of stuff too. The main game is you and your created party going about the trail, but Red Dead Redemption style 3rd person old westy gameplay.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a new wish. I still have an xbox360 and I am not buying an xboxone.Most of the new games require over 4gb to play or xboxlive.

I do not want xboxlive and my console is a 4gb version. I want to play a game without spending more money to do so.

Ditto. My only console is an xbox360 4gb hard drive. I had xbox live but the few times I played on it I hated it because everyone I played against are muscle memory glitch b1tches.

I wish they'd make one of three types of games again:

Contra. Just shoot everything and try your best to survive. No life bars. No check points. No save points. No tedious inventory management or concepts like "ammunition conservation". Not every game needs to have 20 hours of cut scenes. No deep storyline. Just kill everything and save the planet. All you get are three lives and that's it. If you're lucky, you find a spread gun and don't die with it. You can bring a friend but it makes it harder not easier. You could use cheat codes, but you won't because it makes you feel like less of a man.

Kingdom under fire: heroes. Good combination of mindless button mashing melee and strategy. Highly customizable and upgradeable military with high degree of freedom. Good balance between needing sound strategy to succeed, but also having more than ten ways to skin a cat.

Might and Magic 6: mandate of heaven. Back when RPGs were good. All about character development and less about story progression. Stat min maxing. Skill point allocation. Lots of different equipment and ways to kit your characters with pros and cons to everything. High degree of freedom in the world, which was bright, colorful and beautiful. Simple gameplay, quick to learn, difficult to master the mechanics. No tutorials needed. The only storyline you get is a one minute movie in the beginning, that's it. Let the beautiful world before you stimulate your imagination. No need for cutscenes. Move at your own pace.

Sigh. I guess I'm just old school.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.