video game idea wish

RelentlessMalice

I wish someone would make a zombie apocalypse game where you travel through an abandoned world looking for loved ones far away.

The object of the game is to collect supplies so that each night you can fortify a building, shack or dwelling and repel attacks where the zombies attack weak points and if you aren't careful you will have to flee and find someplace else while being pursued. So its part tower defense like and 3rd or first person game. It requires strategy and is like a sandbox game.

This is the type of game I want to play.

Yeah, I'd love a zombie game with a big open sandbox world, like GTA. There doesn't need to be an over-arching plot beyond surviving. You could hole up, or travel the map-- travelling unlocking location specific storylines and characters to join your group.

I'd also like a good space/scifi open world game. Mass Effect is Close, but the missions/planets are a little on the rails.

It's not like GTA free play, but I watched part of it as my son played. It has gravitas and REALISM! Oh my! He ran out of ammo in the previous area and guess what... no ammo. So he picked up a rock and a stick in hopes of surviving the trip thru an infested zone. All the while he has a little girl in tow he's trying to protect.

BTW the Last of Us has been fast tracked, apparently, to be a movie. Sam Raimi is the director. Of course the girl in the game looks designed off of Ellen Page, but with her being 27 (and looking it) it'd be a tough sell to make her 15/16.

I'd go with Josh Brolin or Joe Manganiello as the lead (Joel) and then I would hope to get Kiernan Shipka as the girl (Elle).

The Last of Us bored me.

Beyond the uber good graphics and great voice-acting/storyline it was pretty much the same thing over and over again. Explore and area, hide from thugs, explore an area, hide from infected peoples.

I get that all games are pretty much rinse and repeat in some respects but it was just very....samey

Day Z is pretty much that open sandbox zombiepocalypse dream game. It exists, but is PC only. And it's permideath. Meaning you die, you lose your character and half to start from the beginning again with only a flashlight. It's MMO, and all the players are survivors. So anyone you meet in game (who is not a zombie)is another player somewhere. It's kind of like the Road. And it's open world.

But.. PC only.

• 1 month later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

Sadly, the game I will never get is KOTOR3 because the TOR MMORPG supersedes it. I had hoped that they would have made one more using the same engine as Mass Effect, with more free roaming. I would have even settled for an official KOTOR 2 expansion pack that restored cut content and added more content during the Exile's lost years. TOR was a mixed bag for me. I didn't like the resolution to the Revan arc, and I tried playing it but it was just too, well, MMORPG for me. I like stand alone RPGs.

• 4 months later...

I would have loved a Rome Total War 2 that didn't suck. The first one, with the big honking realism mod, is one of my favorite games ever. The second one is a train wreck.

Another Red Dead Redemption would be great. I have never been so emotionally invested in a game before.

For sure, Red Dead might just be the best game ever for me. I'm sure a sequel is in the works, but Rockstar takes their time. They remind me of Apple like that--do something groundbreaking, then years go by while everyone imitates them to the point of superseding them-- then they bust out the next thing that sets the bar to a new height.

I think more Celda is on its way with an older Link. Gonna look it up.

But dang, Tank beat me to the open-world space idea. I want something where it'd take a long time to travel from world to world so there would be room to encounter different monsters/comets and enemy ships along the way just like Wind Waker had you facing ships and monsters in the open seas. As you progress in the game you could travel through wormholes to return to old areas faster rather than having to travel all that distance all over again.

For sure, Red Dead might just be the best game ever for me. I'm sure a sequel is in the works, but Rockstar takes their time. They remind me of Apple like that--do something groundbreaking, then years go by while everyone imitates them to the point of superseding them-- then they bust out the next thing that sets the bar to a new height.

I think the devs hated it. Long, long work hours and awful deadlines, so I can see why they would throw up a middle finger to the idea of a sequel.

Also, hard to say if a sequel could surpass the first one. The story was very complete, combining elements from so many classic westerns. It would probably need to be a spiritual successor rather than a sequel, just how Redemption was to Revolver.

I very rarely play an RPG twice, but I've played Read Dead at least 3 times through. The last time I played through:

I took my time, and when he reunited with his family, I stopped advancing the story and just did all the little side quests. This went on for the in-game equivalent of months, and when everything was leveled up and there was literally nothing to do, it began to feel like a hollow existence. Death was waiting, and it was like the character and I both knew it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.