Chris Oakley Presents: Crosstime Superstars Wrestling

Chris Oakley

DEBUT CARD: March 15th, 2014 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

BRACKETS FOR OPENING ROUND OF CSW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT:

#1 Mr. Anderson vs. #16 Antonio Cesaro

#2 Daniel Bryan vs. #15 Buddy Rogers

#3 Goldberg vs. #14 Alberto Del Rio

#4 The Sandman vs. #13 Bully Ray

#5 Kevin Steen vs. #12 Hollywood Hogan

#6 Magnus vs. #11 Ron Simmons

#7 Bret "Hit Man" Hart vs. #10 Lou Thesz

#8 Randy Orton vs. #9 Stan "The Lariat" Hansen

BRACKETS FOR OPENING ROUND OF CSW TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT

#1 Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. #16 Da Baldies

#2 The British Bulldogs vs. #15 The Bro-Mans

#3 The Outsiders vs. #14 The Wild Samoans

#4 Bad Influence vs. #13 The Eliminators

#5 The Wolves vs. #12 Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

#6 Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns vs. #11 The Legion of Doom

#7 The Steiner Brothers vs. #10 Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish

#8 Edge & Christian vs. #9 The Midnight Express

Stay tuned for information on the brackets for the Iron Man and women's title tournaments.

BRACKETS FOR OPENING ROUND OF CSW WOMEN's TITLE TOURNAMENT:

#1 Lioness Asuka vs. #16 "Sensational" Sherri Martel

#2 Madusa Miceli vs. #15 Trish Stratus

#3 Gail Kim vs. #14 Brooke Tessmacher

#4 Mildred Burke vs. #13 Velvet Sky

#5 A.J. Lee vs. #12 Wendi Richter

#6 Candi Devine vs. #11 Beulah

#7 Lita vs. #10 Maria Kanellis

#8 Fabulous Moolah vs. #9 Dawn Marie

BRACKETS FOR OPENING ROUND OF CSW IRON MAN TITLE TOURNAMENT

#1 Samoa Joe vs. #16 Buff Bagwell

#2 Tommy Dreamer vs. #15 The Miz

#3 Diamond Dallas Page vs. #14 Wade Barrett

#4 Kerry Von Erich vs. #13 Ethan Carter III

#5 A.J. Styles vs. #12 The Honky Tonk Man

#6 "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. #11 Mick Foley

#7 Big E Langston vs. #10 Davey Richards

#8 Mr. Perfect vs. #9 Buck Zumhofe

Match recaps for all CSW championship tournament bouts will be posted beginning next Friday(hopefully).

CROSSTIME SUPERSTARS WRESTLING

Saturday Throwdown 3/15/2014(Premiere)

Main Event

CSW world title tournament first round match

Mr. Anderson vs. Antonio Cesaro

Undercard

CSW tag team title tournament first round match

The Brotherhood vs. Da Baldies

Daniel Bryan vs. Buddy Rogers

The British Bulldogs vs. the Bro-Mans

Goldberg vs. Alberto Del Rio

The Outsiders vs. the Wild Samoans

Sandman vs. Bully Ray

CST tag team title tournament first round match

Bad Influence vs. the Eliminators

Live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Your announcers: Joey Styles and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan

The show opens with a wide-angle exterior shot of the Brooklyn skyline followed by an interior clip of

a pyrotechnics display above the entrance to the Barclays Center locker room arena. Accompanying

this montage we hear Joey Styles’ opening commentary...

Styles: They call New York “the city that never sleeps”-- and that’s appropriate, because the level of

noise we’re about to make in here could keep anybody awake!

Cut to Styles and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan at the broadcast booth.

Styles: Welcome, everybody, to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and the premiere of CSW Saturday

Throwdown! I’m Joey Styles, and with me at ringside is Bobby “The Brain” Heenan...(Turns to Brain)I

think you’ll agree, Brain, we’ve got an action-packed lineup tonight!

Brain: That’s an understatement, Styles! They’re saying Mayor Bill DeBlasio may have to activate the

NYPD riot squad just to be sure these people get out of Barclays in one piece! The NBA might have to

cancel the rest of the Brooklyn Nets’ season!

Styles: Be that as it may, Brain, tonight’s main event is shaping up to be a blockbuster-- TNA’s own Mr.

Anderson will face former WWE United States champion Antonio Cesaro to see which one of them will

advance to the quarterfinals of CSW’s world heavyweight title tournament! In other world title tournament

first round action: ECW’s Extreme Icon the Sandman battles former TNA world champion Bully Ray, the

original Nature Boy Buddy Rogers squares off against Daniel Bryan, and WCW legend Goldberg will take

on former WWE world champion Alberto Del Rio!

Brain: Let’s not forget the start of the tag team title tournament! You’ve got Bad Influence taking on the

Eliminators, the Outsiders in a showdown with the Wild Samoans, the Bulldogs meeting the Bro-Mans,

and Cody Rhodes & Goldust going head-to-head with Da Baldies...and all of ‘em wanting to move on to

the next round and a shot at becoming CSW’s first tag team champs!

Styles: Speaking of the tag team titles, as you can hear from the blasting of “Devious” over the Barclays

Center PA, our opening match is Frankie Kazarian and Chris Daniels-- a.k.a. Bad Influence --getting it on

with John Kronus and Perry Saturn, the Eliminators, as we kick off both tonight’s premiere of Throwdown

and the first round of the CSW tag team championship tournament!

Fade to Bad Influence strutting down the entry ramp as ring announcer Dave Penzer starts his pre-match

introductions.

Brain: I don’t envy the Eliminators tonight! Like the song says, Bad Influence are devious and they’ll do

anything to win!

Styles: Kronus and Saturn aren’t exactly shrinking violets either, as I can attest from having called many

of their biggest matches in ECW....(Music switches to “Total Elimination” as the Eliminators charge up the

ramp and into the ring) Speak of the devil, here they come now!

Brain: Daniels and Kazarian aren’t wasting any time going after ‘em! This isn’t a wrestling match, it’s a

street fight!

CSW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH

Bad Influence vs. the Eliminators

Kazarian starts the match out for Bad Influence, locking up with Saturn of the Eliminators; Saturn’s size

gives him an early advantage over Kazarian and enables him to knock the Bad Influence member off his

feet. Kazarian barely manages to kick out of a cover attempt by Saturn and tag in Daniels, who tears into

Saturn like a mad dog....

Styles: Look at those rights by Chris Daniels!

Brain: I haven’t seen that many crosses since the last papal inauguration!

Styles: German suplex by Daniels on Perry Saturn! A legdrop on the former ECW tag team champion...

the cover...and Saturn just kicks out at two! He makes a hasty retreat to his corner and tags in Kronus!

Kronus levels Daniels with a series of clotheslines, then tries to put on a sleeper hold only to have the

Fallen Angel elbow him in the chest and drill him into the canvas with a DDT; after a pair of back-to-back

scoop slams he tags Kazarian back into the match. Kazarian doesn’t waste much time picking up where

Daniels left off, peppering Kronus with clotheslines and elbow smashes until Kronus is almost in another

world. With Kronus lying dazed and flat on his back, Kazarian tags Daniels in again....

Styles: Daniels peeling Kronus off the canvas-- and I think we know what’s coming next, Brain!

Brain: That we do, Styles!

Styles: Daniels sets up Kronus for the Angel’s Wings pedigree…and Kronus just gets drilled into the

canvas! The cover by Daniels….and Bad Influence moves on to the quarterfinals of our tag team title

tournament! Let’s get the official word from Dave Penzer...

Penzer(as camera zooms in on Daniels high-fiving Kazarian): Your winners, by way of pinfall, Bad

Influence!

Styles: Frankie Kazarian and Chris Daniels move on to the tag team tournament quarterfinals, where

they’ll face the winners of next week’s tag match between the Midnight Express and Edge & Christian!

WINNERS: Bad Influence with a pin by Christopher Daniels on John Kronus at 7:23.

Brain: Whoever wins the match between the Midnights and Edge & Christian next week is gonna have

their work cut out for ‘em! Kazarian and Daniels know every dirty trick in the book and have added some

of their own!

Styles: Yeah, but don’t forget, Brain, the Midnight Express have Jim Cornette as backup and Edge

& Christian have an incredible arsenal of aerial moves...anyway, before we get to our next bout, let’s

send you over to Michael Cole, who’s standing by right now with “Originial Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers!

Dissolve to Michael Cole(holding a wireless mic) standing beside Buddy Rogers in a hallway outside

the locker room area.

Cole: Buddy, tonight you’ve got a tough task ahead of you as you take on Daniel Bryan in your first

match of the CSW world title tournament, with the winner facing either Bret Hart or Lou Thesz two weeks

from now in the quarterfinals. Your thoughts?

Rogers: The pressure’s on them, not me-- tonight I’m going to make quick work of that glorified acrobat,

and in the quarterfinals no matter whether my opponent is Hart or Thesz I’m going to come out on top in

that match too.

Cole: Daniel Bryan is just one of the current WWE superstars taking part in the CSW world heavyweight

title tournament...another participant and active WWE star, Randy Orton, posted a comment over on the

official CSW Facebook page to the effect that you’re so far past your prime you should be sitting out on a

front porch in a rocking chair someplace. Your response?

Rogers: Whatever else happens, Cole, you can be sure of one thing: Orton is going to regret those words

the rest of his life....all five seconds of it. His match with Stan Hansen next week will seem like child’s play

by the time I’m done with him.

Cole: Strong words from Buddy Rogers...and with that, let’s send you back out to the ring as former TNA

world champion Bully Ray takes on legendary ECW icon the Sandman.

Cut to Anthony Chimel standing in the center of the ring.

Chimel: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament first

round match! (“Enter Sandman” starts blaring over the Barclays Center PA)Introducing first...weighing in

at 249 pounds and hailing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Sandman!

Styles: The three-time former ECW world champion is looking primed for action as he awaits the

arrival of former TNA heavyweight champion Bully Ray!

Brain: It’ll be like old home week for these two-- they’ve fought each other a million times! One-on-one,

tag team matches, six-man bouts, steel cage, battle royals, you name it! I’ll bet you’ve got a mile’s worth

of video of Sandman and Bully Ray going at it in an ECW ring...

Styles: Two miles, actually, Brain, but your main point’s absolutely right! Sandman and Bully Ray had

some legendary brawls in ECW in their day...(Music switches to “The Beaten Path”) And speaking of

Bully Ray, here comes the former TNA heavyweight champion now!

Chimel: His opponent...from the Red Hook section of Brooklyn, New York and weighing 347 pounds,

Bully Ray!

CSW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH

The Sandman vs. Bully Ray

Just as Styles and the Brain have suggested, the Extreme Icon and the ex-Aces & Eights president

tear into each other with a blind fury. They hit each other with everything but the kitchen sink during the

early minutes of this bout; by the five-minute mark it’s starting to look like the kitchen sink might come

into play too...

Styles: Referee Nick Patrick admonishing both men to ease up on the hardcore tactics, but they don’t

seem to be listening!

Brain: Of course not, Styles...they want to tear each other apart! Sandman’s desperate to climb up

the CSW ladder and Bully Ray has a lot of pent-up frustration to get out after losing his war with Mr.

Anderson!

Styles: Mr. Anderson scheduled to face Antonio Cesaro in tonight’s main event-- and now Sandman

and Ray are both out on the floor and in danger of getting counted out...

Brain: Like they care! The roof of this place could be collapsing and they’d keep fighting in the rubble!

Styles: You may be right, Brain...Sandman back in the ring now and just unloads on Bully Ray! A non-

stop barrage of fists by Sandman on the eight-time ECW tag team champion! Irish whip on Ray-- and he

reverses it and nails the Extreme Icon with a sidewalk slam!

With Sandman dazed, Ray capitalizes on the sidewalk slam by unloading a punishing legdrop on the

hardcore superstar; he then drags the Extreme Icon up to the top rope...

Styles: Bully Ray setting Sandman up for a brainbuster...

Brain: If he hits that move, Sandman’s toast!

Styles: Ray goes for the brainbuster...and Sandman blocks it!

Brain: I don’t believe it!

Styles: Neither does Bully Ray....the former Aces & Eights president tries a second time to apply the

Brainbuster-- and Sandman nails him with a kick to the midsection! DDT off the top rope!

Brain: That could be the opening Sandman needs to put this match away!

Styles: Sandman setting Bully Ray up for the Singapore Cane Shot...Ray reverses it and connects with

his patented full nelson driver! The cover...And Bully Ray has a date with either Kevin Steen or Hollywood

Hogan in the quarterfinals!

The Barclays Center crowd directs an avalanche of boos and catcalls at Bully Ray as the former TNA

world champion poses triumphantly over the sprawled-out, nearly unconscious Sandman. Grabbing the

mic from the ring announcer, he simultaneously calls out Kevin Steen and Hollywood Hogan, saying that

no matter which one of them prevails in their first round match next week, he’ll tear them apart like a wet

paper towel in the quarterfinals.

WINNER: Bully Ray by pinfall at 8:42.

Styles: Bully Ray throwing down the gauntlet to Hollywood Hogan and Kevin Steen....next week we’ll find

out which one of them picks it up!

Brain: Well, whoever it is, they’ll definitely have their work cut out for ‘em!

Styles: And on that note we send you to Mean Gene Okerlund, who’s standing by right now with Daniel

Bryan!

Fade to Mean Gene Okerlund and Daniel Bryan in the locker room area.

Mean Gene: Thank you, gentlemen...(turns to Bryan) Daniel, you’ve heard Buddy Rogers’ comments

earlier in this program-- what’s your response?

Bryan: If he wants to underestimate me, Gene, that’s OK...it just gives me extra motivation to win. From

the first day I stepped into the ring people have been selling me short, and I’ve still found ways to come

out on top. Tonight will be no different-- I’ll make Buddy Rogers eat his words and choke on every single

bite.

Mean Gene: Should you prevail tonight, you’ll be facing either Bret “Hit Man” Hart or Lou Thesz in the

world title tournament quarterfinals...your thoughts?

Bryan: I never take any match lightly, Gene, and I can promise you that no matter who I end up facing in

the quarterfinals I’ll come into the ring 100% percent ready for action.

Mean Gene: There you have it...and with those parting words, we’ll send you back to the ring for CSW

tag team tournament first round action as the Outsiders take on the Wild Samoans!

Cut to the ramp leading to the ring area as Hall and Nash step out from behind the curtain, accompanied

by Eric Bischoff sporting his trademark cheese-eating grin as Christy Hemme introduces them to a flood

of jeers from the Barclays Center fans.

Hemme: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW tag team title tournament first round

match! Introducing first, at a total combined weight of 612 pounds and accompanied by Eric Bischoff,

the Outsiders!

Styles: The Brooklyn crowd really getting on Scott Hall and Kevin Nash...

Brain: Good! Just hearing the names of those jerks makes me sick, and don’t even get me started on

Bischoff!

Styles: I don’t like him all that much myself, Brain...

Hemme: And their opponents, accompanied to the ring by Captain Lou Albano, at a total combined

weight of--(The introduction is abruptly cut short as Afa, Sika, and Albano charge the ring simultaneously

and start whaling on the Outsiders and Bischoff)

Styles: The Samoans not even waiting for the introduction to be finished before they go on the attack!

Hall and Nash are just getting hammered...(Cut to shot of Bischoff getting tossed onto the arena floor)

And there goes Bischoff over the top rope like a sack of potatoes! In the words of Jim Ross, business has

just picked up!

Brain: Has it ever!

The Outsiders vs. the Wild Samoans

While Bischoff staggers around the floor outside the ring apron like Charlie Sheen after eight shots of

tequila, Hall and Nash are taking a pounding from the Samoans that you wouldn’t wish on your worst

enemy. A flustered Mike Chioda has the unenviable task of trying to referee this match and at the same

time avoid getting tossed over the top rope himself...

Styles: It is absolute chaos in the ring right now...

Brain(as camera fades to shot of Albano pouring a cup of beer on Bischoff’s head): And it ain’t exactly

the picture of tranquility outside the ring either! This makes the Ukraine crisis look like a beach party!

Styles: The Samoans just manhandling the Outsiders right now...a punishing scoop slam by Afa on Scott

Hall!

Brain: Survey says Hall wants out of this match!

Styles: Somehow I doubt he’s going to get his wish...and Hall just barely manages to make it back to his

own corner and tag Nash in!

Brain: Nash can barely even stand up!

Styles: Bischoff now taking the fight to Captain Lou Albano! He nails the WWE Hall Of Famer with a

karate kick square to the face!(As camera follows Bischoff to the timekeeper’s table) What’s he up to

now?

Brain: Whatever it is, it can’t be anything good!

Styles: Bischoff’s reaching under the table for something, we can’t be sure what....(Camera zooms in on

what looks like a cattle prod) That had better not be what I think it is!

Brain: That looks like the same cattle prod Scott Hall used on Goldberg at Starrcade ’98!

Styles: Speaking of Goldberg, he’ll be in action later tonight to face Alberto Del Rio in another first

round match of our world title tournament-- Bischoff just jabbed Afa with the cattle prod! Nash setting

Afa up for the jackknife...and the Samoan goes crashing down to the canvas while Hall blocks Sika from

coming in to make the save! The cover...and the Outsiders have a date in the quarterfinals to take on the

winner of next week’s clash between the Legion of Doom and Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns from the

Shield!

WINNER: The Outsiders with a pin by Kevin Nash on Afa at 5:41.

To put it mildly, the fans at Barclays Center are not happy with the way this match turned out. A hail of

paper cups and popcorn boxes starts showering the Outsiders and Bischoff while Albano and Sika help

a dazed Afa out of the ring...

Styles: Folks, if you’re upset about the way this match ended you’re not alone! I’d personally like to wring

Eric Bischoff’s neck...

Brain: Your hands might slip on all that grease he’s got in his hair, Styles!

Styles: Anyway, we’re taking a break right now...when we come back, Goldberg faces Alberto Del Rio!

Fade to commercial.

To be continued...

Saturday Throwdown Premiere Part 2

As we return from the commercial break, we see Alberto Del Rio strutting down the aisle to the strains of

“Realeza” as Dave Penzer starts his pre-match introductions.

Penzer: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world title tournament first round match!

Introducing first....from San Luis Potosi, Mexico and weighing 268 pounds, Alberto Del Rio!

Styles: We’re back at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the Mexican aristocrat Alberto Del Rio gets set

to face legendary WCW juggernaut Goldberg!

Brain: Will all the cash Del Rio’s got, I don’t get why he doesn’t just hire somebody to wrestle this match

for him...

Styles: Simple, Brain, he wants the CSW world title and he wants it bad!

Brain: Well, if he gets past Goldberg tonight he’ll have either Magnus or Ron Simmons to deal with in the

quarterfinals...

Styles: Speaking of Simmons and Magnus, they’ll be going head-to-head next week when Saturday

Throwdown comes to you live from Madison Square Garden as the first round of the CSW world title

tournament rolls on! Also on next week’s card: the Midnight Express battle Edge & Christian in tag team

tournament action, Randy Orton faces Stan “The Lariat” Hansen, and two of the most iconic submission

specialists in wrestling history square when Bret “Hit Man” Hart takes on Lou Thesz!

Penzer(as camera cuts to Goldberg emerging from the locker room flanked by a half-dozen NYPD

officers): His opponent...(music switches to “Invasion”)....from Atlanta, Georgia and weighing in at 281

pounds, Goldberg!

Brain: Del Rio’s starting to look a little nervous...

Styles: Who wouldn’t when faced with the prospect of having to step in the ring with a juggernaut like

Goldberg!

Del Rio’s customary arrogance starts to dissolve when Goldberg climbs over the top rope and strides

toward the center of the ring to stare him down. It withers even further when the Georgia Bulldog deflects

an attempt by Del Rio to blindside the former WCW world champion. It disappears completely when, just

two minutes after the opening bell, Goldberg levels the former WWE heavyweight champion with a spear

hard enough to rattle the ringposts....

Styles: Devastating spear by Goldberg!

Brain: I’m surprised he didn’t take Del Rio’s head off!

Styles: The former WCW world heavyweight champion is setting the former WWE champion up for a

Jackhammer...and Del Rio goes crashing down to the canvas! The cover-- and Goldberg moves on to

the quarterfinals!

After the bell rings to end the match Del Rio, looking and feeling like an Abrams tank ran over him,

rolls out under the bottom rope and staggers back to the locker room as fast as his wobbly legs can

carry him. Goldberg stands in the center of the ring, wireless mic in hand, and bellows “Who’s next?”

as the Barclays Center crowd erupts in a standing ovation.

WINNER: Goldberg by pinfall at 2:05.

Cut back to Styles and Brain at the broadcast booth.

Styles: With Goldberg punching his text to the next round of our world title tournament, the question now

is who he’ll be facing in that round....and we’ll get our answer next week when current TNA heavyweight

champion Magnus battles WCW legend Ron Simmons as Saturday Throwdown comes to you live from a

sold-out Madison Square Garden! Also on next week’s card: Kevin Steen takes on Hollywood Hogan with

the winner meeting Bully Ray in the world title tournament quarterfinals; Bret “Hit Man” Hart faces former

NWA world champion Lou Thesz; Randy Orton battles Stan “The Lariat” Hansen; and in more CSW tag

team title tournament action the Steiner Brothers square off with current Ring of Honor tag team champs

Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish while the Legion of Doom go toe-to-toe with the Shield’s Dean Ambrose and

Roman Reigns!

Brain: You can just pencil the Steiners into the quarterfinals right now, Styles-- O’Reilly and Fish haven’t

got a chance against ‘em! Scott Steiner’s a human wrecking ball and Rick’s just plain crazy! Now Legion

of Doom against the Shield, there’s a match...

Styles: You may be right, Brain-- between the size and strength of Hawk and Animal on one side and

the methodical ruthlessness of the Shield on the other, it’s anybody’s guess who’s going to win that bout!

And speaking of the tag team tournament, it’s time to send you back to the ring as the British Bulldogs

face the Bro-Mans!

Cut to Jessie Godderz and Robbie E walking down the aisle as Anthony Chimel starts his pre-match

introductions.

Chimel(as the Bro-Mans’ entrance theme plays over the Barclays Center PA): The following contest, set

for one fall, is a CSW tag team championship tournament first round match! Making their way to the ring

area, at a total combined weight of 543 pounds, Jessie Godderz and Robbie E, the Bro-Mans!

Brain: They don’t look too worried, do they?

Styles: The two-time and reigning TNA tag team champions looking supremely confident as they step into

the ring to await the arrival of the British Bulldogs! But they can’t afford to get too confident, or their run in

the tournament could come to a very quick end! Looking at Jessie and Robbie right now, I’m reminded of

Beefcake and Valentine’s cocky attitude going into their WWE tag team title bout against the Bulldogs at

Wrestlemania II-- that attitude came back to bite them but GOOD, and the same thing could well happen

to the Bro-Mans unless they stay focused...

Chimel(as music switches to “Rule Britanna”): And their opponents...accompanied to the ring by Matilda,

at a total combined weight of 561 pounds, Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith, the British Bulldogs!

Styles: The Brookyn crowd is pumped up for the arrival of the Bulldogs...

The British Bulldogs vs. the Bro-Mans

A smug Robbie E struts up to Dynamite Kid and starts taunting him, telling him the Bulldogs might as

well just go home because the Bro-Mans will run over them like a steamroller. Dynamite Kid just stands

there in the center of the ring not giving any sign he’s listening to any of Robbie’s insults...that is, until

Robbie makes the mistake of poking Dynamite in the chest. Quicker than you can say “early exit”, Robbie

finds himself on the receiving end of a ferocious uppercut from Dynamite...

Brain: For Robbie’s sake I hope there’s an all-night dentist’s office here in Brooklyn, because he’s going

to need some major dental surgery after that punch by Dynamite!

Styles: Another uppercut by Dynamite-- and a devastating suplex! There’s the tag to Davey Boy Smith,

and this match could be over almost as soon as it started!

Brain: Well, you know what they say, Styles...hell hath no fury like an angry bulldog!

Styles: Davey Boy picks Robbie up for the running powerslam...and Robbie just gets planted into the

canvas! 1--2--3! The Bulldogs advance to the tag team tournament quarterfinals!

Chimel(as camera cuts to a frustrated Jessie Godderz slamming his fist against the turnbuckle): Your

winners, the British Bulldogs!

Styles: Like you suggested, Brain, the Bro-Mans’ arrogance backfired! They cost themselves a chance

to pull off the upset with that childish stunt Robbie E pulled...and now the Bulldogs will await the winners

of next week’s match between the Steiners and O’Reilly & Fish!

WINNERS: The British Bulldogs with a pin by Davey Boy Smith on Robbie E at 0:45.

Styles: Folks, we’re going to take a quick break....when we come back Daniel Bryan takes on the original

Nature Boy, Buddy Rogers!

Fade to 30-second promo for March 22nd episode of Saturday Throwdown.

As we return from the break we see Buddy Rogers strolling down the aisle to the sounds of “Alley Oop”

by the Hollywood Argyles as Christy Hemme starts the pre-match introductions.

Hemme: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament first

round match! Introducing first, from Camden, New Jersey and weighing 264 pounds....the Original Nature

Boy, Buddy Rogers!

Styles: Now we’ll see if Buddy Rogers can make good on his promise to take out Daniel Bryan tonight...

Brain: I wouldn’t be surprised if he does-- Rogers was one of the greatest NWA world champions ever,

and he was the first to hold what’s now the WWE championship. Some interesting stuff will go down in

this bout, I can guarantee you that....

Hemme(as music switches to “Flight Of The Valkyrie”): And his opponent, from Aberdeen, Washington

and weighing in at 212 pounds...Daniel Bryan!

Styles: A deafening ovation from the Barclays Center crowd for the former WWE world, United States,

and tag team champion....fans of the “Yes!” movement out in force tonight to support Bryan as he faces

Rogers for a spot in the tournament quarterfinals!

Brain: The most “Yes!” men you’ll see anywhere outside of a Vladimir Putin cabinet meeting!

Styles: Bryan looking intense and focused as he gets set to...Buddy Rogers not wasting any time going

after him! A vicious clothesline by the Original Nature Boy!

Brain: I could feel the ring shake from here!

Daniel Bryan vs. “The Original Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers

Rogers is relentlessly, almost primally aggressive in the opening minutes of this match; he peppers Bryan

with a relentless barrage of clotheslines, elbow drops, and dropkicks along with a headbutt or two. At one

point it looks like this bout might be over in a hurry as Rogers suplexes Bryan smack into the ringpost and

goes for the cover. True to form, however, Bryan kicks out at two and a half and starts mounting a serious

attack of his own on Rogers...

Styles: Daniel Bryan just hammering Rogers with a series of roundhouse rights! Irish whip into the ropes,

followed up by a devastating forearm smash to the chest!

Brain: No wonder they used to call this guy the American Dragon on the indy circuit-- he’s breathing fire!

Styles: Russian leg sweep by Bryan...Rogers is practically in another world by now! Bryan going up to the

top rope-- NOBODY HOME! Rogers just gets out of the way of the splash at the last second!

Brain: How’d he have the presence of mind to do that, Styles?!!

Styles: Search me, Brain! Rogers going back on the attack against Daniel Bryan-- a short clothesline and

a DDT!

Brain: I do NOT like Bryan’s chances right now...

Styles: Just a hunch, Brain, but I’m guessing he doesn’t like them much either! Rogers setting Bryan up

for a neckbreaker...and somehow Bryan blocks it! Now it’s Buddy Rogers’ turn to be surprised!

Brain: This kid just does not know the meaning of the word “quit”!

Styles: Neither does Rogers, apparently, because he’s going for the neckbreaker again....this time Bryan

stops him with a kick to the midsection! And a beauty of a German suplex!

While Rogers is trying desperately to clear his head, Bryan pounces on him and applies the Yes Lock;

after a minute of sheer excruciating agony, the Original Nature Boy has no choice but to tap out. As soon

as the bell rings to end the match the Barclays Center erupts with insanely loud pops, followed by chants

of “YES!YES!YES!”.

WINNER: Daniel Bryan by submission at 10:14.

To be continued...

Saturday Throwdown Premiere Finale

Styles: While we’re trying to catch our breath, let’s do a quick review of where things stand with the world

and tag team title tournaments...In the quarterfinal round of the world title tournament Bully Ray will battle

the winner of next week’s Kevin Steen-Hollywood Hogan match, Daniel Bryan is slated to face the winner

of the Bret Hart-Lou Thesz first round bout, and Goldberg will be taking on the winner of the Magnus-Ron

Simmons showdown; in the tag team title tournament quarterfinals Bad Influence will face the winners of

next week’s match between their TNA archrivals the Wolves and Playboy Buddy Rose & Pretty Boy Doug

Somers, the Outsiders will square off with either the Legion of Doom or Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns,

and the British Bulldogs have an appointment to take on the winners of the first round battle between the

Steiner Brothers and Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish!

Brain: Don’t go away, folks, there’s still a ton of action left to see on tonight’s show...

Styles: Right you are, Brain, and on that note let’s head back to the ring as the top seeds in the tag team

title tournament, Cody Rhodes and Goldust, get ready to take on Tony DeVito & Angel, also known as Da

Baldies! Justin Roberts with the intro....

Cut to Justin Roberts in the center of the ring as “King Of The Streets” blasts over the Barclays Center

PA.

Roberts: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW tag team title tournament first round

match! Introducing first, at a total combined weight of 572 pounds and accompanied to the ring by Vic

Grimes, Tony DeVito and Angel-- Da Baldies!

Styles: DeVito and Angel getting a less than cordial reception from the fans here at the Barclays Center...

Brain: They probably feel like Ronald McDonald walking into a PETA convention!

Roberts(as music switches to “Gold & Smoke”): Their opponents...accompanied to the ring by “The

American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, at a combined weight of 532 pounds, Cody Rhodes and Goldust, the

Brotherhood!

Styles: The former WWE tag team champions look jacked up....and they’re not wasting any time going

after DeVito and Angel! Dusty brawling with Vic Grimes near the steel steps!

Brain: It’s all-out war in that ring, Styles!

The Brotherhood vs. Da Baldies

The Brain has hit the nail right on the head; it definitely is all-out war in the ring....and outside it too for

that matter as Dusty Rhodes slams Vic Grimes’ head into the steel steps not once, not twice, but four

times. DeVito staggers to his corner like Barney Gumble after six beers while Angel finds himself on the

receiving end of the kind of beatdown he’s usually dishing out...

Brain: Whatever you might say about the Rhodes family, Styles, one thing’s for sure-- they do NOT back

off from a fight!

Styles: They’re certainly not backing off from this one...a beautifully executed Samoan drop by Cody

Rhodes on Angel! Cody tags in his brother, and now we see Goldust with a ferocious legdrop!

Brain: Can you believe how much facepaint he’s got on? Even Kris Jenner doesn’t spend that much time

in front of the mirror!

Styles: Well, beneath that facepaint lies one of the most gifted ring technicians on Earth...snap suplex by

Goldust!

Brain: No matter how this match ends, DeVito and Angel will wake up tomorrow morning with Excedrin

headaches number one through ninety-eight!

Styles: Make that ninety-nine, Brain....Goldust just slingshotted Angel into the ringpost! Now he’s going

for a Stinger splash-- AND ANGEL JUST ESCAPES AT THE LAST SECOND! Angel makes a beeline for

DeVito...and there’s the tag!

DeVito jumps into the ring and plows over Goldust like a runaway Mack truck. Mercilessly pounding away

on the Bizarre One, he takes advantage of Vic Grimes’ brief distraction of referee Marty Miller to pick up a

pair of brass knuckles from Angel. Unfortunately for DA Baldies, though, no sooner does DeVito have the

knucks in his hand than...

Styles: Marty Miller sees the illegal object in Tony DeVito’s hand and calls for the bell!

Roberts(as camera cuts to Angel and Grimes staring at each other in disbelief): Your winners, as the

result of a disqualification, the Brotherhood!

Styles: The Baldies obviously unhappy with the outcome of this match, but they only have themselves to

blame...

Brain: That’s DeVito and Angel for you, long on guts and short on smarts!

Styles: Security coming out to ringside to escort Grimes, Angel, and DeVito back to the locker room....

(Fade to Antonio Cesaro standing near the curtain separating the locker room area from the ring)Right

there we see former WWE United States champion Antonio Cesaro, one of the participants in our main

event, waiting to be introduced by Howard Finkel....(Cut to Finkel standing in the center of the ring)Looks

like we’re ready to go!

Finkel: The following main event, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament

first round match! (Cut to Cesaro, Jack Swagger, and Zeb Colter marching toward the ring as “Patriot”

starts blaring over the PA) Introducing first, accompanied to the ring by Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter...

from Lucerne, Switzerland and weighing 238 pounds, Antonio Cesaro!

Styles: Cesaro and his Real Americans cohorts getting a less-than-warm reception from the fans in

Brooklyn...

Brain: Somebody needs to get Zeb Colter the sharpest razor they can find so he can get rid of that

third-rate imitation ZZ Top mustache...it looks ridiculous!

Styles: I think he’s got bigger things on his mind right now, Brain...

Finkel(as music switches over to “Feedback”): And his opponent...(camera zooms in on Samoa Joe

and Kurt Angle walking beside Mr. Anderson)From Green Bay, Wisconsin and weighing 247 pounds,

Mr. Anderson!

Brain: Wow, looks like Anderson brought some backup of his own!

Styles: And not just any backup...two former TNA champions, one of whom is set to compete in our

Iron Man title tournament a few weeks from now!

Mr. Anderson vs. Antonio Cesaro

At the sight of Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle coming to ringside, Colter and Swagger decide discretion

might be the better part of valor and retreat to Cesaro’s corner. Cesaro himself, meanwhile, just gives

the Samoan Submission Machine and the Olympic Hero a contemptuous glare before taking a swing at

Anderson; Anderson ducks out of the way of the punch and levels Cesaro with a headbutt...

Brain: He almost made Swiss cheese out of Cesaro with that move!

Styles: Anderson going to town on Cesaro, unleashing some of the rage left from his recent war with

Aces & Eights....devastating scoop slam!

Brain: This one could be over early!

Styles: Especially if Samoa Joe gets a hold of Zeb Colter...and Cesaro nails Anderson with a clothesline!

Brain: I sure felt that one, Styles!

Styles: I think they felt it on the Jersey shore, Brain...the former WWE United States champion now going

for his patented Cesaro Swing-- Anderson blocks it! He tries to apply it a second time, but Anderson now

has his second win and gives Cesaro a rake to the eyes! (Pan to Kurt Angle clocking Jack Swagger right

into the stands)Angle giving Swagger the business! (Cut to Samoa Joe chasing Zeb Colter back towards

the locker room area) Colter running for his life from Samoa Joe!

Brain: It’s just Anderson and Cesaro now!

Styles: Which is exactly how Anderson likes it! The former TNA heavyweight champion trading punches

with Cesaro...and there’s a beauty of a dropkick!

Brain: Wanna know what’s coming next? I’ll sum it up in two words: “Mike Check”!

Sure enough, seconds later Anderson hits the Mike Check and knocks Cesaro out cold; as soon as

referee Randy Anderson finishes the three-count, the crowd erupts in a standing O. Anderson gets on

the top turnbuckle to acknowledge the cheers as we roll the end credits.

WINNER: Mr. Anderson by pinfall at 5:42.

Fade to black.

Saturday Throwdown 3/22/2014(Episode 2)

Main Event

“The Viper” Randy Orton vs. Stan “The Lariat” Hansen

Undercard

The Midnight Express vs. Edge & Christian

Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Lou Thesz

The Steiner Brothers vs. Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish

Magnus vs. Ron Simmons

The Legion of Doom vs. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns

Hollywood Hogan vs. Kevin Steen

The Wolves vs. “Playboy” Buddy Rose and “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers

Live from Madison Square Garden in New York City, N.Y.

The show opens with a montage of highlights from the Saturday Throwdown premiere, then fades to

Joey Styles and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan at the broadcast booth.

Styles: Last Saturday we began the tournament to crown CSW’s first world heavyweight and tag team

champions! Of the eight slots in the quarterfinal round, four have now been filled up, and tonight we’ll find

out who will take the remaining four! Welcome, everyone, to the World’s Most Famous Arena and another

edition of Saturday Throwdown! I’m Joey Styles along with Bobby “The Brain” Heenan...Brain, it’ll be hard

to top the insane action that went on at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn last Saturday, but tonight’s lineup

still promises to be amazing!

Brain: You can say that again, Styles...just take a look at the main event! On one side you’ve got Randy

Orton, who’s incredibly ruthless and aggressive, and on the other you’ve got Stan Hansen, who’s flat out

crazy and isn’t afraid of anything or anybody!

Styles: Also on tonight’s card, Hollywood Hogan battles Ring of Honor bad boy Kevin Steen decide who

will be Bully Ray’s opponent in the world title tournament quarterfinals, current TNA heavyweight champ

Magnus faces Ron Simmons with the winner taking on Goldberg next week, and Bret “Hit Man” Hart

squares off against Lou Thesz with the winner getting a shot at Daniel Bryan in the quarterfinals! Plus

the tag team title tournament first round continues as the Midnight Express meet Edge & Christian, the

Legion of Doom battle Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns, the Wolves face “Playboy” Buddy Rose and

“Pretty Boy” Doug Somers, and the Steiner Brothers take on current Ring of Honor tag team champions

Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish!

Brain: Can you imagine how nuts the fans’ll go if the Steiners win tonight? The Steiners and the Bulldogs

were two of the biggest tag teams of the ‘80s, and people have often wondered who’d come out on top if

Rick and Scott went head-to-head with Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith...

Styles: We may not to have to wait that much longer for the answer to that question, Brain-- and in the

meantime, let’s go to Justin Roberts for the introductions in our opening bout!

Cut to Justin Roberts in the center of the ring.

Roberts: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW tag team title tournament first round

match! (Walter Murphy’s “A Fifth Of Beethoven” starts playing over the Madison Square Garden PA)

Introducing first, accompanied to the ring by Sherri Martel, at a total combined weight of 643 pounds,

the team of “Playboy” Buddy Rose and “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers!

Brain: Nobody can accuse these guys of being picky eaters, that’s for sure!

Styles: I’ll say...Rose looks like he ate the entire breakfast menu at Subway!

Roberts(as music switches to the Wolves’ TNA theme): And their opponents...at a total combined weight

of 422 pounds, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, the Wolves!

Styles: A standing ovation from the MSG crowd for the former TNA tag team champions....(camera pans

to Sherri Martel trading insults with Richards)Sherri with some not-very-cordial words for Davey Richards

as we wait for the bell to ring to officially start this tag team championship tournament first round bout...

“Playboy” Buddy Rose & “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers vs. the Wolves

To say the least, Rose and Somers have a bit of problem coping with the quick tags and red-hot in-ring

speed of Richards and Edwards; outside the ring, Sherri keeps trying to grab Richards by the leg only to

have Richards elude her at the last second. Twice in the first five minutes Somers gets knocked from the

ring apron onto the floor...

Brain: Timber!

Styles: Doug Somers not having a good night so far...(Sherri yells an insult at Styles off-camera) Put a

lid on it, Sherri! Up in the ring, meanwhile, Richards tags in Eddie Edwards again, and Edwards delivers

a thunderous dropkick on Boddy Rose!

Brain: Rose keeps saying he only weighs 217 pounds, but from where I’m sitting it looks more like 217

tons...

Styles: Eddie Edwards going for a German suplex-- AND LOSES HIS BALANCE! BUDDY ROSE ON

TOP OF HIM! 1--2-- and Edwards just manages to kick out before the 3!

Brain: What an upset that would have been if Rose had gotten the pin!

Styles: Edwards wisely tagging Davey Richards back into the match...and Richards levels Rose with a

devastating clothesline!

Richards climbs up to the top turnbuckle and, as a horrified Sherri Martel looks on and Eddie Edwards

yanks Doug Somers off the ring apron to keep him from interfering, hits Rose with a shooting star press

to get the three-count and secure a spot in the tournament quarterfinals against Bad Influence.

WINNERS: The Wolves with a pin by Davey Richards on Buddy Rose at 6:48.

Fade to shot of Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns talking to Seth Rollins in the locker room area.

Styles: There you see the Shield gearing up for what promises to be a wild showdown against the Legion

of Doom....the winners, or maybe I should say survivors of that match will take on the Outsiders in the tag

team title tournament quarterfinals. But right now let’s go to Mean Gene Okerlund, who’s standing by with

current TNA heavyweight champion and number six CSW world title tournament seed Magnus!

Cut to Mean Gene Okerlund standing beside Magnus.

Mean Gene: Thank you, gentlemen...with me now is a man who is starting the tournament with one

heavyweight title and hopes to finish it with two, current TNA world champion Magnus! Magnus, you’ll

be facing legendary WCW powerhouse and Florida State alumni Ron Simmons in tonight’s first round

match, and if you win that contest you’ll be meeting Goldberg in the quarterfinals....your thoughts?

Magnus: Only that it’ll be refreshing to step into the ring for once without having to worry about MVP

giving me the shaft. Tonight I’ll take Simmons apart like he was an Erector set, and then when I get to

the quarterfinals I’ll knock Goldberg off his pedestal. After that, it’ll be smooth sailing the rest of the way

to the CSW world title....

Mean Gene: I wouldn’t be so quick to count my chickens, Magnus...there are at least two or three other

men who will have something to say about where the belt ends up. To name just one example, current

WWE champion Randy Orton...

Magnus: Bugger Orton. I’ve beat jobbers who were better than him, and if by some miracle he manages

to get past Stan Hansen tonight I’ll show him just how washed up he is. (Walks off camera)

Mean Gene(Turning back towards camera): Magnus throwing down the gauntlet to the rest of the field

in the CSW world title tournament....and with that we send you back to the ring as Kevin Steen takes on

Hollywood Hogan!

Fade to Lillian Garcia starting pre-match introductions as “Unsettling Differences” blasts from the Garden

PA.

Garcia: The following bout, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament first

round match! Introducing first, from Marieville, Quebec, Canada and weighing 244 pounds...Kevin Steen!

Styles: Kevin Steen looks ready to go to war...

Brain(as camera zooms in on Steen posing in the aisle): The shirt says it all: “Fight Steen Fight!” And

that’s exactly what he does! He’ll take on anybody....Magnus, Orton, Hogan, Anderson, Rogers, you, me,

the guy selling hot dogs in the stands, President Obama-- hey, I’m surprised he didn’t challenge one of

the security guards!

Styles: Kevin Steen unquestionably one of the most combative men Ring of Honor has ever produced...

his battles with Steve Corino and Matt Hardy were absolutely brutal! And his showdown with Hollywood

Hogan tonight doesn’t look to be much different!

Garcia(as music switches to “Rockhouse”): His opponent...accompanied to the ring by Eric Bischoff, from

Venice Beach, California and weighing 304 pounds, Hollywood Hogan!

Styles: The mastermind of the New World Order and his chief enforcer coming to the ring for what will no

doubt be one of the roughest matches of both men’s careers-- Steen not even waiting for the bell to ring!

He pounces on Hogan as soon as Hogan steps over the ropes! The former WCW and WWE heavyweight

champion trapped in the corner!

Kevin Steen vs. Hollywood Hogan

At first it looks like this match might be over in a hurry as the former Ring of Honor heavyweight champion

pounds Hogan like Buddy Rich in a drumming contest. Hogan’s phenomenal aggressiveness soon begins

to reassert itself, though, and Steen is driven back into a neutral corner....

Styles: Hogan in a blind rage about Steen’s early attack on him...

Brain: That’s rich coming from a guy who goes around spray-painting guys and bashing them over the

head with baseball bats!

Styles: Devastating slam by Hogan on Steen! (Cut to Eric Bischoff in Hogan’s corner yelling “Get him!”)

Bischoff screaming at Hogan to get Steen…

Brain: Look at that face! Hogan’s nuts! He’s absolutely rabid!

Styles: Elbow drop by Hogan, and he follows it up with a German suplex! The cover-- 1…2…and Steen

kicks out! The winner of this match will take on Bully Ray next week in the tournament quarterfinals when

Throwdown comes to you from Boston’s Agganis Arena!

Brain: If either one of these guys can even make it out of the dressing room by then!

Styles: Hogan Irish whips Steen into the corner…going for the Avalanche on the ROH superstar…and

misses! Steen rolls out of the way at the last second!

Brain: This might be just the break Steen needs!

Styles: Steen taking the fight to Hogan once again, showering him with roundhouse rights and uppercuts!

Brain: That’s it, Steen! Take him apart!

Styles(as Bischoff jumps up on the ring apron): I don’t believe this! For the second straight week Eric

Bischoff is trying to screw somebody out of a CSW title shot! Steen’s distracted….(Cut to Steen nailing

Bischoff with a superkick to the jaw)But not for long! He takes out Bischoff! And now an enzaguri takes

Hogan down!

As a dazed Eric Bischoff tries to pick himself up off the floor, Steen hits Hogan with a package piledriver

to get the 1-2-3 and the victory. A sizable contingent of ROH fans at ringside waves a sign reading “WIN

STEEN WIN”; Steen acknowledges them with a brisk nod and raised-fist salute before exiting the ring and

heading back to the locker room.

WINNER: Kevin Steen by pinfall at 7:42.

Cut to Styles and Brain back at the broadcast booth.

Styles: A wild start to tonight’s action, and we’ve got plenty more where that came from! When we come

back from the commercial break, the Legion of Doom will face Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns of the

Shield in a continuation of the first round of the CSW tag team title tournament!

Brain: That’ll be a barn-burner!

Styles: Also on tap, Magnus battles Ron Simmons for a shot at Goldberg in the CSW world heavyweight

title tournament quarterfinals…Don’t go away!

Fade to commercial.

Saturday Throwdown Episode 2 Part 2

As we return from the commercial break we see Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins

weaving their way through the crowd as “Special Op” blasts over the PA and Bob Caudle starts his

pre-match introductions.

Caudle: The following bout, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW tag team championship tournament first

round match! Introducing first, accompanied to the ring by fellow Shield member Seth Rollins...at a total

combined weight of 521 pounds, the team of Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns!

Styles: We’re back live from Madison Square Garden, and as you can hear by the background music

we’re about to see Dean Ambrose and the Legion of Doom square off for a spot in the CSW tag team title

tournament quarterfinals...

Brain: Nice outfits Ambrose and Reigns are wearing...who’s their wardrobe coordinator, the NRA?

Styles: What amazes me is that they can actually compete in that gear, Brain-- those Kevlar vests must

weigh a ton!(Cut to Seth Rollins arguing with Earl Hebner) And the Shield isn’t wasting any time trying to

psych out the ref!

Caudle(as music switches to “What A Rush”): And their opponents....accompanied to the ring by Paul

Ellering, at a total combined weight of 612 pounds, Hawk and Animal, the Legion of Doom!

Styles: A massive ovation here at MSG for the Legion of Doom, the only tag team ever to have won the

WWE, NWA, and AWA tag team titles during...(camera shows aisle empty, then fades to the ring as the

Shield stare in confusion) Wait a sec, where are they?

Brain: You got me, Styles...it’s not like the Road Warriors to duck a--(cut to Hawk, Animal, and Paul

Ellering charging out of the stands and blindsiding all three Shield members at once) Mystery solved!

Hawk and Animal smelled a rat and decided to turn the tables on Ambrose and his buddies!

Styles: The Shield for once on the receiving end of a surprise attack...Ellering tosses Seth Rollins over

the top rope like an empty beer can!

Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns vs. the Legion of Doom

With Rollins effectively neutralized, Hawk and Animal plow over Ambrose and Reigns like they were

made out of straw. Barely ten seconds into the match Hawk throws Reigns over the top rope right onto

a still-dazed Rollins; Ambrose, left in a daze by the LOD’s pre-match assault, is easy pickings for their

signature maneuver...

Styles: The Hounds of Justice looking more like puppies right about now....

Brain: Ambrose is gonna need a truckload of Excedrin to recover from this headache!

Styles: Hawk coming off the top rope-- and Ambrose gets knocked down to the canvas! The cover...

and the LOD will face the Outsiders in the quarterfinals!

Caudle(as camera cuts to closeup of Reigns staggering to his feet): Your winners, the Legion of Doom!

WINNERS: The Legion of Doom with a pin by Hawk on Dean Ambrose at 0:20.

Fade to shot of Randy Orton doing push-ups in the locker room.

Styles: There you see the Apex Predator, Randy Orton, gearing up for his showdown against Stan

“The Lariat” Hansen in tonight’s main event! But right now, let’s go to Howard FInkel for the introductions

as we get ready to see Magnus take on Ron Simmons!.

Cut to Howard Finkel standing in the center of the ring.

Finkel: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament first

round match! (“Vs. The World” starts playing over the Garden PA)Introducing first...accompanied to the

ring by Ethan Carter III, from Docking, England and weighing in at 242 pounds, Magnus!

Styles: The reigning TNA heavyweight champion looking pumped up as he heads to the ring to face off

with legendary WCW powerhouse Ron Simmons! The winner of this bout will advance to the tournament

quarterfinals to take on Goldberg...

Brain: Get his head taken off by Goldberg, you mean!

Styles: EC III with a few harsh words for some of the fans at ringside...they just do NOT like this guy,

Brain!

Brain: That’s an understatement...Every time Carter comes to town the welcome wagon calls in sick!

Even his own reflection in the mirror can’t stand to be in the same room with him!

Finkel(as music switches to the Florida State fight song): And his opponent....from the great state of

Florida and weighing 267 pounds, Ron Simmons!

Styles: The Florida State University alumni looking to add the CSW world title to his impressive list of

accomplishment in this sport....(cut to EC III glaring at Simmons) EC III obviously not happy to see

Simmons!

Brain: If he’s smart he’ll give Simmons a wide berth...

Magnus vs. Ron Simmons

In the early minutes of this bout Simmons’ superior size and experience seem to be stacking the deck

in his favor; near the ten-minute mark, however, Magnus begins to seize the momentum thanks in part

to a behind-the-back cheap shot by Ethan Carter III...

Styles: Aw, come on Patrick!(cut to Magnus distracting Nick Patrick while EC III nails Simmons in the

back with a chair) Ethan Carter III takes advantage of Nick Patrick’s distraction to hit Ron Simmons with

a chair shot to the back!

Brain: He must be a Gators fan!

Styles: EC III getting out of Dodge as Magnus goes back on the attack....an Irish whip into the ropes,

and Magnus takes Simmons down with a hurricanrana! Hooks the leg....1--2--and Simmons just kicks

out in time!

Brain: There is no quit in Rom Simmons!

Styles: But there might be some stitches in him when this match is over-- he’s taken a major beating

not only from Magnus but also from that chair shot by Ethan Carter! Simmons now setting Magnus up

for a power bomb....(cut to EC III standing on the ring apron berating Nick Patrick) Not again! Carter

just doesn’t know when to mind his own-- BUTCH REED FROM BEHIND!

Brain: What’s he doing here?!!

Styles: Butch Reed, Ron Simmons’ former tag team partner, jumping Simmons while EC III had the ref

distracted! Magnus taking advantage of the situation to hit Simmons with a DDT! The cover...and Magnus

steals the victory!

As a stunned Simmons tries to come to grips with what just happened, the MSG crowd bombards EC III

and Magnus with a torrent of boos. Not that they notice or care; they’re too busy gloating over their(to say

the least) questionable win.

WINNER: Magnus by pinfall at 12:57.

Styles: Magnus with a tainted win moves on to the quarterfinals of the world title tournament and a

showdown with the juggernaut known as Goldberg...

Brain: Let’s see EC III try to pull a fast one on him....

Styles: Folks, in just a few minutes, we’ll see the Steiner Brothers face reigning Ring of Honor tag team

champions Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish...but right now let’s go to Michael Cole, who’s standing by live

backstage with Stan “The Lariat” Hansen!

Cut to Michael Cole standing beside Stan Hansen.

Cole: Stan, tonight you’re facing Randy Orton in the first round of the CSW world title tournament, and

if you win that bout you’ll be up against Mr. Anderson in the quarterfinals...

Hansen(interrupting): You mean when I win, boy! (Spits big wad of tobacco juice)Orton’s nothin’ but a

punk and the same goes for Anderson! I’m gonna run over everybody and finish this tournament as the

CSW world champion! You can count on it!

Cole: That might be easier said than done, Stan. Last week against Antonio Cesaro, Mr. Anderson...

Styles(voice-over): Sorry to butt in, guys, but speaking of Randy Orton we’ve just heard that there’s

some kind of altercation involving him going on elsewhere in the Garden right now!

Cut to shot of New York Rangers locker room, where we can see an unconscious Ethan Carter III

sprawled out on the floor and Randy Orton slamming Magnus against the wall; in the audio we can

hear Orton muttering “This’ll teach you to call me washed up.”

Brain: Talk about a game misconduct...

Styles: Randy Orton just beating the living hell out of Magnus, clearly taking exception to Magnus’

earlier comments about his ability...RKO by Orton on the concrete floor!

Brain: That’ll put your lights out in a hurry!

Styles: Just moments after winning his tournament first round match against Ron Simmons, Magnus

gets nailed by Randy Orton in revenge for the TNA champion’s earlier disparagement of him!(As Orton

spits on Magnus and walks out) We’ll bring you more news on this situation as it unfolds, but right now

it’s time to head back to the ring as Gary Michael Cappetta introduces the contestants in our next bout!

Fade to Gary Michael Cappetta standing in the center of the ring.

Cappetta(as “Dance Away” booms out over the Garden PA): The following contest is a CSW tag team

championship tournament first round match, scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, at a total combined

weight of 497 pounds...the team of Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish, reDRagon!

Styles: The two-time Ring of Honor tag team champions hoping to pull off an upset tonight as they take

on the Steiner Brothers...the winner of this bout will take on the British Bulldogs in the quarterfinals of the

CSW tag team title tournament!

Brain: If they had a line on this in Vegas, I’d bet twenty-to-one this match doesn’t last three minutes!

Styles: And I’d take that bet!

Cappetta(as music switches to the Steiners’ classic WWE entrance theme): Their opponents...at a total

combined weight of 532 pounds, Rick and Scott, the Steiner Brothers!

Styles: A massive ovation from the MSG crowd for the Steiners, one of the most successful tag teams

in wrestling history...

Brain: One of the few teams that’s ever held both the WWE and WCW tag titles!

The Steiner Brothers vs. Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish

Just as Brain and Styles anticipated, this match proves to be a short one indeed; Rick and Scott dominate

the two-time ROH tag team champions right from the opening bell; by the 90-second mark, O’Reilly starts

to look like a truck ran over him and Fish isn’t feeling much better. At 2:15 into the match Fish attempts to

go for an enzaguri and only succeeds in giving Rick Steiner an opening to powerbomb him...

Brain: That’s one Fish you don’t have to try too hard to catch!

Styles: Rick and Scott setting Bobby Fish up for the Frankensteiner...

Brain: If they hit this, O’Reilly and Fish are toast!

Styles: Scott Steiner going up...and Fish goes down! The cover-- and the match fans have been waiting

almost thirty years to see becomes a reality! Next week in the tag team title tournament quarterfinals, it’s

the Steiners vs. the Bulldogs!

WINNERS: The Steiner Brothers with a pin by Scott Steiner on Bobby Fish at 2:24.

Cut to shot of Edge and Christian watching video footage of Cody Rhodes and Goldust’s match against

Da Baldies from the previous episode of Throwdown.

Styles: There you see seven-time former WWE tag team champions Edge & Christian checking out their

potential tag team tournament quarterfinals opponents...first, though, they’ll have to get past the Midnight

Express!

Brain: That won’t be easy!

Styles: Meanwhile, let’s go to Justin Roberts for our next introduction as Bret “Hit Man” Hart prepares to

face Lou Thesz!

To be continued...

Saturday Throwdown Episode 2 Finale

Cut to Justin Roberts in the center of the ring.

Roberts: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament first

round match! (“Hart Attack” starts playing over the Garden PA) Introducing first....from Calgary, Alberta,

Canada and weighing 239 pounds, Bret “Hit Man” Hart!

Styles: One of the most decorated athletes in WWE history-- a former world champion, two-time tag team

champion, and former Intercontinental champion! Bret Hart, also a former WCW world champion, looking

ready for action as he gets ready to face legendary two-time former NWA world champion Lou Thesz! It’s

safe to say this won’t be as quick as the last match....

Brain: It could go on all night!

Styles: Let’s hope not-- I’ve got a room booked at Foxwoods next week!

Roberts(as music switches to Glenn Miller’s cover of “Little Brown Jug”): And his opponent...weighing in

at 237 pounds and hailing from St. Louis, Missouri, Lou Thesz!

Brain: This match is going to be a nail-biter! These are two of the toughest guys in the business....I don’t

think we’ll see either one of ‘em quit until they’re bleeding out both eyes, and even then you might really

have to put the pressure on ‘em to get ‘em to tap out!

Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Lou Thesz

Sure enough, Hart and Thesz grapple with each other nearly fifteen minutes without either man getting a

clear advantage over the other; at one point it looks like the match might end with a time-limit draw. But at

the 18:30 mark, Thesz misses on a flying elbow attempt off the second rope, allowing the Hit Man to seize

the initiative...

Styles: This could be a huge opportunity for the Hit Man!

Brain: If he can on his feet quick enough!

Styles: Bret Hart executes a perfect belly-to-back suplex on Thesz and follows it up with a Russian leg

sweep!

Brain: Guess what’s coming next, Styles!

Styles: I don’t have to, Brain...There’s the Sharpshooter! Thesz trying to power his way to the ropes to

break the hold...can he do it?

Brain(as camera zooms in on Thesz grimacing): Not if that look on his face is anything to go by!

Styles: Bret still hanging on...and Thesz taps out! The Hit Man will take on Daniel Bryan next week in

the quarterfinals!

WINNER: Bret “Hit Man” Hart by submission at 19:04.

Styles: We’re going to take a few minutes to catch our breath...when we come back, Edge & Christian

will take on the Midnight Express in the last match of the first round of our tag team title tournament and

Stan “The Lariat” Hansen faces Randy Orton in our main event!

Fade to commercial.

As we return from the commercial break we see an ambulance pulling up to one of the loading docks

in the back of Madison Square Garden.

Styles: We’re back live from Madison Square Garden...We’ve got an update on that locker room brawl

involving Magnus, Randy Orton, and Ethan Carter III: an ambulance has just arrived to take Magnus and

Carter to Columbia University Medical Center for a CT scan and doctor’s exam to determine if either of

them has suffered a concussion...

Brain: A concussion’s nothing to sneeze at, Styles! If Magnus has one he’ll have to forfeit his match

against Goldberg next week, and if EC III’s got one it could knock him out of the Iron Man championship

tournament!

Styles: Orton’s actions in that brawl certainly have some serious potential ramifications, Brain! Folks,

we’ll keep you posted as to the status of Magnus and EC III...in the meantime, Dave Penzer is ready to

make the introductions in our next bout!

Fade to Dave Penzer standing in the center of the ring.

Penzer: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW tag team championship tournament first

round match! (The classic NWA Midnight Express theme starts playing over the Garden PA)Introducing

first...accompanied to the ring by their manager Jim Cornette, at a combined weight of 509 pounds, Stan

Lane and Bobby Eaton, the Midnight Express!

Styles(as camera cuts to Cornette arguing with Tim White): The match hasn’t even started yet and he’s

already getting in the ref’s face!

Brain: Hey, it wouldn’t be a Midnight Express match without a Jim Cornette rant or two...or three...

Styles(chortling): Or four!

Penzer(as music switches to “You Think You Know Me”): And their opponents....at a total combined

weight of 477 pounds, Edge and Christian!

Styles: The seven-time former WWE tag team champions exchanging a few choice words with Eaton

and Lane...

Edge and Christian vs. the Midnight Express

The bell has barely even finished ringing before all four men start simultaneously pounding away at each

other; a flustered Cornette wisely exits the ring for the safety of the timekeeper’s table. During the first five

minutes, the match comes within an eyelash of ending in a double disqualification; around the ten-minute

mark, however, the Midnight Express begin to take control of the proceedings...

Styles: Knife-edge chop by Bobby Eaton! Edge is rocking back on his heels!

Brain: Kind of like Scott Hall after three shots of tequila!

Styles: Edge is Irish whipped into the ropes...and Eaton connects with a flying dropkick! There’s the tag

to Stan Lane, and Lane picks up where Eaton left off! Edge just getting hammered....

Brain: You usually don’t see anybody take that many hits outside of a Cheech & Chong fan convention!

Styles: Lane with a scoop slam on Edge...and now he’s going up to the top rope!

Brain: If he hits the splash, Edge and Christian are gone!

Styles: Lane going for the frog splash...NOBODY HOME! Edge makes the escape at the last second!

The fans here at MSG going nuts as Christian tags in and wallops Lane with a barrage of lefts and rights!

There’s the DDT!

Brain(as camera cuts to Cornette looking panic-stricken): Cornette looks like he’s seen a ghost!

Styles: I think a ghost might have been less frightening to him right about now...Christian hits Lane with

the Kill Switch! 1==2==3! E and C have a date next week with the Rhodes brothers!

WINNERS: Edge and Christian with a pin by Christian on Stan Lane at 12:48.

As a visibly frustrated Jim Cornette berates Mike Chioda, Edge and Christian decide to celebrate their

win by doing their classic “for the benefit of those with flash photography” routine before heading back to

the locker room.

Styles: We’ve got just one more match to go in the CSW world heavyweight title tournament! In just a

matter of minutes, Randy Orton will duke it out with Stan “The Lariat” Hansen to decide who will be the

one to face Ken Anderson next week when Saturday Throwdown comes to you live from Agganis Arena

in Boston!

Brain: No matter how the Orton-Hansen match turns out, one thing’s for sure-- Anderson’s going to have

his work cut out for him!

Styles: And with that, we’ll send you up to Anthony Chimel for the introductions in our main event!

Fade to Anthony Chimel in the middle of the ring.

Chimel: The following main event, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament

first round match! (“Voices” starts booming from the Garden PA)Introducing first...from St. Louis, Missouri

and weighing 256 pounds, Randy Orton!

Styles: Randy Orton not looking too much the worse for wear after his confrontation with Magnus earlier

tonight....

Brain: Well, he’s gonna have a huge target on his back when Magnus and EC III get out of the hospital!

Styles: He’s had a huge target on his back before, Brain, and it hasn’t fazed him much...

Chimel(as music switches over to “Folsom Prison Blues”): And his opponent...from Borger, Texas and

weighing 277 pounds, Stan “The Lariat” Hansen!

Styles: Orton is daring Hansen to come get him, and Hansen seems more than willing to oblige!

Brain: These two love to fight!

“The Viper” Randy Orton vs. Stan “The Lariat” Hansen

The second Hansen hits the ring he and Orton start trading punches like they were baseball cards.

It’s like a steel cage match minus the cage; Orton and Hansen batter each other from one end of the

ring to the other, even slamming each other’s heads into the steel steps at one point....

Styles: Orton opening up a pretty huge cut in Hansen’s forehead with that smack into the steel steps,

Brain!

Brain: Hansen probably doesn’t even feel it! He’s been opened up more times than the liquor cabinet

at Lindsay Lohan’s house!

Styles: Hansen staggering outside the ring....referee Brian Hebner starting to count both men out....

Orton goes for a running clothesline on the former AWA world champion-- AND HANSEN RAMS HIM

INTO THE RINGSIDE SECURITY RAIL!

Brain: How’d he pull that off?!!

Styles: The Apex Predator disoriented as Hansen grabs him and throws him back into the ring! Hansen

going to work now on Orton’s back....

Brain: He likes to pound on guys’ backs, throw ‘em out of shape-- that’s how he beat Martel for the AWA

belt in ’85!

Styles: Back body drop by Hansen on Orton....going for the cover....and Orton kicks out at two!

Hansen tries to subdue RKO with an elbow drop, but the Apex Predator refuses to succumb to the blow

and pokes the Lariat right in the eyes. While the former AWA heavyweight champion is stumbling around

trying to shake off the effects of that eyepoke, Orton catches him square in the chest with a dropkick...

Styles: Hansen in big trouble after that dropkick! And Orton follows it up with a legdrop!

Brain: I’m not psychic or anything, but I can predict this is probably the end for Hansen...

Styles: Orton setting Hansen up for the RKO-- and the Lariat gets driven into the mat! The cover....and

the Apex Predator will take on Mr. Anderson in next week’s main event!

WINNER: Randy Orton by pinfall at 17:14.

The last shot we see before the end credits is that of Orton staring down at a prostrate Stan Hansen as

“Voices” booms out from the Madison Square Garden PA.

Fade to black.

Saturday Throwdown 3/29/2014(Episode 3)

Main Event

CSW world title tournament quarterfinals match

Mr. Anderson vs. “The Viper” Randy Orton

Undercard

CSW tag team title tournament quarterfinals match

The Brotherhood vs. Edge & Christian

Daniel Bryan vs. Bret “Hit Man” Hart

The British Bulldogs vs. the Steiner Brothers

Goldberg vs. Magnus

The Outsiders vs. the Legion of Doom

Kevin Steen vs. Bully Ray

Bad Influence vs. the Wolves

Live from Agganis Arena in Boston, Mass.

The show opens with a Boston Fire Department honor guard standing at attention in the center of the

ring, then fades to Joey Styles and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan at the broadcast booth.

Styles: Good evening, everyone, and welcome to another edition of Saturday Throwdown....I’m Joey

Styles along with my broadcast partner Bobby “The Brain” Heenan at ringside, and as you may have

already noticed the atmosphere on our show is considerably more somber than usual. Tonight’s edition

of Throwdown is taking place in Boston in the aftermath of the horrific Beacon Street fire that claimed

the lives of firefighters Michael Kennedy and Ed Walsh....

Brain: You know, we talk a lot in this business about fire matches and inferno matches...for the people

who work in our nation’s fire departments, every day’s an inferno match. They have one of the toughest

jobs you can imagine, Styles-- I wouldn’t switch places with them for anything.

Styles: Still, it’s a job that needs doing and we’ve got nothing but admiration and awe for the people who

do it. With that, we’ll send you over to Dave Penzer.

Fade to Dave Penzer standing in front of the honor guard.

Penzer: Ladies and gentlemen, at this time CSW and the management of Agganis Arena ask that you

stand up and join in a moment of silence in honor of the memory of Lt. Ed Walsh and Firefighter Michael

Kennedy,

The bell begins tolling ten times as the camera slowly pulls back from the ring.

Styles: We’re going to take a fifteen-second pause...when we come back, you’ll see Bad Influence take

on the Wolves and we’ll have news regarding the scheduled match between Goldberg and Magnus later

tonight.

Briefly fade to black, then cut back to Styles and Brain at the broadcast booth.

Styles: We’re back now live from Boston’s Agganis Arena, and before we get our opening match, let’s

take you back to last week’s Throwdown.

Fade to replay of Randy Orton’s attack on Magnus from the March 22nd episode of Throwdown.

Styles: Just minutes after scoring a highly controversial victory over Ron Simmons in the first round of the

CSW world title tournament, number six seed and current TNA heavyweight champion Magnus wound up

on the wrong end of a beatdown at the hands of number eight seed Randy Orton after Orton got enraged

over comments Magnus made earlier in the evening implying the Apex Predator was “washed up”. Orton

also lashed out at Magnus’ associate Ethan Carter III...

Brain: They sure got their clocks cleaned!

Styles: EC III and Magnus were both taken to the hospital, and I understand we have an update from

Michael Cole on their respective conditions...Michael?

Cut to Michael Cole standing in the locker room area.

Cole: Joey, the latest word on Magnus and EC III is that both men have been cleared by doctors for in-

ring competition-- however, during Magnus’ match against Goldberg later tonight medical personnel from

Boston University Hospital will be standing by at ringside to suspend or even halt the match if Magnus at

any point shows signs of being unable to continue with the bout.

Styles: Thanks, Michael, and with that, we go to Howard Finkel for the introductions in our first match of

the CSW tag team title tournament quarterfinals!

Fade to Bad Influence strutting down the aisle as “Devious” blasts over the Agganis Arena PA.

Finkel: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW tag team championship tournament

quarterfinals match! Introducing first...at a total combined weight of 512 pounds, Frankie Kazarian and

Christopher Daniels, Bad Influence!

Styles: One of the biggest feuds in TNA right now will be played out shortly here at Agganis Arena...

there’s a lot of bad blood between Bad Influence and the Wolves!

Brain: Saying that is like saying the Titanic had a slight problem getting across the ocean-- these guys

just plain hate each other!

Finkel(as music switches to “Call Of The Wolf”): And their opponents...at a total combined weight of 498

pounds, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, the Wolves!

Styles: Richards and Edwards not wasting any time going after Daniels and Kazarian, and in the words

of Tony Schiavone it’s Katie-bar-the-door time!

CSW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINALS MATCH

Bad Influence vs. the Wolves

Right at the opening bell this bout turns into a free-for-all; referee Gary DeRusha tries to bring some order

to the proceedings but so far isn’t having much luck...

Styles: This match breathtakingly close to ending in a double disqualification or double countout!

Brain: If that happens it could change the whole complexion of the tag team tournament...you know how

the Rhodes brothers are supposed to face Edge and Christian later tonight? Well, if the Wolves and Bad

Influence both get DQ’ed or counted out, that means whoever wins the Rhodes brothers’ bout with E and

C would automatically advance to the finals!

Styles: That would certainly be a game-changer, Brain...Chris Daniels rams Davey Richards’ head into

the steel steps!

Brain: Magnus might not be the only one who needs a ringside doctor tonight if this keeps up!

Eventually things settle down and Daniels and Kazarian seize the upper hand thanks to a combination of

quick tags and low blows; by the 10:30 mark, Richards is staggering around in an absolute daze/ After an

earth-shaking power slam on Richards, Daniels climbs to the top rope...

Styles: What’s on Daniels’ mind?

Brain: I’ll spell it out for you in three words, Styles...Best--Moonsault--Ever!

Styles: Daniels coming off the top turnbuckle...and nails Edwards! The cover-- Bad Influence moves on

to the semis!

WINNERS: Bad Influence with a pin by Christopher Daniels on Eddie Edwards at 10:42.

Styles: Bad Influence have advanced to the tag team title tournament semifinals, where they’ll face the

winners of the upcoming bout between Cody Rhodes & Goldust and Edge and Christian! This was a wild

ride, Brain, but in the end Daniels and Kazarian just had too much gas in the tank to be stopped!

Cut to shot of Magnus in the locker room area; as he turns toward the camera we can see a bandage

taped to the side of his face.

Styles: There’s the current TNA heavyweight champion, Magnus, looking somewhat the worse for wear

after last week’s confrontation with Randy Orton....later tonight he’ll be facing Goldberg in the world title

tournament quarterfinals, and speaking of the world title tournament it’s time for Dave Penzer make the

introductions in our next bout!

Fade to Kevin Steen coming down the aisle as “Unsettling Differences” blasts over the Agganis Arena

PA.

Penzer: The following contest, set for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament quarterfinals

match! Introducing first, from Marieville, Quebec, Canada and weighing 247 pounds...Kevin Steen!

Styles: Fresh off a win against Hollywood Hogan last week at Madison Square Garden, the former Ring

of Honor heavyweight champion looks to continue his win streak tonight as he takes on Bully Ray in what

I guarantee will be a hellacious fight!

Brain: Bully Ray might be the one person in this tournament who enjoys fighting more than Steen! Look

up “table match” in the dictionary and you’ll see Ray’s picture...

Penzer(as music segues into “The Beaten Path”): His opponent....from Brooklyn, New York and weighing

346 pounds, Bully Ray!

Styles: Neither man backing down as the former TNA champion and Aces & Eights president enters the

ring...

Brain: God only knows what kind of mayhem there’ll be if Bully Ray and Anderson both get into the semis

of this tournament-- remember that casket match they had?

CSW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINALS MATCH

Kevin Steen vs. Bully Ray

As you might expect, Steen and Bully don’t pull in any punches in this match; at least five times in as

many minutes referee Brian Hebner has to admonish both contestants about trying to choke each other

out. By the six-minute mark some people are wondering if maybe this bout should have booked as an

Extreme Rules match...

Brain: Look at the beating these two are giving each other! This makes Randy Orton’s beef with Magnus

last week look like a game of tag!

Styles: You’re not kidding, Brain-- that’s one hell of a cut Steen’s opened up on Bully Ray’s forehead!

Brian Hebner may have to call an end to this match early...And Bully Ray nails Steen with a devastating

clothesline!

Brain: He nailed Steen like Milan Lucic cross-checking Sidney Crosby!

Styles: Now it’s Steen’s turn to get opened up....a serious gash there on his right arm! Steen might have

no choice but to tap out....(screen abruptly goes dark)What the--?

Brain: Looks like somebody blew a fuse!

Styles: I doubt it, Brain...I think we’ve got a setup here!

When the lights come back on we discover that Joey was right....Hollywood Hogan and the Outsiders,

looking for payback against Steen after his assault on Eric Bischoff last Saturday, have dragged him out

of the ring and are pummeling him non-stop. Bully Ray, somewhat dazed from both his battle with Steen

and the cut on his face, isn’t in much of a position to respond. Hebner is, however, and calls for the bell to

end the proceedings.

WINNER: Kevin Steen by disqualification at 7:28.

Saturday Throwdown Episode 3(continued)

Styles: Kevin Steen moves on to the world title tournament semifinals thanks to a disqualification on

Bully Ray...However, Hollywood Hogan’s decision to interfere in this match could come back to bite him!

Brain: It’ll definitely come back to bite him, and I hope it bites hard, Styles! I’d love to see Bully Ray put

Hogan through a table...or better yet TWO tables!

Styles: In the meantime, we’ve got Mean Gene Okerlund standing by with another late-breaking update

on the upcoming world title tournament quarterfinal match between Goldberg and Magnus!

Brain: This should be interesting....

Fade to Mean Gene Okerlund in the locker room area.

Mean Gene: Thank you, gentlemen...I have just been informed by our incoming commissioner, “Stone

Cold” Steve Austin, that should any of Magnus’ associates attempt to interfere in his impending bout with

Goldberg not only will Magnus be disqualified but he will be given an indefinite suspension from all CSW

competition and his associates will suffer a similar fate! How this will affect the outcome of the match still

remains to be seen, but one thing is crystal-clear-- our newly appointed commissioner isn’t taking a lot of

time to lay down the law! Now let’s go back to ringside!

Cut to Christy Hemme standing in the center of the ring.

Hemme: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW tag team title tournament quarterfinals

match! (“Rockhouse” begins playing over the Agganis Arena PA)Introducing first....accompanied to the

ring by Hollywood Hogan and weighing in at a combined total of 621 pounds, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall,

the Outsiders!

Brain: They’re looking awfully cocky now...let’s see if they still feel the same way when the Legion of

Doom gets hold of ‘em!

Styles: Or Steen...

Brain: I’d love to see him beat up Hollywood Hogan again...I’ve never liked Hogan. Never have, never

will....

Hemme(as music segues into “What A Rush”): And their opponents-- accompanied to the ring by Paul

Ellering, at a total combined weight of 598 pounds, Hawk and Animal, the Legion of Doom!

The Legion of Doom vs. the Outsiders

True to their ferocious natures, Hawk and Animal don’t hesitate to go right after Hall and Nash; almost

simultaneously Ellering pounces on Hogan and belts him over the security railing right into the stands.

After dumping Hall over the top rope like yesterday’s garbage, Hawk and Animal go to work on a dazed

Nash...

Styles: The LOD taking the Outsiders apart!

Brain(as camera cuts to Ellering decking Eric Bischoff): And Bischoff doesn’t look too good either!

Styles: Double clothesline by Hawk and Animal on Big Sexy! And now they’re setting him up for the

finisher that won them the AWA, WCW, and WWE tag team titles!

Brain: Good night, Mr. Nash!

Styles: Hawk executing the Doomsday Device-- and Nash is leveled! 1...2...3! The LOD advance to

the tournament semifinals!

Hemme: Your winners, the Legion of Doom!

Outside the ring, an enraged Scott Hall rants to referee Jim Kordera while a punch-drunk Eric Bischoff

staggers out of the crowd and back toward the locker room area; in the ring the LOD and Ellering salute

the Boston crowd while Kevin Nash lies on his back nearly unconscious.

WINNERS: The Legion of Doom with a pin by Hawk on Kevin Nash at 0:34.

Styles: Next week when Saturday Throwdown comes to you live from Boston’s TD Garden, Hawk and

Animal will face either the British Bulldogs or the Steiner Brothers...

Fade to Randy Orton shadow-boxing backstage.

Styles: There you see the Apex Predator, Randy Orton, prepping for his match against Mr. Anderson

later tonight...the winner will face Kevin Steen in next week’s main event! But right now let’s take you to

Justin Roberts for the introductions in our next match!

Cut to the aisle between the locker room area and the ring as “Vs. The World” booms over the PA and

Roberts starts his introduction.

Roberts: The following contest, set for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament quarterfinals

match! Introducing first, from Kings Lynn, England and weighing 242 pounds...Magnus!

Styles(as Magnus looks at the camera and makes a comment): Magnus, the reigning TNA heavyweight

champion, saying “I started this tournament with one world title but I’ll finish it with two!”

Brain: Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched, buddy!

Styles: Especially considering the whipping he took from Randy Orton last Saturday...

Roberts: And his opponent...(music switches to “invasion”) From Atlanta, Georgia and weighing in at 267

pounds, Goldberg!

Styles: Magnus obviously not happy to see Goldberg...

Brain: Of course not...he hasn’t got his goon squad to bail him out this time!

Goldberg vs. Magnus

Just as Brain suggested, the absence of his usual support team from his corner puts Magnus at a deep

disadvantage against the Georgia Jackhammer. The reigning TNA heavyweight champion tries gamely

to mount a sustained offense against Goldberg, but the former WCW world champion proves to be just a

little too tough for him and before we’ve reached the three-minute mark, the British superstar is on his last

legs...

Styles: Magnus practically in another world after that spear by Goldberg!

Brain: World? He’s in another universe by now!(chuckles)

Styles: Goldberg setting Magnus up for the Jackhammer-- WHAT THE HELL?!!!(camera shows Alberto

Del Rio spraying something in Goldberg’s face)

Brain: I wasn’t expecting to see Del Rio here tonight!

Styles: Alberto Del Rio coming out of nowhere to attack Goldberg...commissioner Steve Austin probably

wasn’t expecting this! Magnus capitalizing on Goldberg’s plight...and the TNA champion picks up a highly

controversial win to advance to the semi-finals!

WINNER: Magnus by pinfall at 3:04.

Magnus either doesn’t hear the boos that greet the official announcement of his victory or he’s making it

a point to ignore them, because as Goldberg is helped out of the ring by trainers and EMTs, the reigning

TNA heavyweight champion helps himself to a mic....

Magnus: Daniel Bryan, if you’re listening to me right now, I just want you to know that if you get past Bret

Hart tonight I’m going to finish what Triple H started...Bret, if you win, what I do to you in the semifinals is

going to make your submission match at Wrestlemania 13 look like a beach party!

Styles(as camera follows Magnus leaving the ring): Folks, I’m as shocked as you are about how Magnus’

match with Goldberg ended....this is an absolute miscarriage of justice, and I want to see Magnus pay for

it big! Right now, however, we have to take a break...when we return, the British Bulldogs will lock up with

lock up with the Steiner Brothers and Bret “Hit Man” Hart faces Daniel Bryan!

Fade to commercial.

Saturday Throwdown Episode 3 Finale

We return from the commercial break to see the Steiners heading to the ring as their classic WWE

entrance theme plays over the PA and Gary Michael Cappetta begins his pre-match introductions.

Cappetta: The following bout, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW tag team championship tournament

quarterfinals match! Introducing first, at a total combined weight of 542 pounds, Rick and Scott...the

Steiner Brothers!

Styles: The Steiner brothers looking jacked as they get ready to face the British Bulldogs in the next-to-

last bout of the tag team title tournament quarterfinals!

Brain: They want those tag team belts bad, Styles...the Bulldogs are definitely going to have their work

cut out for ‘em.

Styles: Well, if any remaining team in this tournament can give the Steiners a run for their money, it’s

the British Bulldogs...(as music segues to “Rule Britannia”) And speaking of the Bulldogs, here they come

now!

Cappetta: And their opponents, at a total combined weight of 531 pounds...Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy

Smith, the British Bulldogs!

Styles: Crowd support seems to be split right down the middle between these two teams....

Brain: This is going to be a scorcher!

The British Bulldogs vs. the Steiner Brothers

The Brain is right; this bout is indeed a scorcher. For nearly twenty minutes the momentum swings back

and forth as Rick and Scott pull out everything in their arsenal and the Bulldogs respond in kind. At times

it looks like the match might end in a time-limit draw. However, at 21:32 into the bout, the Steiner brothers

get thrown a curve...

Styles: A perfectly executed Frankensteiner by Scott Steiner on Dynamite! This could be all she wrote for

the Bulldogs-- 1...2..DYNAMITE KICKS OUT! DYNAMITE KICKS OUT!

Brain: There’s something you don’t see every day!

Styles: Dynamite Kid somehow managing to kick out of the cover after what should have been an utterly

devastating Frankensteiner...Scott Irish whips Dynamite into the ropes...and Dynamite floors him with an

unbelievable flying tackle!

Brain: If he can make the tag to Davey Boy the Steiners are in deep trouble!

Styles: Dynamite over to the Bulldogs’ corner...and Davey Boy tags in! He’s signaling that he’s ready to

deliver his signature move on a dazed Scott Steiner! He’s got Scott set up for the running power slam...

and Scott Steiner goes crashing down to the canvas! The cover-- and the Bulldogs will be facing off with

the Legion of Doom next week in the semifinals!

WINNERS: The British Bulldogs with a pin by Davey Boy Smith on Scott Steiner at 21:45.

Styles: With three of the four tag team title tournament semifinal spots now filled, all that remains now is

to find out who will face Bad Influence next week...that question will be settled later tonight when Edge &

Christian face the Brotherhood for the last open slot in the semis!

Cut to shot of Mr. Anderson getting taped up at a trainer’s table near the locker room area.

Styles: There you see the top seed in our world heavyweight title tournament, Ken Anderson, making his

final preparations for what promises to be a killer main event against Randy Orton! But right now, let’s go

back to the ring for our next match!

Fade to Anthony Chimel standing in the center of the ring.

Chimel: The following match, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament

quarterfinals bout! (“Hart Attack” starts blasting from the Agganis Arena PA)Introducing first....from

Calgary, Alberta, Canada and weighing in a 239 pounds, Bret “Hit Man” Hart!

Brain: I haven’t seen Bret looking this primed in years...

Styles: He is definitely looking focused, Brain! The Hit Man is one of the most decorated Canadian stars

in wrestling history, and he’d love to add the CSW world title to his resumé!

Brain: So would Bryan!

Chimel: His opponent....(Music switches to “Flight Of The Valkyries”) From Aberdeen, Washington and

weighing 237 pounds, Daniel Bryan!

Styles: Members of the “Yes!” movement out in force at ringside as Daniel Bryan comes down to the

ring to face the Hit Man in the last world title quarterfinals match before the main event!

Daniel Bryan vs. Bret “Hit Man” Hart

In the first five minutes of this contest, Bret’s greater experience gives him the edge over Bryan, and

twice in those five minutes the Hit Man succeeds in scoring a near-fall against the “Yes!” Man. Just after

the 6:00 mark, however, Bryan’s relentless drive begins to shift the balance of power and soon enough

Bret finds himself on the defensive...

Styles: Arm drag takedown by Bryan, and Bret looks to be in some serious trouble!

Brain: Bryan’s got a lot of pent-up aggression in him...all those months of being targeted by Triple H and

the Authority have given him some serious motivation to win tonight, Styles. I don’t like Bret’s chances in

this matches...

No sooner does Brain make that observation than Bret kicks out of a cover attempt and goes rights on the

attack, and now it’s Bryan’s turn to play defense-- which. as it turns out, he does quite impressively for the

next four and a half minutes...

Styles: We are now closing in on the fifteen-minute leg of this quarterfinal matchup, and Daniel Bryan just

will not quit...

Brain: Of course not-- he’s got too much to prove!

Styles: Bret Hart with the Irish whip into the ropes...and Bryan catches the Hit Man with a Yakuza kick!

Brain: I could feel that one from here!

Styles: The leader of the “Yes!” Movement setting the two-time former WWE champion up for a Northern

Lights suplex...and down goes the Hit Man! The cover-- 1...2...3! It’s Daniel Bryan and Magnus next week

at TD garden in the tournament semifinals!

Brain(as chants of “YES!” echo throughout Agganis Arena): Randy Orton might be the least of Magnus’

problems after tonight!

WINNER: Daniel Bryan by pinfall at 15:07.

Fade to shot of Randy Orton walking toward the entrance to the ring area in a Boston Fire Department

T-shirt.

Styles: There you see the Apex Predator paying tribute to Boston’s firefighters as he awaits his chance

to face Mr. Anderson in tonight’s main event...but in the meantime we’ve got new information regarding

the conclusion of the Goldberg-Magnus bout! Michael Cole is standing by with details...

Cut to Michael Cole standing at ringside as crowd yells behind him.

Cole: Joey, I don’t know if you and Brain can hear me right now, but I’ve just gotten a tweet from the

official CSW website that next week, commissioner “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will be making a special

guest appearance on Throwdown to announce his official decision regarding Alberto Del Rio’s actions

at tonight’s Goldberg-Magnus bout, and from the wording of that tweet you can bet Austin will crack down

hard on the Mexican aristocrat. We’ll have more on this story as it develops....right now, let’s send you up

to the ring as Cody Rhodes and Goldust face Edge and Christian in the closing match of CSW’s tag team

title tournament quarterfinals!

Cut to Howard Finkel standing in the center of the ring.

FInkel: The following contest, set for one fall, is a CSW tag team championship tournament quarterfinals

match! (“Gold & Smoke” starts playing over the Agganis Arena PA)Coming down the aisle, at a combined

weight of 497 pounds...the team of Cody Rhodes and Goldust, the Brotherhood!

Styles: The former WWE tag team champions are on a roll as they get set to face Edge and Christian...

Brain: These two are not only major athletes in their own right, but they’re also the sons of one of the

toughest old-school competitors ever to hit the ring, Dusty Rhodes! This is gonna be all-out war, Styles,

you can bank on that!

Styles: Speaking of wars, the winners of this bout will face current TNA tag team champs Bad Influence

next week in the CSW tag team title tournament semifinals while the British Bulldogs take on the Legion

of Doom…

Finkel(as music switches to “You Think You Know Me”): And their opponents…at a total combined weight

of 487 pounds, Edge and Christian!

Styles: The Rated-R Superstar and Captain Charisma coming off a huge win last week in the first round

against the Midnight Express…Cody Rhodes will start the action for the Brotherhood and Edge will start

for E and C as the bell rings to get things underway!

The Brotherhood vs. Edge and Christian

Speed and aerial maneuvers are the dominant factors in this contest; E and C, thanks to their fearless

high-flying style, have the (pardon the pun)edge over the Rhodes brothers for most of the action; at the

15:12 mark, however, E and C’s luck abruptly takes a turn for the worse….

Styles: Edge and Christian could be just seconds away from a match against Bad Influence in the tag

team title tournament semifinals…

Brain: If he hits the Downward Spiral, Cody and Goldust are done!

Styles: Edge setting Cody up for the Downward Spiral-- Cody reverses it into a Cross Rhodes!(Camera

follows Cody as he tags in Goldust) Now in comes Goldust to pick up where his brother left off!

Brain: Just goes to show you how unpredictable this sport can be!

Styles: Goldust setting Edge up for the Curtain Call...and Edge goes crashing into the canvas! 1--2--3!

(As fans go nuts)Next week at TD Garden the Rhodes brothers will square off against Bad Influence for

a spot in the finals!

WINNERS: The Brotherhood with a pin by Goldust on Edge at 15:28.

Cut to Styles and Brain back at the broadcast booth.

Brain: What a night it’s been so far...

Styles: But the biggest action’s still to come! We’re going to take a short break right now, and when we

come back we’ll bring you our main event as Mr. Anderson battles Randy Orton!

Fade to commercial.

When we return from the break we see Randy Orton striding down the aisle as Bob Caudle starts his

pre-match introductions.

Caudle(as “Voices” booms over the PA): The following main event, set for one fall, is a CSW world

heavyweight title tournament quarterfinals match! Introducing first, from St. Louis, Missouri and weighing

256 pounds...the Viper, Randy Orton!

Styles: The Viper out for blood tonight as he heads to the ring to take on Mr. Anderson...

Brain: Yeah, but whose blood does he want more, Anderson’s or Magnus’?

Styles: Right now he’s focused on Anderson, but I have to believe, Brain, that if and when he gets the

opportunity to face Magnus in the ring he’ll attack the reigning TNA champion with everything up to and

including the kitchen sink!

Brain: I just had a weird thought, Styles...what if Magnus and Orton both make it to the finals?

Styles: That would certainly turn up the heat in their escalating feud, Brain-- a match between those two

in and of itself would be a serious battle, but with the CSW world heavyweight champion at stake it would

be close to Armageddon!

Caudle(as music switches to “Feedback”): His opponent, from Green Bay, Wisconsin and weighing 248

pounds...Mr. Anderson!

Styles: The former TNA heavyweight champion not wasting time going after the Apex Predator-- and both

men throwing and taking devastating punches in the middle of that ring!

Brain: Tonight’s blue plate special is knuckle sandwiches!

Mr. Anderson vs. “The Viper” Randy Orton

For a while it looks like the Brain’s prediction of a Magnus vs. Orton clash in the tournament finals might

become reality; Orton thoroughly dominates Anderson in the early minutes of this match and twice kicks

out of a cover attempt by the TNA brawler. After the Apex Predator rams Anderson’s head into a ringpost

in one of the neutral corners and follows it up with an RKO, it looks like it’s “goodnight Irene” for Anderson

in this tournament. But just when it looks like Orton’s got the match won...

Styles: Orton’s just a three-count away from the semifinals! 1...2...I DON”T BELIEVE IT!

Brain(as camera zooms in on Orton wearing a “WTF?!” look on his face): Neither does Orton!

Styles: Ken Anderson has just kicked out of the RKO! The Viper looking visibly frustrated that he can’t put

the former TNA champion away! Orton going for a scoop slam on Anderson...Anderson blocks it!

Brain: There’s no quit in that guy whatsoever!

Styles: Orton trying for the slam again...ANDERSON REVERSES IT AND HITS ORTON WITH THE

MIKE CHECK! The cover-- and Mr. Anderson will face Kevin Steen in our main event next week at the

TD Garden! For Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, this is Joey Styles saying good night from Agganis Arena!

WINNER: Mr. Anderson by pinfall at 8:57.

Fade to black.

Saturday Throwdown 4/5/2014(Episode 4)

Main Event

CSW world title tournament semifinals match

Mr. Anderson vs. Kevin Steen

Undercard

CSW tag team title tournament semifinals match

The Brotherhood vs. Bad Influence

CSW world title tournament semifinals match

Daniel Bryan vs. Magnus

CSW tag team title tournament semifinals match

The British Bulldogs vs. the Legion of Doom.

Special announcement from commissioner “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

Live from TD Garden in Boston, Mass.

The show opens with a montage of highlights from the March 29th episode of Throwdown accompanied

by commentary from Joey Styles.

Styles: We’re now down to the final four in our tournaments to crown CSW’s first world and tag team

champions...tonight we’ll find out which competitors will move on to the finals of each tournament! Pllus,

CSW commissioner “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will issue his ruling on Alberto Del Rio’s interference in

the world title tournament quarterfinals match between Goldberg and Magnus! We’ve got one seriously

action-packed lineup for you this week as Saturday Throwdown comes to you live from Boston’s famous

TD Garden!

Fade to Styles and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan at the broadcast booth.

Styles: Welcome, everybody, to another blockbuster edition of Throwdown! I’m Joey Styles, and with me

at ringside is Bobby “The Brain” Heenan...Brain, to say that last week’s Throwdown was a wild one would

be an understatement!

Brain: The shock waves from that match between Goldberg and Magnus are still being felt throughout

CSW, Styles...I don’t know what Commissioner Austin’s decision is going to be about that stunt Alberto

Del Rio pulled at the end of the match, but I can guarantee Del Rio won’t like it!

Styles: Speaking of Magnus, he’s got a huge bulls-eye on his back thanks to his escalating feud with

Randy Orton...that could be a huge factor tonight in the world title tournament semifinals! Orton would

like nothing better than to derail Magnus’ bid for the CSW world title...

Brain: And Magnus would love to settle Orton’s hash!

Styles: So would Daniel Bryan, for that matter...The leader of the “Yes!” movement will be locking up with

the reigning TNA heavyweight champion tonight in the first match of our world title tournament semifinals!

And speaking of semifinals, the finalists in our tag team title tournament will be decided tonight when Bad

Influence meets Cody Rhodes & Goldust and the British Bulldogs take on the Legion of Doom! And in our

explosive main event Ken Anderson, coming a spectacular win last week against Randy Orton, will battle

Ring of Honor’s Kevin Steen to wrap up our world title tournament semifinals!

Brain: If Bryan and Anderson advance to the finals of the world title tournament these people(points in

direction of ringside fans behind broadcast table) will go absolutely nuts, Styles! You’re talking two of the

toughest guys in this business today, guys who are the faces of their respective companies....A Bryan vs.

Anderson matchup in the tournament finals would push our ratings through the roof!

Styles: And speaking of the world title tournament, in just a matter of seconds we’ll be hearing from CSW

commissioner “Stone Cold” Steve Austin regarding Alberto Del Rio’s interference in the quarterfinal round

match between Magnus and Goldberg! With that, we’ll send you up to “Mean” Gene Okerlund...

Cut to “Mean” Gene Okerlund standing in the center of the ring.

Mean Gene: All right, my special guest is a man who pulls no punches but has landed quite a few in his

day...he is the recently appointed CSW commissioner, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin!

Ear-splitting pops as Austin emerges from the curtain and bulldozes his way to the ring sporting camo

gear.

Styles: Steve Austin making a dramatic entrance as he comes to TD Garden to address the controversy

surrounding the end of the Goldberg-Magnus match in the world title tournament quarterfinals!

Brain: No beating around the bush with this guy, that’s for sure!

Mean Gene(as Austin comes to a stop near the center of the ring): Steve, I understand you’ve reviewed

the video of Alberto Del Rio’s attack on Goldberg during Goldberg’s match against Magnus last week and

are ready to render your decision on how Del Rio will be disciplined for his actions...

Stone Cold: Gene, Del Rio had no damn business being anywhere near that ring last week, and while I

can’t change what happened, I can sure as hell see to it that he pays for what he did! So I’ve booked a

special match for next week in Chicago....Goldberg vs. Alberto Del Rio in a no-time limit, no-countout, no-

disqualification, falls-count-anywhere match!

Brain(raising his voice to try and make himself heard over the crowd’s reaction): Wow, did you hear that,

Styles?!!

Styles: The commissioner sticking it to Del Rio, ordering him to face Goldberg one-on-one next week

when Throwdown airs live from Chicago’s United Center!

Stone Cold: And as far as Magnus goes, if him or any of his little buddies try anything funny in the match

with Daniel Bryan tonight, not only does Magnus automatically lose by disqualification, but I will suspend

his @$$ from CSW for the next six months!

Brain: The commish isn’t wasting time laying down the law, is he?!!

Styles: Austin’s ruling could have a huge impact not just on the world title tournament, but on all of us

here in CSW! (As Austin exits the ring)Folks, we need a minute or two to catch our breath, so we’re going

to go to commercial...when we come back, the British Bulldogs will take on the Legion of Doom in the first

of our two tag team title tournament semifinal matchups!

Fade to commercial.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday Throwdown Episode 4 Part 2

When we return from the commercial break we hear “What A Rush” booming from the TD Garden PA

and see the Legion of Doom coming to the ring as Justin Roberts starts the pre-match introductions.

Roberts: The following bout, set for one fall, is a CSW tag team championship tournament semifinals

match! Introducing first, at a combined weight of 532 pounds...Hawk and Animal, the Legion of Doom!

Styles: The LOD coming off spectacular wins against the Shield and the Outsiders in the first two rounds

of our tag team title tournament...They’re hoping to punch their ticket to the finals with a victory tonight, as

are reigning TNA tag team champions Bad Influence when they face the top seed Rhodes brothers!

Brain: I don’t envy Daniels and Kazarian their position right now-- if Cody and Goldust don’t wipe ‘em out

the LOD or the Bulldogs will!! They’re practically cannon fodder!

Roberts(as music segues into “Rule Britannia”): And their opponents, at a total combined weight of 519

pounds...Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith, the British Bulldogs!

Styles: Both the Bulldogs and the Legion of Doom electing to fly solo for this match...Davey Boy will

start off for the Bulldogs, Hawk kicking off the action for the LOD, and there’s the bell to get things rolling!

CSW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS MATCH

The British Bulldogs vs. the Legion of Doom

Right from the opening bell it’s obvious this isn’t going to be a short match; in fact, it manages to reach

the twenty-minute mark before Throwdown goes to its next commercial break; when we return from the

break, the action picks up right where it left off, with the momentum constantly swinging back and forth

between the Bulldogs and the LOD....

Styles: 1...2...and Dynamite kicks out!

Brain: This match could end in a time-limit draw!

Styles: Which wouldn’t make anyone happy except maybe Chris Daniels and Frankie Kazarian-- if this

bout does end in draw, that would mean whoever wins the match between Bad Influence and the Rhodes

brothers later tonight would automatically become the CSW tag team champions...

Brain: Can you imagine Daniels and Kazarian as tag champs? If you think their egos are big now, they’d

practically be Godzilla-size if they got hold of the belts!

Styles: Yeah, I’ll say...Animal going for a clothesline on Dynamite Kid, but Dynamite ducks and levels him

with a flying tackle! There’s the tag to Davey Boy Smith-- Davey Boy with a nearly perfect snap suplex on

Animal! And he follows it up with a punishing elbow drop! We could be just moments away from an end to

this match!

Brain: No matter who wins, Styles, people will be talking about this bout for years to come!

Styles: Davey Boy prepping for his signature running powerslam...and there it is! Animal goes crashing

down to the mat! 1--2--3! The Bulldogs reach the finals!

Roberts: Your winners, the British Bulldogs!

Brain: Next week in Chicago, the Bulldogs take on either Bad Influence or the Rhodes brothers! It’ll be

hard to top the bout we just saw, Styles, but the tag team title tournament finals match will come really

close, you can bank on that!

WINNERS: The British Bulldogs with a pin by Davey Boy Smith on Animal at 22:49.

Cut to Bad Influence doing warm-ups back in the locker room area.

Styles: There are Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian, a.k.a. Bad Influence, gearing up for the

second and last match of our tag team title tournament semifinals...but right now it’s time to see Daniel

Bryan in action against Magnus to decide who will be the first to advance to the finals of the CSW world

heavyweight title tournament! Let’s go to Lillian Garcia for the introductions...

Fade to Lillian Garcia standing in the center of the ring.

Garcia: The following contest, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament

semi-finals match! (“Vs. The World” starts playing over the TD Garden PA)Introducing first...from King’s

Lynn, England, accompanied to the ring by Rockstar Spud and Ethan Carter III, weighing at 241 pounds,

Magnus!

Styles: Magnus not exactly getting a warm welcome from the fans here in Boston...

Brain: He might as well be wearing a Yankees jersey the way they’re riding him!

Styles: Speaking of EC III, he’s one of the sixteen contestants currently slated to compete in our

upcoming Iron Man title tournament, but that could change if he interferes in this bout...

Garcia(as music segues into “Flight Of The Valkyries”): And his opponent, accompanied to the ring by

Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns of the Shield...from Aberdeen, Washington and weighing 217 pounds,

Daniel Bryan!

Styles: Looks like the odds have been evened up, Brain!

Brain: I’d like to see Carter pull any funny stuff with those guys at ringside!

Styles: Dean Ambrose with a few choice words for the nephew of TNA president Dixie Carter while

Roman Reigns keeps Rockstar Spud at arm’s length...Magnus not wasting anytime trying to get the

upper hand on Bryan, but it backfires in a big way! Bryan blasting Magnus in the corner with a short

clothesline!

CSW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS MATCH

Daniel Bryan vs. Magnus

Suffice it to say Ambrose and Reigns’ presence at ringside proves to be a powerful deterrent to EC III

and Rockstar Spud; there’s not much they can do except stay in the vicinity of the timekeeper’s table

as Bryan takes every blow Magnus aims at him and throws it right back in his face...

Styles: Bryan Irish whips Magnus into the ropes and follows it up with a textbook clothesline!

Brain: Magnus bragged he’d finish this tournament with two world titles, but he’s more likely to end up

with zero if his next TNA challenger goes after him the way Bryan’s attacking him right now!

Styles(as camera pans to Dean Ambrose slamming EC III against the ringside security rail): Ambrose

taking the fight to Ethan Carter III...spear by Roman Reigns on Rockstar Spud! If Dixie Carter’s watching

this match she can’t much be liking what she sees...

Brain: Yeah, well, that’s her problem-- I love this! (Cut to Bryan executing a Samoan drop on Magnus)

Yeah, that’s it, Bryan, send this ham & egger home!

Styles: He may have to be carried home, Brain...Bryan going for the Yes! Lock on Magnus-- and he’s got

it cinched tight!(Zoom in on Magnus frantically slamming his hand against the mat)Magnus is tapping out!

Daniel Bryan makes it to the finals!

WINNER: Daniel Bryan by submission at 7:01.

As a frustrated Magnus kicks the bottom rope in disgust and EC III and Rockstar Spud stagger back to

the locker room in a daze, Bryan climbs to the top turnbuckle and joins the TD Garden crowd in a chant of

“YES!YES!YES!”. Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns climb up onto the ring apron practically daring Spud

and EC III to fight them; Magnus, meanwhile, decides that discretion is the better part of valor and follows

his cohorts back to the locker room area.

Styles: All that's left now is to figure out who Daniel Bryan's opponent will be in the finals next week, and

that will be settled later tonight when Mr. Anderson takes on Kevin Steen in our main event! For now, we

need to catch our breath...when we come back, the Brotherhood faces Bad Influence in the second bout

of our tag team title tournament semifinals!

Fade to commercial.

Saturday Throwdown Episode 4 Finale

As we return from the commercial break we see a short promo for the April 12th episode of Throwdown,

then fade back to Styles and Brain at the broadcast booth.

Styles:: Well, Brain, it's been a wild night so far, but we're not done yet! We're just minutes away from

finding out who the Bulldogs' opponents will be in the tag team title tournament...

Brain: I've said it before and I'll say it again-- I don't envy Daniels and Kazarian their position right now!

If by some miracle they manage to get past the Rhodes brothers they'll have the Bulldogs waiting for 'em

in the finals, and I can tell you from experience Dynamite and Davey will be aggressive as hell...

Styles: Speaking of Bad Influence and the Rhodes brothers, it's time to go to Lance Russell for the pre-

match introductions!

Cut to Lance Russell in the center of the ring.

Russell: The following contest is a CSW tag team championship tournament semifinals contest, and

it is set for one fall with a half-hour time limit! (“Devious” starts playing over the Garden PA) Coming to

the ring, at a combined weight of 497 pounds...Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian, also known

as Bad Influence!

Styles: Daniels and Kazarian getting a hostile reception from the crowd here in Boston....

Brain: I think A-Rod would get a better reception in here than these guys!

Styles: Should they beat the Rhodes brothers tonight, Daniels and Kazarian will face the British Bulldogs

next Saturday in Chicago in the tournament finals! That’s just one of the big ticket items on our lineup for

next week’s Throwdown...Also on tap, in the finals of our world heavyweight title tournament Daniel Bryan

will face the winner of tonight’s main event; Alberto Del Rio will battle Goldberg in a no-DQ, no time limit,

no countout, falls-count-anywhere grudge match; we’ll have a “crazy eights” elimination bout to determine

who will be our world champion’s first post-tournament challenger; and last but not least the one and only

“Mean Gene” Okerlund will run down the brackets for our upcoming Iron Man title tournament!

Russell: And their opponents....(Music segues into “Gold and Smoke”) At a combined weight of 512

pounds, the team of Cody Rhodes and Goldust, the Brotherhood!

Styles: The former WWE tag team champions look ready for action...

Brain: The Rhodes brothers are so close to the gold they can taste it! Daniels and Kazarian will have

their work cut out for 'em...

CSW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT SEMIIFINALS MATCH

The Brotherhood vs. Bad Influence

For most of this bout the Rhodes brothers do seem to be in near-total control of the action; Cody Rhodes

scores two near-falls in the first ten minutes of the match and Goldust delivers a flying bulldog on Frankie

Kazarian at 16:24. Bad Influence just won't quit, however, and about twenty minutes into the match...

Styles: Goldust setting Kazarian up for the Shattered Dreams maneuver....Kazarian blocks it!

Brain: Not a good sign for the Brotherhood!

Styles: Goldust going for Shattered Dreams a second time...and Kazarian reverses it into a pedigree! The

former WWE Intercontinental champion is out cold! (Camera follows Kazarian as he tags in Daniels) Here

comes Chris Daniels to finish what Frankie Kazarian started!

Brain: If he does what I think he’s about to do, this match is over!

Styles: Best Moonsault Ever by Daniels....and he nails Goldust! 1--2--3! In an upset, Bad Influence have

knocked off the tag team title tournament’s top seeds and secured themselves a spot in the finals, where

they’ll meet the British Bulldogs!

Russel(as camera shows Daniels high-fiving Kazarian): Your winners, the team of Christopher Daniels

and Frankie Kazarian, Bad Influence!

WINNERS: Bad Influence with a pin by Daniels on Goldust at 21:14.

Styles: Only one more loose end to be tied up, and that will be taken care of shortly when Kevin Steen

faces Mr. Anderson in the second semifinal match of our world title tournament! But right now, it’s time

for a preview of next week’s Throwdown!

Dissolve to commercial, then fade to Dave Penzer in the center of the ring as he prepares to introduce

the main event.

Penzer: The following main event, scheduled for one fall, is a CSW world heavyweight title tournament

semifinals match! (“Unsettling Differences” starts playing over the TD Garden PA)Introducing first, from

Marieville, Québec, Canada and weighing 246 pounds....Kevin Steen!

Styles: The Ring of Honor brawler looking pumped up as he hits the ring to face Mr. Anderson to decide

who will face Daniel Bryan next week at the United Center...

Brain: One thing's for sure, Styles, whoever wins this match is going to give Bryan the fight of his life!

Penzer(as camera cuts to the aisle leading from the locker room to the ring): His opponent...(music

changes to “Feedback”) From Green Bay, Wisconsin and weighing in at 238 pounds, Mr. Anderson!

Styles: A huge ovation from the TD Garden fans for the former TNA heavyweight champion...Both he

and Steen have traveled a hard road to get to this point-- Anderson's coming off major wins over Antonio

Cesaro and Randy Orton in the first two rounds of the world title tournament, and Steen's survived back-

to-back grueling matches against Hollywood Hogan and Bully Ray!

Brain: A lot of unfinished business between Steen and Hogan, no doubt about it...Steen's still furious that

Hogan and the NWO stuck their noses in his match against Bully Ray...

Styles: Anderson sporting a Boston Bruins T-shirt as he steps into the ring....Steen with the Montreal

Canadiens logo stamped on his boots, so one of the NHL's oldest and most ferocious rivalries is being

carried right into CSW!

CSW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT SEMIFINALS MATCH

Mr. Anderson vs. Kevin Steen

The second the opening bell rings, Steen and Anderson go at each other like bighorn rams fighting to

stake out their territory. At first it seems like the combatants are locked in a stalemate as the momentum

constantly switches back and forth between them, but near the 15:00 mark the edge starts to distinctly tilt

for keeps towards Anderson, much to Steen's frustration...

Styles: Kevin Steen with some choice words for referee Chad Patton as Patton admonishes him to let go

of his armbar on Anderson in the neutral corner...the former Ring of Honor champion reluctantly backing

off!

Brain: Anderson looks like a truck ran over him!

Styles: A truck might have done less damage...Steen with a belly-to-back suplex on the former TNA world

champion-- the cover...and Anderson kicks out at two!

Brain(as camera zooms in on Steen snapping at Chad Patton): Anderson's like the TNA's answer to the

Energizer bunny...he just keeps going and going and going!

Styles: He might not be going much longer...Steen's beginning to set him up for what looks like a

Michinoku driver-- ANDERSON REVERSES IT AND HITS HIM WITH THE MIKE CHECK! 1--2--3!

Next week in Chicago Mr. Anderson will face Daniel Bryan in the tournament finals! For Bobby “The

Brain” Heenan, this is Joey Styles saying good night from Boston's TD Garden!

WINNER: Mr. Anderson by pinfall at 16:52.

Fade to black.

(Note: Sorry for the excruciatingly long delays in between postings, and thanks for your patience.)

Saturday Throwdown 4/12/2014(Episode 5)

Main Event

CSW world title tournament finals match

Mr. Anderson vs. Daniel Bryan

Undercard

CSW tag team title tournament finals match

Bad Influence vs. the British Bulldogs

Grudge match(no time limit, no DQ, no countout, falls count anywhere)

Preview of Iron Man championship tournament

“Crazy eights” elimination match(winner becomes number one contender for CSW world title)

Rick Martel vs. Abyss vs. Adam Cole vs. Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Pat O'Connor vs. Booker T. vs. One Man

Gang vs. Antonio Cesaro

Live from the United Center in Chicago, Ill.

The show opens with a close-up of Michael Cole standing in the middle of the ring at the United

Center; behind him we can see the stands are empty. The caption at the bottom of the screen reads

“Recorded This Afternoon”.

Cole: Hello, everybody...I'm talking to you from what at the moment is a very quiet United Center-- but

it won't be quiet for long, because tonight the CSW world title tournament and tag team title tournament

will reach their respective climaxes as we crown our first tag team champions and first world champion.

Also on tap for tonight: our broadcast partner Mean Gene Okerlund gives us a rundown of the upcoming

Iron Man championship tournament, eight CSW competitors will go head-to-head in an elimination match

to decide our first post-tournament challenger for the world title, and Alberto Del Rio battles WCW legend

Goldberg in a grudge match where anything goes. And with that, we’ll take you to Joey Styles and Bobby

“The Brain” Heenan for tonight’s action...

Fade to Styles and Brain at the broadcast booth.

Styles: Thanks for the introduction, Michael...welcome, everybody to what promises to be the most

explosive edition of Saturday Throwdown we've broadcast so far! Tonight, as Michael Cole has just

reminded us, the world title and tag team title tournaments will reach their climax as the finals of both

tournaments will take place here at the United Center! I'm Joey Styles, and with me at ringside is Bobby

“The Brain” Heenan....

Brain: The time for talking's over, Styles-- tonight, one way or another, we're going to decide our first

world heavyweight champion and first tag team champions!

Styles: That we are, Brain...tonight in the finals of our tag team title tournament Chris Daniels and

Frankie Kazarian, a.k.a. Bad Influence, will take on the British Bulldogs with the winners becoming

CSW's first tag team champions! And of course in our main event you'll see the finals of our world

heavyweight title tournament as Mr. Anderson faces Daniel Bryan...

Brain: It's not often you can say this, but no matter who wins that match he'll deserve to wear the belt!

Styles: Amen...Speaking of the soon-to-be-filled world title, our first post-tournament contender for the

belt will be decided in our opening bout as former tournament competitor and new Paul Heyman protege

Antonio Cesaro takes on seven other CSW athletes in a crazy eights elimination match! Also on tonight's

lineup: Goldberg battles Alberto Del Rio in a no-DQ, no countout, no time limit, falls-count-anywhere bout

ordered by CSW commissioner “Stone Cold” Steve Austin....

Brain(turning to directly face camera): And when we say anywhere, folks, we mean anywhere! In the ring,

on the floor, in the crowd, at the concession stand, in the restrooms, out in the parking lot, the basement

of the Wright Tower, the fifty-yard line at Soldier Field, the Cubs' locker room, the fish tanks out at Shedd

Aquarium, Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office desk...

Styles: Also on tap for tonight, our broadcast partner “Mean” Gene Okerlund will give us a preview of the

upcoming Iron Man title tournament....but right now, it's time to head up to the ring for our opening bout!

“CRAZY EIGHTS” ELIMINATION MATCH(winner becomes #1 contender for CSW world title)

Rick Martel vs. Abyss vs. Adam Cole vs. Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Pat O'Connor vs. Booker T. vs. the One Man

Gang vs. Antonio Cesaro

We don't have to wait very long for our first elimination in this bout; barely two minutes into the action the

sheer bulk of the One Man Gang enables him to dispose of Pat O'Connor with a splash off the ropes. At

the 7:30 mark Gang gets eliminated himself courtesy of a DDT by Abyss while Jumbo Tsuruta taps out to

Rick Martel's patented Boston crab...

Styles: Not even eight minutes gone yet in this match, and already we've got three guys gone!

Brain: Make that four, Styles...Adam Cole just pinned Booker T.!

Styles: A mere eight minutes elapsed in this bout, and half of the men in this match have been sent back

to the showers!

Brain: This is a taste of what the winner of tonight’s main event can expect to face once he gets the belt...

look at the intensity in that ring right now! I don’t think Martel’s been this fired up since he teamed up with

Santana to take on Demolition at Wrestlemania IV!

Styles: Adam Cole, the reigning ROH world champion, trading punches with Antonio Cesaro...(Cut to

Paul Heyman screaming “Don’t back down, Cesaro!” outside the ring) Paul Heyman giving his newest

client some much-needed encouragement...

Brain: He might need surgery too before this bout’s over!

Styles: We’ve passed the ten and a half minute mark now....Over in the neutral corner Abyss hammering

away at Martel with a series of vicious forearm shots....he heaves Martel toward the ropes hoping to get a

clothesline-- MARTEL COLLIDES WITH ADAM COLE!

Brain: This could change everything!

Styles: Abyss trying for the clothesline on Rick Martel and ended up sending him crashing right into Adam

Cole! Cesaro taking advantage of the situation to set Cole up for the Neutralizer-- down he goes! 1...2...3!

It’s now down to Cesaro, Abyss, and a somewhat dazed Rick Martel!

Seconds later Martel shocks everyone in the United Center(himself included) by showing the presence of

mind to catch Cesaro in a crucifix for a pin, then taking Abyss off his feet with a head scissors and slap on

the Boston crab. Abyss tries valiantly to struggle towards the ring ropes but can’t quite make it, and after a

minute or so of excruciating agony reluctantly taps out. making Martel the first post-tournament challenger

for CSW’s soon-to-be-filled world heavyweight title.

WINNER: Rick Martel with a submission hold on Abyss at 12:04.

As EMTs hit the ring to help Abyss back to the locker room and a visibly irate Paul Heyman berates Nick

Patrick for “letting” Martel pin Antonio Cesaro, the camera follows a jubilant Martel high-fiving the fans at

ringside.

Fade to commercial.

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday Throwdown Episode 5 Part 2

As we return from the commercial break we see the camera panning over the United Center crowd while

Joey Styles resumes his commentary.

Styles: Well, it's been an exciting night so far already, and it's only to get more intense, because in a few

minutes Goldberg will be facing Alberto Del Rio in a grudge match where anything goes! In the meantime

let's check in with "Mean" Gene Okerlund at the CSW Media Center in San Francisco as he gives us the

rundown on the upcoming Iron Man championship tournament....take it away, Gene!

Fade to "Mean" Gene Okerlund standing beside a giant flat-screen wall monitor with the Iron Man title

tournament brackets on display.

Gene: Thanks, Joey...(turns to face camera) Folks, we're just minutes away from crowning our first CSW

world champion and CSW tag team champions, and once that's been done the sixteen individuals whose

names you see here in these brackets will go head-to-head in a battle to decide our first Iron Man champ!

First up, tournament top seed and TNA submission specialist Samoa Joe will take on number 16 seeded

Buff Bagwell; next, number two seed and ECW icon Tommy Dreamer aims to live up to his billing as "the

Innovator of Violence" when he battles number fifteen seed and irrepressible WWE powerhouse the Miz!

As for number fourteen seed Bad News Barrett, he could be getting some bad news himself as he takes

on number three seed and two-time, two-time, two-time former WCW world heavyweight champ Diamond

Dallas Page!

The most interesting matchup in the first round, at least from yours truly's perspective, is the one that pits

number four seed "Modern-Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich against thirteenth-seeded Ethan Carter III....the

contrast in personalities and ring techniques between the Texas old-school man of the people and TNA's

notoriously brash "one percenter" is a striking one to say the least! And while we're on the subject of TNA

and brash personalities, the self-proclaimed "greatest Intercontinental champion of all time" will square off

with a former TNA world champion as fifth-seeded A.J. Styles faces number twelve seed the Honky Tonk

Man! Our number six seed, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, will be pitted against one of the most fearless if

not reckless hardcore competitors in number eleven seed Mick Foley...Number seven seed and rising

WWE sensation Big E Langston will try to parlay the skills that won him the Intercontinental title into a

successful run for the Iron Man belt as he squares off with tenth-seeded Davey Richards of TNA....And

last but not least, two legends of the '80s will finally meet face-to-face as ninth-seeded competitor and

AWA alumnus "Rock & Roll" Buck Zumhofe goes toe-to-toe with number eight seed and one-time WWE

Intercontinental champion "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig! Further information on the tournament schedule will

be coming your way soon-- but in the meantime, we’re going to send you back to Joey Styles and Bobby

“The Brain” Heenan at the United Center!

Styles: Thanks, Gene...Following our next bout you'll see the British Bulldogs and Bad Influence square

off in our tag team title tournament finals, and in our blockbuster main even Mr. Anderson takes on Daniel

Bryan to decide CSW's first world heavyweight champion! And with that, let's send it up to Dave Penzer!

Cut to Dave Penzer standing in the center of the ring.

Penzer: The following contest, set for one fall, is a grudge match! There will be no disqualifications, no

time limit, no countouts, and falls will count anywhere! ("Realeza" starts playing over the United Center

PA)Introducing first, from San Luis Potosi, Mexico and weighing 276 pounds...Alberto Del Rio!

Styles: The Mexican aristocrat looking mighty pleased with himself as he heads to the ring...

Brain: Let's see if he still has that grin on his face after Senõr Goldberg drops him on his cabeza!

Styles: The bad blood between Goldberg and Del Rio started when the former WCW world champion

knocked Del Rio out of the world title tournament in the first round and mushroomed after interference by

Del Rio cost Goldberg a win against Magnus in the tournament quarterfinals! Now, in what for all intents

and purposes is the rubber match between these two man, Goldberg will be looking to get some payback

on Del Rio!

Penzer(as music switches to "Invasion"): And his opponent...from Atlanta, Georgia and weighing 283

pounds, Goldberg!

Styles: Goldberg is super-focused as he...(pan to Goldberg charging at Del Rio and knocking him over,

then pounding him with closed fists) The Georgia Bulldog not wasting any time going on the attack! Del

Rio getting hammered in the corner!

GRUDGE MATCH(no time limit, no disqualifications, no countouts, falls count anywhere)

Goldberg attacks the Mexican aristocrat like a man possessed, beating him unmercifully as he lets out

his frustration at having his first chance for the CSW world title derailed by Del Rio's interference in his

tournament quarterfinals bout against Magnus. The assault continues out on the floor as the former WCW

world champion heaves Del Rio over the top rope and rams him headfirst into the timekeeper's table; he

goes for the cover on the arena floor, but by some miracle Del Rio manages to kick out at two and a half...

Styles: I thought for sure Del Rio was finished after that beating from Goldberg!

Brain: So did Del Rio!

Styles: Del Rio trying to shake the cobwebs out of his head...Goldberg sets him up for the Irish whip--Del

Rio reverses it and Goldberg crashes into the security railing!

Brain: Maybe we should've had this match on Valentine's Day, because it's turning into a massacre!(Pan

to Del Rio peppering Goldberg with a series of haymakers) This makes the most vicious hockey fight look

like a game of hide and seek!

Styles: And there've been some serious NHL brawls in this building, Brain...Del Rio throws Goldberg over

the security railing and into the crowd, and fans scatter in a hundred directions!

Brain: Nobody wants to get caught in the middle between these two, Styles, you can bank on that...

Styles: Referee Joey Marella following Goldberg and Del Rio through the stands, ready to count the pin

or submission should it happen in the stands....Del Rio trying to set Goldberg up for a German suplex....

Goldberg's not having it! Del Rio goes for the suplex again-- Goldberg reverses it and drills Del Rio with

a DDT!

Brain: It could be buenos noches for Mr. Del Rio!

Styles: We're ten minutes into this grudge match now, and we could be just moments away from the end

as Goldberg starts to set Del Rio up for the Jackhammer...

Brain: If he hits that, Del Rio's finished!

Styles: Goldberg picks Del Rio up...Del Rio with a cross-body block from out of nowhere! One--two--and

Goldberg just barely manages to kick out in the nick of time!

Brain: The only thing you can predict about this kind of a match is that it's going to be unpredictable!

Styles: You've got that right, Brain...Del Rio and Goldberg trading punches as the action spills over into

the locker room area! The British Bulldogs wisely steering clear of the melee...Del Rio slams Goldberg up

against the locker room wall! The cover-- and the former WCW world champion just manages to kick out!

Brain: They could have held this match in the Chicago stockyard, 'cause these two are going after each

other like a pair of Brahma bulls!

Styles: We're going to have to take a short break...we'll continue with this match when we come back!

Fade to commercial.

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday Throwdown Episode 5 Part 3

As we return from the commercial break we see Goldberg and Alberto Del Rio trading punches in the

hallway outside the Chicago Bulls locker room. Del Rio's left eye looks like it's starting to swell shut and

we can also see scratches on Goldberg's right arm.

Styles: We're back with Throwdown, and as you can see Goldberg and Del Rio are still slugging it out in

their no-holds-barred grudge match!

Brain: This could go on all night, Styles!

Styles: Maybe even into Monday morning, Brain...Chris Daniels of Bad Influence opened the locker room

door and Goldberg speared Del Rio right through the doorway! The cover--1...2...and Del Rio kicks out!

Brain: How is he able to keep going?!!

Styles: Who knows?....Daniels and his tag team partner Frankie Kazarian steering clear of the chaos as

Del Rio throws Goldberg back out into the hallway and starts pummeling him with a flurry of roundhouse

rights!

Brain: What's Spanish for "OW!"?

Styles: That word doesn't need any translation, Brain-- and neither does the look on Goldberg's face as

he blocks Del Rio's punch and nails the Mexican superstar with a roundhouse punch of his own! Nearly

fifteen minutes gone by in this grudge match, but neither one of these guys is showing the slightest sign

of slowing down! Scoop slam by Goldberg on Del Rio!

Brain: No matter how this match turns out, both these guys are going to need a TON of painkillers when

it's over!

The camera crew follows Goldberg down the hallway as he drags Del Rio into a nearby storage room

and throws him into a pile of folded cardboard boxes. He starts to go for another spear only to have the

former WWE champion sidestep him at the last second and shove him head-first into the wall. Goldberg

topples over like a bowling pin...

Styles: That could be all she wrote for Goldberg!

Brain: If Del Rio gets the three-count on him, we'll never hear the end of it...

Styles: Del Rio trying to set Goldberg up for the cross armbreaker-- and a thumb to the eye by Goldberg!

The former WCW world champion pulling himself back to his feet...he's got Alberto Del Rio set up for the

Jackhammer! Down goes Del Rio! Joey Marella over to make the count...1--2--3! Goldberg gets his long-

awaited payback for Del Rio's sabotage of his CSW world title run! Let's get the official word from our ring

annoucer, Dave Penzer...

Penzer(off-camera): Here is your winner, Goldberg!

WINNER: Goldberg by pinfall at 19:04.

Styles: We'll take a few seconds to catch our breath, and then we'll be back with the CSW tag team title

tournament finals!

Fade to 30-second plug for the next episode of Throwdown, then cut back to Styles and Brain at the

broadcast booth.

Styles: During the break I got official confirmation from our stats crew that the just-completed grudge bout

between Goldberg and Alberto Del Rio clocks in as the longest singles match to date in CSW history at an

eye-popping 19 minutes and 4 seconds!

Brain: I'll bet Goldberg could sleep for a week after that match!

Styles: While we're waiting for the Bulldogs and Daniels & Kazarian to hit the ring, here's a quick rundown

of the card for next week's Saturday Throwdown, which will be coming to you from the Allstate Arena right

down the road from here in Rosemont, Illinois...as we mentioned at the top of the hour the Iron Man title

tournament will get underway with Samoa Joe taking on Buff Bagwell, Tommy Dreamer squaring off with

the Miz, Diamond Dallas Page facing Bad News Barrett, and Kerry Von Erich going head-to-head with the

one and only Ethan Carter III! And in the main event, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns of the Shield will be

taking on the New Age Outlaws, Pat Patterson & Ray "The Crippler" Stevens, and the Fabulous Freebirds

in a fatal four-way match to decide our first post-tournament challengers for the soon-to-be-filled CSW tag

team titles!

Brain: That should be a scorcher!

Styles: And on that note, we'll send you over to Justin Roberts for the introductions in our next bout!

Fade to Justin Roberts standing in the center of the ring.

Roberts: The following bout, set for one fall, is the finals of the CSW tag team championship tournament!

The winners of this match will be crowned CSW's first tag team champions! ("Devious" starts playing over

the United Center PA)Introducing first, at a total combined weight of 482 pounds, Christopher Daniels and

Frankie Kazarian, Bad Influence!

Styles: Daniels and Kazarian have traveled a highly controversial road to get to this match tonight...they

knocked out the Eliminators in the first round, scored a narrow victory over their TNA archfoes the Wolves

in the quarterfinals, and in the semifinals they survived a hard-fought battle against former WWE tag team

champions the Rhodes brothers!

Brain: But this might be their toughest match yet!

Roberts(as music segues into "Rule Britannia"): And their opponents....at a total combined weight of 522

pounds, Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith, the British Bulldogs!

Styles: A standing ovation for Dynamite and Davey Boy as they come to the ring to take on Daniels and

Kazarian-- and the TNA high-flyers barely even wait for the bell to finish ringing before they go on attack

against the former WWE tag team champions!

Brain: This is gonna be a slugfest if I know the Bulldogs!

CSW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINALS MATCH

The British Bulldogs vs. Bad Influence

True to Brain's prediction, the Bulldogs and Daniels & Kazarian go at it hammer and tong; for most of the

first fifteen minutes of the bout Dynamite and Davey Boy's size and strength give them a distinct edge over

Bad Influence. Around the 16:10 mark, however, the momentum slowly begins to shift in favor of Daniels

& Kazarian...

Styles: Irish whip by Daniels on Dynamite Kid into the ropes, and he follows it up with a brutal clothesline!

Things not looking good for the Bulldogs right now...

Brain: But you can never count the Bulldogs out until the match is over! I've seen them on the ropes about

a hundred times, and they come right back and tear you up like you were tissue paper!

Styles: Good point, Brain...Daniels with the tag to Kazarian, and Frankie Kazarian starts unloading on a

clearly dazed Dynamite Kid! Multiple elbow smashes to the sternum followed up by a legdrop across the

face! Bad Influence could be just moments away from winning the tournament!

Brain: If they do win, it'll totally change the power balance in the CSW tag team division!

Styles: Kazarian going up to the top rope for a 450 splash...NOBODY HOME! Dynamite gets out of the

way at the last second! He makes a mad sprint to his own corner...and there's the tag to Davey Boy!

Brain: It's a whole new ball game!

Styles: Davey Boy Smith jumps back in the ring and unloads a barrage of roundhouse rights on Chris

Daniels! (As Daniels staggers toward the ropes)A devastating headbutt by Davey Boy! The Fallen Angel

looking shaky as Smith starts to set him up for a running-- DANIELS WITH THE DDT FROM OUT OF

NOWHERE! The cover...and just like that Bad Influence snatches victory from the jaws of defeat! We've

got our first tag team champions!

Brain: It might not have been the ending the crowd wanted, but we've settled the matter of who our first

tag champs will be...

Styles: Now let's get the official word from Justin Roberts!

Roberts(as camera shows Daniels and Kazarian accepting the CSW tag team title belts): Your winners

and the undisputed CSW tag team champions, Bad Influence!

WINNER: Bad Influence with a pin by Christopher Daniels on Davey Boy Smith at 18:10.

As the crowd boos Daniels and Kazarian and a stunned Davey Boy Smith is helped out of the ring by the

Dynamite Kid, a gloating Daniels picks up a wireless mic and starts boasting about how Bad Influence will

rule the CSW tag team ranks for years to come. About two minutes into his commentary, though, Daniels

is abruptly interrupted mid-sentence by the familiar cadence 'Sierra...Hotel...India...Echo....Lima...Delta....

SHIELD' and the first strains of "Special Op"....

Styles(as camera cuts to the Shield walking through the United Center crowd): Looks like somebody's

decided to crash the victory party!

Brain: More like three somebodies, Styles!

Styles: The Shield are making a surprise guest appearance tonight here on Throwdown, and obviously

Bad Influence isn't happy to see them!

Brain(as camera zooms in on Seth Rollins glaring at Kazarian): They don't look too happy to see Daniels

and Kazarian either!

Cut to Dean Ambrose holding his own wireless mic and entering the ring to confront Daniels.

Ambrose: You guys think you're real cute, don't you? Well, there's one thing you won't think is so cute,

and that's the @$$-kicking we're going to give you the first time we meet in the ring! (Zoom in on Daniels

gaping at Ambrose in shock)You and Kazarian are a joke, and your being the CSW tag team champions

is an even bigger joke....but the last laugh will be on you guys when we beat you 1,2,3 and take those tag

team belts from you! (Passes mic to Roman Reigns)

Reigns: Better enjoy those titles while you can, boys, because I can promise you they won't be yours for

long! You might have lucked out so far against every other tag team you've faced in CSW, but the minute

you take on the Shield your luck will run out...

Camera pans to Daniels and Kazarian trying to blindside Ambrose and Rollins.

Styles(as we zoom in on Ambrose punching out Kazarian): The newly crowned CSW tag team champs

tried to jump the Shield, and it's backfired on them in a big way! (Insane pops from crowd)Roman Reigns

with the spear on Chris Daniels! The numbers game is definitely playing out in thei Shield's favor as they

clean house!

Brain: There hasn't been a mismatch like this in the Windy City since the White Sox swept the Astros in

the 2005 World Series!(Cut to Rollins nailing Kazarian with a Superman punch) Daniels and Kazarian are

gonna need some serious dental work come tomorrow morning!

Styles: They might need a chiropractor too-- Kazarian being set up for the Shield's patented triple power

bomb...and he just gets DRILLED into the canvas! And there's another triple bomb on Daniels! The reign

of Bad Influence as CSW tag team champions is getting off to a rocky start!

Camera pulls back to show the Shield standing triumphantly over a fallen Daniels and Kazarian with the

CSW tag team title belts lying face-down at Kazarian's feet.

Styles: When we return, you'll see our main event as Daniel Bryan takes on Ken Anderson in the finals

of our world heavyweight title tournament!

Fade to commercial.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.