Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Just when we were discussing if we really want to go for two, we find out we are seven (or so) weeks pregnant even with precautions. We learned that the combination of waning off breast feeding and a new medication messes with pill's effectiveness. I am excited about the kid, but I am pissed that her physician overlooked this. I am scared of twins with her being an older mom AND a maternal twin. Both of our families are elsewhere in the country and Denver is quite expensive so one of us staying at home is out of the question. We find out Friday...

Our second is a breeze. Sleeps as well (our son was a miracle who started sleeping all night at 4 weeks), eats better, fewer tantrums, everything.

But, yes, that was my biography.

Law of opposites. My first was a breeze. Good looking, smart, not a tool... no way I get lucky twice in a row.

Are you sure he's yours?

Bennett (out first and only) is so easy. He is well ahead of every developmental milestone, he stops being fussy when he gets what he wants (which is almost always to be fed), and he is all around freaking awesome. All of this new parent stuff like sleepless nights, non-stop crying, etc...I have yet to experience. I have a feeling the universe will balance itself out with baby #2.

There's a lot of really stupid **** on Facebook, but this is just bewildering:

https://www.facebook.com/MadeMan.com/posts/10158877688730160

Really hope that's satire. I get that "fast fashion" is not always very flattering because they are trying to appeal to as many people as possible and so they cut it a little more generously, but $400 jeans is out of most people's price range and does not make sense for all lifestyles. My husband has 1 pair of "dress" jeans for going out and very business casual events that he pairs with a blazer. He doesn't wear them to look "blue collar". After that it's Costco Lucky Brand and another generic for working in the yard and other chores. But really, he mostly wears khakis and slacks because he's a business guy.

2nd kid is easier in some ways, harder in others. If your first kid is a boy, then yes, the second is probably easier. If your first was a girl and the second is a boy, look out. Our son is way more stubborn and makes 5x the trouble of our daughter. He is 3 right now and boy is he challenging. Our daughter has her moments too, but he's definitely a new level.