Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

I have trouble understanding why anyone wants to live in Florida, but if you do, I hope you are safe and your stuff isn't ruined.

Because warm and Disney World and I can afford it without selling my soul to the evil movie corporations.

Mom's fence is down and screened porch is damaged, but her house is otherwise okay. No power so she's staying here for awhile.

I have trouble understanding why anyone wants to live in Florida, but if you do, I hope you are safe and your stuff isn't ruined.

Because warm and Disney World and I can afford it without selling my soul to the evil movie corporations.

Mom's fence is down and screened porch is damaged, but her house is otherwise okay. No power so she's staying here for awhile.

But oppressive heat and humidity and bugs and air conditioned necessity and stupid rednecks and no basements

Gotta admit, growing up in a redneck family made living in Florida a lot more tolerable. But after 10 years on the west coast, I might have a hard time going back. I think we've decided to stay put for a few more years and see if the work situation gets better. If not, we will likely be back there. It's actually more "home" to us than Illinois or California anymore.

My mother-in-law survived thanks to the 20 mile shift to the east. So far I think the only damage is one panel on the screen room. They won't have power for 2 weeks, though, probably. That area is also really lucky because Matthew came through at low tide. It's going to be bad up north by Jacksonville.

Motherfuckers told the unemployment office that I requested a leave of absence. Which I didn't, and I have the emails showing what I did ask, which is if there were any other options.

Also, is anyone here really good with resumes and willing to help me?