Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

I was playing with my son with his See and Say, and I asked what a rooster says, and he answered "cockadoo!" then I asked about what a cow says, and his answer was "cow!"

I had some friends that ran a day care and there was this one kid who could get all the animals but ducks.

Taylor, what does a cow say?

Mooooooo!

Taylor, what does a cat say?

Meow!

Taylor, what does a horse say?

*snooorrt* And then she'd whinnie like a horse and paw the ground. Her parents raised horses.

Taylor, what does a duck say?

Duck Duck.

:unimpressed:

That's funny. How old was she? Duck Duck actually isn't too far off from Quack Quack for a small child or for Krawlie.

Cerina - my company is in the process of opening a huge office in Dallas if you're interested in moving and completely changing careers.

Tempting!! I think I'm going to go back to school full time. Maybe try to find a work from home position or something. Right now, as much as this place sucks , it's best if we stay in Houston. My grandparents all live here and if we took their only great-grandchild away...they might die. I actually mean that. Having Noah around gives them something to do during the week. Plus...free babysitting.

But we've considered moving to Dallas or back to Austin.

Their entire profession is insane.

I have a friend who works as an escrow assistant at a title company, and she tells me that, in her experience, the average Realtor will get a new assistant about once a year. There were other agents in our office who went through 3-4 assistants in the 7 months I was there.

I'm going back to school. I think I've decided. It was always our plan for me to quit working and go back to school once Trevor graduated. The only thing is, Trevor isn't making enough money to pay all of our expenses each month, so I'll have to work at least part-time.

Funny. I asked him the other day when he was going to get a job and help pay bills. His exact response was, " I'm too little, and YOU said we can't go to China where I can get my own work." There was an eye roll in there somewhere.

Yeah. I don't know how to fix that either. I just want to sit outside sometimes and my neighbors come out to talk to me. "Hey, look, this is the only time get to myself and I just want to sit and enjoy the natural world. So go away!" Sounds way too bitchy so I pick up my reading and go back inside. SIGH.

Have you tried just letting her know you'd like to be alone? Maybe you can talk about projectile vomit with diseases!?

So some friends of ours had their house catch on fire thanks to some shithead kids and illegal fireworks. Luckily no one was home, but the three year old's room burned up, destroying all of her toys and clothes. The whole house is full of smoke and all their furniture is basically worthless now. ****ing hell, man.