Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Goddamn kid is still in the breech position at 37 weeks. We don't wanna have a C-section, but it's looking more and more likely. I was really hoping he'd be born soon, too...

A c-section is a pain in the neck, but not the worst thing in the world, and breech position is a very good reason. Recovery from a c-section is much harder, but sometimes it's gotta be done.

Under no circumstances, let those "natural birth" a-holes guilt you or Katie about it not being a "real birth". Those people piss me off beyond belief. A c-section is not ideal but certain circumstances call for it. If someone offers to "turn" him, make sure you're in a hospital and prepare yourself for the possibility of an emergency c-section.

Oh yeah we're not worried about those people. We get that it's necessary sometimes (like breech) and are accepting that it's likely for us at this point. We're still hoping we won't have to, but if we do, we can deal with it. She absolutely does not want to do a turn. Her sister had that and it resulted in an emergency c-section, so we figure if we're gonna have to have a c-section anyway we'd rather it not be an emergency.

She's a lot more worried about the recovery than the actual procedure, though having it looming over us isn't helping. The idea that her guts will be on a table freaks her out, obviously.

Still though, fingers crossed the little jerk turns himself at some point. There's still time!

We now have an entire department that exists just to screw with our scheduling. My direct supervisor has no say, her boss has no say and his boss has a little influence, but that's it. And it's full of people who never have to experience any ill-effects.

I'm willing to do my bit, but being stuck until 6:30 every weekday for 6 months so people in Dallas can get out earlier than 5:30 is too much.

Aw. A couple I see at Church are both dead now. The wife passed away in March and now the husband has passed away. I feel sad. :( I always looked forward to time spent with them. We have actually been to several music concerts together and we have been to the McNay many times to see art. They were interesting people. Take care of yourselves!