Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Dude, this has been a really tough time for you, Krawlie. And on the topic of saying something to parents, having been through 3 miscarriages, which to us was very much losing children, I can say that one person actually said something that was slightly helpful. 1 person throughout all three, and that person just said that they were sad too. Sometimes just acknowledging pain and sharing it can be immensely helpful.

And on to my fave topic, me, I had the surgery today and despite the fact that I mostly feel like shit and I look like a chipmunk, I feel better. Partially that's because I'm numb, partially because I'm super high on the pain meds combined with the stuff left in my system from the surgery, and a big part because I no longer have an exposed root and danger of death from minor infection. I'm still bleeding quite a bit, but it's finally slowing down. Soft foods for a few days and then hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to eat real food for the first time in a month.

Fortunately for me, I've been pretty disconnected from most of it. I couldn't go to Arizona for the friend's funeral; coworker is obviously not at work; in laws have two other cats and Lyra accepted the answer of the missing one going to live on a farm; and even though I've been a fan of Piper most my life, it's not like I knew the guy. I was pretty numb for a while last week, but I'm okay. There was a lot of death around the time Lyra was born, so that there is a 1.5-2 months before our next one seems grossly fitting.

Yeah, even those that aren't closely connected can be rough. Make sure to do something for yourself.

And I know the feeling. I was hospitalized for pneumonia and discovered that I have asthma a few months before my son was born, so it sseems fitting to have these health problems now.

Hopefully they don't continue with each kid.

We want more kids, but pregnancy is pretty hard of my wife and she gets really difficult, so I honestly don't know if we'll have any more. It is going to be a tough call that we'll have to discuss when the time comes.

I'm done after this one. I wanted to be done after Noah, but this time I'm going to take steps to ensure the doneness. I'm getting too old for this. My doctor keeps saying things like "because of your age" to me and I don't like it.

I'd like to join Torch. Actually, we hope to manage to have 5 or 6. I think 4 is probably the biggest chance.

And so I don't take drugs. I've smoked pot twice, and I drink, but I've only been drunk a couple times. But I've been taking my pain meds regularly and the max dose, and I'm high and I can't decide if I like it or hate it.

I don't consider myself poor, but I keep getting saddled with poor people problems. Lower middle class is a hard thing to break out of, it's a rigged game.

My dad was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor, he is probably going to die soon. He's talking about checking out on his own terms. I keep having nightmares about having to identify the body and seeing half his head missing from a bullet to the temple. I get why he would do it, it's a degenerative, unpleasant thing, but no one wants to see a loved one like that. I'm very close to my dad which makes the situation tough. I don't talk to anyone about it except my wife, and I think it's starting to get at me. Very difficult to think about, much less verbalize.

I hope things go better for everyone. Lots of grief and bad things to go around. Maybe someone will win the lottery and we can vicariously live through that.

Burt, I'm sorry to hear about that. Do you think your dad would understand if you explained to him that putting you through that would really hurt? I agree, no one wants to see a loved one in that form.

I also hear you on the poor people's problems. My mom can't seem to get herself out of her rut, and she just keeps making bad decisions with her money that make the situation worse. But she's also too proud to be on government assistance, so I had to get her Medicaid qualified kicking and screaming. Was not a pleasant experience, to say the least.

On a completely different note, I just started drinking a bottle of "Not Your Father's Root Beer". It tastes just like root beer, but is 5.9% ABV. I love root beer, so this is right up my alley, but I find myself feeling it more quickly than I feel other high alcohol content beers. I may have to buy another 6-pack just in case this is a special one-time only offering here.

I don't consider myself poor, but I keep getting saddled with poor people problems. Lower middle class is a hard thing to break out of, it's a rigged game.

My dad was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor, he is probably going to die soon. He's talking about checking out on his own terms. I keep having nightmares about having to identify the body and seeing half his head missing from a bullet to the temple. I get why he would do it, it's a degenerative, unpleasant thing, but no one wants to see a loved one like that. I'm very close to my dad which makes the situation tough. I don't talk to anyone about it except my wife, and I think it's starting to get at me. Very difficult to think about, much less verbalize.

I hope things go better for everyone. Lots of grief and bad things to go around. Maybe someone will win the lottery and we can vicariously live through that.

So sorry, Burt. Tell him that you love him and try to make every day left a happy one for him. But, the things that must be racing through your mind. I am sorry that your father has to bear this burden, and I am sorry that you do as well. Try to stay strong and positive for him and your family. As hard as it is.